SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-06-18, 02:10 PM   #61
Fanuboat
Torpedoman

Downloads: 51
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenonSurf View Post
Because you seem to 'know' so many things that one should not even respond you, then you also know that Win 8 is the worst Windows ever, especially for gaming. There is a tutorial in the sticky exactly for Win 8, but yes, yes, i hear you: You have done everything, and no, no, I don't believe you...

No win 8 is not the worst, the worst OS ever is 10 and lot of people will agree about that and lot of people will also agree that old game and win 10 are not so so friendly. Win 10 full of spyware and stuff from Microsoft. So you seems to know really nothing about computer to say that win 8 is bad. But its your opinion stay on your amazing win 10 and have fun. Win 10 is slow full of sh!t and unstable when win 8 ( never do the win update for sure ) is fast very stable, dont make problem with old game and modding game ) or anything else.

Because you seem to 'know' so many things that one should not even respond you

What about you so ? you try to help me its noice, but i keep getting the same question over and over, so really from now when something will be really interesting to read i will reply.

Ho and btw, we tested today WAC with an I7 with 12 go memory and a 960 nvidia card and the beautiful campaign file >>> CTD.
So again its not the pc laptop or nasa computer or whatever that are in cause here, but your so focus on bullsh!t damn.

Some more info it was out of steam it was out of c fakin program file. but still the same. Hope you'r happy to know that and hope you will stop asking the same question over and over and over and over ........................

Cheer.

Last edited by Fanuboat; 03-06-18 at 02:21 PM.
Fanuboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-18, 03:36 PM   #62
Wolfpack345
Lurking

Downloads: 238

Quote:
Originally Posted by roblaf View Post
I was having ctds with lsh3 until geek squad recommended turning off the anti-virus software during play. That solved my problem.
This is what worked for me. My anti virus software dose not like the hard coded fixes it seems like.
I don't know how to really help you out besides what other users have already suggested.
Old 03-06-18, 04:52 PM   #63
Fanuboat
Torpedoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpack345 View Post
This is what worked for me. My anti virus software dose not like the hard coded fixes it seems like.
I don't know how to really help you out besides what other users have already suggested.

Turning anti virus off have also been tested..
Old 03-06-18, 05:06 PM   #64
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

@ Fanuboat: I know how frustrating it can be when something doesn't work, especially when it's something that does work for other people. I also know how angry it can make me when I really want to use a mod and I can't, and no one seems to be able to help. I wish I could help, but I have no experience with this one at all.

I'm on your side, but I do have to point out one thing. SubSim does have strict rules about language, and about what words can be used and can not be used. Any word that requires an asterisk (*) or extra letters is not to be used at all.
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/faq...._item_language

I will ask nicely this once: Please keep your language clean, and try not to let your anger ruin everybody's day.

'Sailor Steve' Bradfield, SubSim Senior Moderator
Old 03-06-18, 05:15 PM   #65
Fanuboat
Torpedoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve View Post
@ Fanuboat: I know how frustrating it can be when something doesn't work, especially when it's something that does work for other people. I also know how angry it can make me when I really want to use a mod and I can't, and no one seems to be able to help. I wish I could help, but I have no experience with this one at all.

I'm on your side, but I do have to point out one thing. SubSim does have strict rules about language, and about what words can be used and can not be used. Any word that requires an asterisk (*) or extra letters is not to be used at all.
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/faq...._item_language

I will ask nicely this once: Please keep your language clean, and try not to let your anger ruin everybody's day.

'Sailor Steve' Bradfield, SubSim Senior Moderator

Hello yes its very frustrating but no am not the only one thats why i made this thread, trying to find a solution for this problem that some people have for wich raisons or cause ? No idea at all...
Thanks anyway.
Old 03-06-18, 07:41 PM   #66
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 4

If really you (and your friends...) want to run SH3 with WAC, a secure way is using VMware + Windows XP. I use this for not over-crowding my PC and be able to move the image. For SH3 this was not necessary in my case (and also not for SH4 and 5).
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-18, 08:03 PM   #67
Fanuboat
Torpedoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenonSurf View Post
If really you (and your friends...) want to run SH3 with WAC, a secure way is using VMware + Windows XP. I use this for not over-crowding my PC and be able to move the image. For SH3 this was not necessary in my case (and also not for SH4 and 5).
ha workstation... thanks for the solution but i wont use that.
Old 03-10-18, 02:14 PM   #68
Fanuboat
Torpedoman

The thing to keep in mind when using Commander with WAC 5.0 is that there is a specific "Commander lite" mod (https://www.mediafire.com/file/kjq8m...ander_light.7z) that needs to be enabled. However, that is not installed in the usual MODS folder like all the other mods. You need to install a second jsgme program, this one in your SH3Commander, run it to set up a MODS folder, then paste WAC5.0+Commander_light in the new MODS folder, then finally enable that with the jsgme in the SH3Commander's folder.

As i said before i followed strictly the install instruction ...................
Old 04-18-18, 05:16 PM   #69
ErichTopp_U669
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

personally i followed all this debate ... i have even tested the work of hansolo on several machines whose most rotten was a packard bell easynote tj65 core 2 duo 4g ram nvidia card 210m (1giga) hard drive 5400trmn i can te to guarantee that it took 30 minutes to start the campaign but it does it is it to work with a framrate of 17 ~ 12 images second in the port area and 72 ~ 92 on the high sea is to say !!!! Dailleur I want to congratulate Han for this fantastic work ... hours and hours available to all ... by the way I hate to see more ... I think that your becanne is not optimize dig rather by the ....: hmmm:
Old 04-18-18, 09:25 PM   #70
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard!

ErichTopp_U669!errr shouldn't that be Kurt Kohl, U-669's only commander !?? Erich Topp was on U-552

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"

Last edited by Aktungbby; 04-18-18 at 09:36 PM.
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-18, 01:40 AM   #71
ErichTopp_U669
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
ErichTopp_U669!errr shouldn't that be Kurt Kohl, U-669's only commander !?? Erich Topp was on U-552
Yes, but I'm not Erich it's just a nickname!!!:Kaleun_Salute thank you for your welcome you're right about kurt kohl ... sorry for my english but google trad ....

Last edited by ErichTopp_U669; 04-19-18 at 01:52 AM.