SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5 > Silent Hunter Online
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-05-13, 11:02 PM   #31
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

I'm pretty sure it's not for me, but Subsim has more than 80,000 members. I would not presume to tell them what is "for them" or not.
Old 03-05-13, 11:52 PM   #32
fastfed
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 244
Uploads: 0

True, but I'm willing to bet that majority of those 80k members (Active?) more than likely won't give this facebook the time of day..

Although, who knows, maybe at work when the boss isn't looking, we will ALL be getting our fix in, with this
fastfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-13, 09:17 AM   #33
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

Thanks for the gameplay video

Looks like we are back at Silent Hunter 2, reminds me a lot of it and Danger from Deep
Old 03-06-13, 07:18 PM   #34
John Channing
Sea Lord

Downloads: 156
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfed View Post
True, but I'm willing to bet that majority of those 80k members (Active?) more than likely won't give this facebook the time of day..

Although, who knows, maybe at work when the boss isn't looking, we will ALL be getting our fix in, with this

I dunno... I'm kinda looking forward to it. And I will put my Hardcore credentials up against anyone here.

JCC
John Channing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-13, 11:42 PM   #35
Arnold
Gunner

Downloads: 22

"Captain, our periscope seems to be stuck on the floor plates."
"Well Bernard, we won't be able to lift it up with that crowbar in your hand, we'll have to re-start the on-line game."
Old 03-09-13, 09:23 AM   #36
Peril
Nub

Downloads: 52

Nice vid. I might give it a go ,but after finally getting SH5 to work well with all Sobers and everyone elses fantastic mods, why? Im having a ball!
Peril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-13, 07:17 AM   #37
GalaxianFive
A-ganger

Downloads: 183
Uploads: 2

This is game is obviously designed to run on as many browsers and various spec machines as possible so that as many people can play it as possible, to try to make as much money from it as possible. Therefore it has to have as much action as possible because a lot of gamers, especially young ones get bored with all the really true to life functions of an accurate simulation. Obviously this will be extremly simple to play for most people on this forum who are used to the complexity of SH 3, 4, or 5. But we should give it a chance as some of the many gamers who have never played a subsim before might, just might, evolve from playing this and join us here in playing the more involved sims in the SH world. My thanks to the maker of the vid, it is interesting to see why beta testing is so neccesary as even this vid shows some of the bugs that need sorting before this game goes live. G5.
GalaxianFive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-13, 10:35 PM   #38
LtCdrAceMcGraw
Swabbie

Downloads: 3

Silent Hunter Online, based on kaleun Cook's video, is not for me. But I can see the good in it - it can only generate interest for the genre and get people who perhaps had never considered games like Silent Hunter to give it a try and see what it's all about.

Thanks for taking the time to show this to us Kaleun Cook!
Old 03-22-13, 03:17 PM   #39
Rosencrantz
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 78

Thanks for video. It confirmed that after SH5 and SHO there is propably only one direction left... Up.

-RC-
Rosencrantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-13, 08:48 AM   #40
ninja turtle
Frogman

Downloads: 249

Quote:
Originally Posted by LtCdrAceMcGraw View Post
Silent Hunter Online, based on kaleun Cook's video, is not for me. But I can see the good in it - it can only generate interest for the genre and get people who perhaps had never considered games like Silent Hunter to give it a try and see what it's all about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalaxianFive View Post
This is game is obviously designed to run on as many browsers and various spec machines as possible so that as many people can play it as possible, to try to make as much money from it as possible. Therefore it has to have as much action as possible because a lot of gamers, especially young ones get bored with all the really true to life functions of an accurate simulation. Obviously this will be extremly simple to play for most people on this forum who are used to the complexity of SH 3, 4, or 5. But we should give it a chance as some of the many gamers who have never played a subsim before might, just might, evolve from playing this and join us here in playing the more involved sims in the SH world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock30Eric View Post
I think SHO is a great idea for those beginners before they jump into a hardcore silent hunter series.

Basically, SHO is a waterdown of SH5. It could be a double blade sword for some of us.

I believe we can call for SH6 someday in the future.
Once this is released I'm pretty sure I will give it a go. If I don't like it then fair enough. I agree with the above quotes that a game like this could entice more youngsters into the genre we all love. That can't be a bad thing.

ninja turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-13, 12:48 PM   #41
Captain_AJ
Crusty

Downloads: 324
SH Arcade

It Appears that SH has become a arcade game were you are just being a mindless kaptain .. it just makes all the modders that have worked so hard to get the experance of full emersion a farce .. I have been a fan ever since sh3 and now using Sh5 modded , whats more difficult than to figure out soulutions of torpedo firng angles and than plotting courses in the virtual atlantic ? To bad that SH has become like this . I am now playing CLiffs of dover and have not been sailing . However I have spent countless hours playing Sh5 Modded , and have gotten so used to war time radio . and the diffculties of being a kaptain .. I suppose that SH is now dead for with this new title ?

http://short.gs/19856

Captain_AJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-13, 06:51 AM   #42
longam
Admiral

Downloads: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimuraijn View Post
It Appears that SH has become a arcade game were you are just being a mindless kaptain .. it just makes all the modders that have worked so hard to get the experance of full emersion a farce .. I have been a fan ever since sh3 and now using Sh5 modded , whats more difficult than to figure out soulutions of torpedo firng angles and than plotting courses in the virtual atlantic ? To bad that SH has become like this . I am now playing CLiffs of dover and have not been sailing . However I have spent countless hours playing Sh5 Modded , and have gotten so used to war time radio . and the diffculties of being a kaptain .. I suppose that SH is now dead for with this new title ?

http://short.gs/19856
Maybe they'll convert this over to a mobile app and get on with SH6, then again.

WoT format, here we go.... kill . die, spawn, rinse and repeat.
longam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-13, 07:24 PM   #43
Cougar46
Swabbie

Downloads: 170

Thanks for the video, was looking for exactly one of these of the beta.
Cougar46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-13, 10:54 PM   #44
whyme943
Swabbie

Downloads: 3
Default Beta vs. Alpha

Technically speaking, Alpha is the point at which new features are being added, whereas Beta is when you're just fixing bugs/balancing. So a beta's working gameplay is actually a very good indicator of the final product.
Old 04-27-13, 08:20 AM   #45
bilges
Nub

Downloads: 66

Thanks for recording and uploading the vid KC. Very informative.

I wouldn't be surprised if you just increased the sales of SH lll and lV on DVD, by many tens of thousands.
bilges is offline   Reply With Quote