SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-28-16, 07:54 AM   #1066
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoaldLarsen View Post
Thanks for the link, Jim.

I have uninstalled 2.7, installed 3.2 and, by God, I have read every one of the SH3 Commander usage tips. And yes, v3.2 allows August 1939 career starts.

Now I am about to find out if there was a good reason I didn't update all those years ago when I last played but which I have now forgotten. Time to break out WinMerge and compare configuration files...
SINK EM ALL!!

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-16, 10:33 AM   #1067
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoaldLarsen View Post
Thanks for the link, Jim.

I have uninstalled 2.7, installed 3.2 and, by God, I have read every one of the SH3 Commander usage tips. And yes, v3.2 allows August 1939 career starts.

Now I am about to find out if there was a good reason I didn't update all those years ago when I last played but which I have now forgotten. Time to break out WinMerge and compare configuration files...
Just a comment on my own play. I'm in the habit of running multiple careers side by side. One of them started in August, and someone showed me this:
http://www.uboatarchive.net/BDUKTB.htm

I use Commander to assign myself one of the boats that historically left Wilhelmshaven on August 19th. I do a "false patrol" on the 1st, cruising around the harbor for fun, and then set up the boat the way I want it. I set 'Days In Base' to '18', which allows me to leave on the 19th. I also go the long way around, as they were ordered to, and then wait for the war to begin. After that I reset 'Days In Base' to 'Random' and let it have its way. All in fun, of course.

But that's just me.
Old 06-30-16, 02:30 PM   #1068
Kendras
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Hi,

I've just downloaded SH3 Commander (S3C). I have a few questions before using it, because i don't want to corrupt all my precious mods ! So, here they are :

1. Where is located the SH3 Commander folder ?

2. Before changing game options with S3C, should I disable first all my mods installed with JSGME ?

3. When I do a "rollback" of SH3, does it mean that I will then have to reset all the S3C parameters ? How is it with files that I have put in the SH3 Commander folder (like GWX Skin Pack which is a huge folder !!!!!) ?

4. Can I change S3C parameters when playing a career ?

Sorry if some of my questions seem a little stupid, i'm just a newbie..... so be kind with me.
Old 06-30-16, 03:26 PM   #1069
RoaldLarsen
Weps

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve View Post
and someone showed me this:
http://www.uboatarchive.net/BDUKTB.htm
Uboatarchive is a wonderful resource.

I've been using it as a primary source for researching typical crew composition (differs from stock, RUB, or SH3 commander "realistic" crews, all of which, for instance, have too many torpedo personnel), historical patrol grid assignments, and some equipment details.

I'm going to have to go through all those standing orders, someday soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve View Post
Just a comment on my own play. I'm in the habit of running multiple careers side by side. One of them started in August, ...

I use Commander to assign myself one of the boats that historically left Wilhelmshaven on August 19th. I do a "false patrol" on the 1st, cruising around the harbor for fun, and then set up the boat the way I want it. I set 'Days In Base' to '18', which allows me to leave on the 19th. I also go the long way around, as they were ordered to, and then wait for the war to begin. After that I reset 'Days In Base' to 'Random' and let it have its way. All in fun, of course.

But that's just me.
I take a similar approach. Usually one career active at a time per active in-game flotilla. We need that short cruise at the beginning of a career to be able to change boat equipment afterwards (so renown isn't lost on the first patrol) and to get promoted to ObLt.z.S. I also set Days in Base to a fixed amount when I want to force a departure date.
Covered 1939-1945; now restarting in 1939 again.
Completed 39 careers, 210 war patrols, 4.7Mt sunk, 19 subs lost
RoaldLarsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-16, 04:38 PM   #1070
Kendras
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendras View Post
Hi,

I've just downloaded SH3 Commander (S3C). I have a few questions before using it, because i don't want to corrupt all my precious mods ! So, here they are :

2. Before changing game options with S3C, should I disable first all my mods installed with JSGME ?

3. When I do a "rollback" of SH3, does it mean that I will then have to reset all the S3C parameters ? How is it with files that I have put in the SH3 Commander folder (like GWX Skin Pack which is a huge folder !!!!!) ?

Sorry if some of my questions seem a little stupid, i'm just a newbie..... so be kind with me.
BUMP
Old 07-01-16, 03:23 AM   #1071
RoaldLarsen
Weps

Answers inline:
Quote:
Hi,

It is whereever you downloaded it or installed it to.

Not necessary.

3. When I do a "rollback" of SH3, does it mean that I will then have to reset all the S3C parameters ?

No, SH3 Commander will re-add them when you next start a game with it.

How is it with files that I have put in the SH3 Commander folder (like GWX Skin Pack which is a huge folder !!!!!) ?

I don't understand the question.

Yes but avoid doing so when your boat is at sea, unless the help file says you can.

Old 07-01-16, 06:18 AM   #1072
Kendras
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Heyyy ! Thank you very much for answer !

About the GWX Skin Pack, i mean : when you rollback SH3, is this S3C mod uninstalled ? Because if yes, it will take much time, as this is a huge mod ! ... And i would like to rollback everytime i close SH3 ........ you see the problem ?

I have another question :in SH3 option.cfg, you can choose the CRUSH DEPTH. What does mean upper and lower ? For example, if the crush depth is 175 m, then how is it randomized ? Current settings are : Upper=1, Lower=0.9. I don't understand.....

And a last one : do i need to launch SH3 everytime with SH3Commander (i mean if i don't rollback everytime) ?

Excuse me for my questions..... i want just understand well how all this works !

Last edited by Kendras; 07-01-16 at 11:06 AM.
Old 07-01-16, 11:29 AM   #1073
RoaldLarsen
Weps

Answers inline.

Quote:
Heyyy ! Thank you very much for answer !

About the GWX Skin Pack, i mean : when you rollback SH3, is this S3C mod uninstalled ?

It depends on how the mod was installed. I don't have the mod, so I can't be sure. If you installed the mod with JSGME or by copying the files into the SH3 data folder tree, then it will not be uninstalled every time you roll back SH3 Commander.

Because if yes, it will take much time, as this is a huge mod ! ... And i would like to rollback everytime i close SH3 ........ you see the problem ?

problem understood

I have another question :in SH3 option.cfg, you can choose the CRUSH DEPTH. What does mean upper and lower ? For example, if the crush depth is 175 m, then how is it randomized ? Current settings are : Upper=1, Lower=0.9. I don't understand.....

I think it means that the maximum possible random value will be 1 times 175m, and the minimum will be 0.9 times 175m (157.5m). SH3 commander will randomly pick a crush depth between those two. You won't know the precise crush depth unless you get crushed, and that is the point - sub commanders didn't know at exactly what depth their hull would fail.

And a last one : do i need to launch SH3 everytime with SH3Commander (i mean if i don't rollback everytime) ?

You don't need to launch every time with SH3 Commander. If you have not rolled back, then when you launch without SH3 Commander, all the changes made by SH3 Commander the last time you launched with it will still be in effect. However, you will miss out on any date-based changes that SH3 Commander would apply to your different starting date.

Excuse me for my questions..... i want just understand well how all this works !

It is by asking question, and by answering them, that we learn. This is a helpful community. Give back to it what you can, when you can.
Old 07-17-16, 08:41 PM   #1074
canadianvalkyrie
Nub

Downloads: 2

Hey, I am looking to download SH3 Commander, but the links given give me errors. Is there any other place to download it, or does someone have a different download link (such as mediafire, etc.)?
canadianvalkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-16, 09:00 PM   #1075
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

How about SubSim Downloads?
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=4789
Old 07-17-16, 09:16 PM   #1076
canadianvalkyrie
Nub

Downloads: 2

Thanks mate, couldn't find it for some reason!
canadianvalkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-16, 09:25 PM   #1077
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Not a problem. Sometimes I can't find my own head!
Old 08-09-16, 04:37 AM   #1078
andwii
Frogman

Downloads: 76

I'm getting this error when trying to look at my personnel file for my career.

*Shrugs*

Any idea what went wrong?
andwii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-16, 05:54 AM   #1079
rowi58
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 56

First of all press the "Roll Back Buttom" in SH3_Commander. And tart the career information again.

Greetings
rowi58
Old 09-08-16, 07:23 AM   #1080
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by cr2016sh View Post
Hola amigos tengo SH-3 + GWX y ayer le instale SH3 Comandante. Parece que esta bien pero cuando inicio SH me sigen apareciendo las mismas paginas de carga y los menus de GWX. Eso es normal. En la configuracion de comandante he visto en general settings la opccion skip intro movies que no he activado pero todo sigue igual. Estoy muy preocupado. Estos son los enlaces que he descargado y instalado. http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...=file&id=4789o
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=1873
Por favor a ver si alguien puede ayudarme. Gracias
Translation:
Quote:
Hello friends I have SH-3 + GWX and yesterday you install SH3 Commander. It looks great but when I start SH load the same pages and menus appear GWX sigen. That is normal. In settings I have seen commander general settings the call option skip intro movies I have not activated but everything remains the same. I'm very worried. These are the links that I downloaded and installed. http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...=file&id=4789o
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=1873
Please see if someone can help me. Thank you
Could you try asking in English to enable more members to understand and hopefully respond positively to you matey.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sh3 commander