SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-18-10, 09:40 AM   #1
bilko
Nub

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Starting a new Campaign!?! Cant get back on sub?

Can anyone help me start my next Campaign please, i have just finished the first bit and am now in Kiel ready to start the next Campaign, i have spoke to the guy whos gives me the brief but i cant find any iron crosses to click on after he reads the orders?!? I dont want to get get on board the sub without orders so am stuck here pulling my hair out!! lol

Many thanks, Bilko
bilko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-10, 09:45 AM   #2
robbo180265
Admiral

Downloads: 122

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilko View Post
Can anyone help me start my next Campaign please, i have just finished the first bit and am now in Kiel ready to start the next Campaign, i have spoke to the guy whos gives me the brief but i cant find any iron crosses to click on after he reads the orders?!? I dont want to get get on board the sub without orders so am stuck here pulling my hair out!! lol

Many thanks, Bilko
Assuming that you don't have a version of the game. The crosses should be off the coast of Britain.

I think I'm right in saying, if you have a dodgy version of the game then the crosses wont appear - it's one of UBI's anti piracy measures.
robbo180265 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-10, 09:52 AM   #3
bilko
Nub

Downloads: 0

Not sure to be honest bud a friend from work lent me the game it seems a legit copy though? gutted i was just starting to enjoy the game!
bilko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-10, 09:58 AM   #4
robbo180265
Admiral

Downloads: 122

Quote:
Not sure to be honest bud a friend from work lent me the game it seems a legit copy though? gutted i was just starting to enjoy the game!
Are you connected to the Ubisoft launcher - I.E. does it come up and give you a countdown till the game loads?
robbo180265 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-10, 12:33 PM   #5
LIONPRIDE
Seaman

Downloads: 15

... could also be that mysterious bug I've been hearing with the first campaign. Evidently, if you start a new campaign and skip the tutorial (you'll be given the option) things should work out where you'll see the mission crosses, etc ...

LIONPRIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-10, 04:03 PM   #6
Placoderm
Soundman

Downloads: 93

Quote:
Seeing as the DRM does not have a "lending to friends" feature, and unless your "friend from work" also "lent" you his secure username and password to access the Ubisoft servers...Chances are that you are indeed trying to run an illegitmate (i.e. "pirated, "stolen", "illegal", "borked", et al) copy of the game.

If you were not aware of this and if this was indeed a simple oversight on your part due to ignorance of copyright law, then I would advise you to remove said software from your computer immediately and not ask advice from the same people on here who have to endure the inconveniences of DRM specifically because of other people who get "lent" games from "friends from work".

If, on the other hand, you routinely get "lent" games from "friends at work", and do not see anything wrong with doing so...then you are the specific cause of why I and the rest of us legitimate purchasers of this game need a freaking 24/7 online connection to play a game for which I/we have already spent my/our money on.

I tend to think that if your "friend from work" had indeed purchased his copy, he would be well aware of his inability to "lend" it to anyone...and so I can fairly confidently assume that he has no more of a legitimate version of the game than you do, and at best he got "lent' the game from someone else who likely got the game "lent" from someone else...and so on and so on.

That would make you and him and the "friend from work" that he got his from: -----> 's

I do hope I am wrong, and that your friend and anyone at work that he "lent" his game to are just monumental idiots. Chances are, though, that I am right on the money.

...And all was good.

"Making a decision to not make a decision would still involve a decision-making process and such a thing has not happened." -sorlim, UBIsoft Community Developer
Placoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-10, 12:54 AM   #7
Kptlt_Lynch
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Busted.
Old 04-19-10, 02:09 AM   #8
GoldenRivet
Subsim Aviator

Downloads: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by Placoderm View Post
Seeing as the DRM does not have a "lending to friends" feature, and unless your "friend from work" also "lent" you his secure username and password to access the Ubisoft servers...Chances are that you are indeed trying to run an illegitmate (i.e. "pirated, "stolen", "illegal", "borked", et al) copy of the game.

If you were not aware of this and if this was indeed a simple oversight on your part due to ignorance of copyright law, then I would advise you to remove said software from your computer immediately and not ask advice from the same people on here who have to endure the inconveniences of DRM specifically because of other people who get "lent" games from "friends from work".

If, on the other hand, you routinely get "lent" games from "friends at work", and do not see anything wrong with doing so...then you are the specific cause of why I and the rest of us legitimate purchasers of this game need a freaking 24/7 online connection to play a game for which I/we have already spent my/our money on.

I tend to think that if your "friend from work" had indeed purchased his copy, he would be well aware of his inability to "lend" it to anyone...and so I can fairly confidently assume that he has no more of a legitimate version of the game than you do, and at best he got "lent' the game from someone else who likely got the game "lent" from someone else...and so on and so on.

That would make you and him and the "friend from work" that he got his from: -----> 's

I do hope I am wrong, and that your friend and anyone at work that he "lent" his game to are just monumental idiots. Chances are, though, that I am right on the money.

Well done sir!

WELL DONE!