SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-20-18, 02:33 PM   #4576
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

There are "channels" through all of the minefields, usually, but you CANNOT rely upon the surface vessels to show you the way, since mines in SH4 can be set deep, below the surface vessels' keel, and you will see convoys routed right through the minefields. Open "Jap_Minefields.mis", and "Merge" it with something like "43a_Jap_Convoys.mis" (do NOT click the "Mark merged data as saveable" tick box, else you'll have a mess). Zoom in on the home islands, and you'll see all sorts of RGG routed right through the perimeter minefields. Granted, some are set to -75 to -20 (meters, mind you), with the express purpose of taking out a sub, but some aren't. I do not know if a minefield will simulate a submarine catching the cable, as seen in the movies, and having it pull down toward the sub or not. That might be interesting to find out... With fields such as those, unless "layered" shallower, the best course of action, if you are so inclined to attempt, is to surface, and go over them... Anyway, as in a lot of aspects of the game, mines are sometimes placed in areas that a "sane" skipper would never think to take his boat, and are therefore used as a deterrent... sort of like Duci's Evil Airplanes...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-19, 11:07 PM   #4577
Trustworthy
Swabbie

Downloads: 19
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by razark View Post
Missing heads? Haven't had that problem.

My problem is that my boat is crewed by a whole bunch of identical twins...

I would kinda like to see someone else on the boat once in a while.

Anybody have any input on what I could do to fix this?
I know it's been eight-ish years or so since this original bug report, but I'm nonetheless curious... Did anyone ever have any luck fixing this issue? I recently got back into SHIV, and I'm absolutely loving TMO, but this silly face bug is really gumming up my immersion.

I was doing a little testing, and found some potentially useful information about the problem... The face replacement seems to happen whenever a crewman is promoted in the field. During missions, I've seen seamen with their correct/original/diverse faces hit the level up mark (going from, say, 3rd class to 2nd class) and immediately transform into Mr. Redhead Goatee Clone Man. It's no wonder that people end up with boats full of this guy; they're slowly popping in and bodysnatching crew members in a way that most captains wouldn't notice until it's too late.

I don't have any SH modding experience (beyond tweaking a .txt file here and there), but I'd love some assistance in making this problem go away.

Thanks, and happy new year, all!
Trustworthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-19, 07:08 PM   #4578
niceguy
Swabbie

Downloads: 3

Are there other places from can I download this mod?
I only found sites with outdated links or versions.

Last edited by niceguy; 01-17-19 at 11:56 AM.
niceguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-19, 10:17 PM   #4579
propbeanie

You're getting re-direction from a SubSim dot com link? Are you certain your computer itself isn't compromised?

Have you used this link:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=3001

??

Old 01-16-19, 03:59 AM   #4580
niceguy
Swabbie

Do you know other websites where this MOD has been added?

Last edited by niceguy; 01-17-19 at 11:57 AM.
Old 01-16-19, 08:43 AM   #4581
propbeanie

Yes. s7rikeback has his repository on MediaFire, and TMOv2.5 at TriggerMaru Overhaul 2.5

Click on the "folder" icons in the area below the Dark Blue top border, and you can navigate thoughout his collection.

Old 01-17-19, 03:40 AM   #4582
niceguy
Swabbie

I am trying play this mod with 100% realism. I am surprised with compare this to vanilla. If my crew spotted enemy they will not give me bearings and time doesn't slow down even if enemy shooting at me.

Is any way to change this?
Old 01-17-19, 07:32 PM   #4583
stork100
Weps

Downloads: 92

You can change your time compression settings by doing the following:

Go to the SH4 folder in My Documents and find data/cfg/main.cfg and open with Notepad or a similar text editor. In the list of time compression settings near the top you'll see EnemyDetected=8, so change the value to 1. This same file also exists in your main SH4 installation directory with the same path. It's probably not essential but I always like to edit both. Now you'll get time compression dropping to 1 every time an enemy surface unit is spotted. Aircraft are already set to 1 by default.

As for the crew not giving a bearing straight away, yeah that's a bit frustrating, but as soon as time compression drops and you get the impression that the crew has spotted something just click on the nearest visual contact icon in the watch menu.
stork100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-19, 09:00 PM   #4584
propbeanie

Under certain circumstances, Time Compression does not drop below 8x. At that setting, you will miss quite a few voice prompts from your crew. I cannot recall the settings, but like if you are at 16x TC, trying to speed along to an intercept point, you won't always see the TC drop, especially if you have already made initial contact with a target via say the radar. Now you are within visual, and the game assumes you know and have marked the target on the NavMap. In that Main.cfg file, you'll see listings like:
SoundEffects=2
CharacterAnim=4
EnemyDetected=8
RadioReport=8
Particles=8
and some of those signify when the particular listing quits, so if you go above 2x TC, you lose some sound effects. Above 4x, you lose some character animations, above 8x and you lose particles, like the fires, etc. Others are what the game will drop to when that condition is met. It should be two separate sections of the listing, but oh well, that's SH4...

Old 01-30-19, 09:07 PM   #4585
Faamecanic
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 44
Icon14 Just getting back

Ahoy all! Just getting back into SH4 after at LEAST 5 or 6 years of being away (Last played SH5 TWOs mod 2 or so years ago).

Anything I should be aware of to run SH4 and TMO with Win10?? What other mods are you all running with TMO?

Thanks in advance
Faamecanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-19, 02:41 AM   #4586
Fifi
Navy Seal

Downloads: 452

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faamecanic View Post
Ahoy all! Just getting back into SH4 after at LEAST 5 or 6 years of being away (Last played SH5 TWOs mod 2 or so years ago).

Anything I should be aware of to run SH4 and TMO with Win10?? What other mods are you all running with TMO?

Thanks in advance
Hi Faamecanic,

Try to install fresh SH4 V1.5 (with UBM) outside program file first.
Then install LAA to give more memory to your SH4.exe (Large Adress Aware)
In your SH4.exe properties, run it as administrator, and win 7 compatibility.
That should be it for win 10...all you need is here: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...18&postcount=1

You should give a try to Ralles RealModSoup for TMO_RSRDC_OTC
Very nice TMO enhancement

Last edited by Fifi; 01-31-19 at 02:50 AM.
Fifi is online   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-19, 09:02 PM   #4587
Faamecanic
Ace of the Deep

Hey all.... first time TMO user here.

So in the instructions on the first page it says

"1.) 1_TriggerMaru_Overhaul_2-5
2.) TMO_optional mod"

What is the TMO Optional Mod and do I need it?? (and if so where do I get it)?

Thanks all!

And thanks Fifi!!
Old 02-04-19, 03:05 AM   #4588
Fifi
Navy Seal

Well, TMO optional mods are…optional!
So just for your personal taste.

You have to open this folder and pick up the optional folder you want for activation in Jsgme

Always activate optional after main TMO
Old 02-04-19, 08:15 PM   #4589
Faamecanic
Ace of the Deep

LOL....got that FiFi...I was asking what was in the optional mod so I know if I want it or not.

One more question.. My TBT and perscope move REALLY fast and its hard to get an enemy in my sights. Is there some way to slow the mouse speed down other than making specific settings for my mouse?

And boy is this old salt rusty at SH I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn right now! Even if my periscope didnt move 180 deg with just a slight wrist twitch!
Old 02-05-19, 10:23 AM   #4590
Fifi
Navy Seal

I gave up TMO quite long ago, but you should find read me text inside the mods for description…