SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > DW Mod Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-16-10, 04:08 PM   #826
Delareon
Planesman

Downloads: 77
Uploads: 0

is there a way to get that Mod running on a german version of DW?
Delareon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-10, 04:19 PM   #827
-GrayOwl-
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

[
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delareon View Post
is there a way to get that Mod running on a german version of DW?
Only For English Version - this it is.

Other version - not suppored.
Old 01-18-10, 03:13 AM   #828
Delareon
Planesman

Yes i know its not supportet but it runs, simply change the naming of the DataBase files according to your language. In my case it was a change from *.eod to *.god for example.

Everything works fine so far with 2 exceptions, the Typhoon and the Type 212 didnt work (the German Version only the 212A from the Italians works). Typhon misses some DB entry in german as the Errormessage said.
Old 01-18-10, 04:14 AM   #829
-GrayOwl-
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delareon View Post
Yes i know its not supportet but it runs, simply change the naming of the DataBase files according to your language. In my case it was a change from *.eod to *.god for example.

Everything works fine so far with 2 exceptions, the Typhoon and the Type 212 didnt work (the German Version only the 212A from the Italians works). Typhon misses some DB entry in german as the Errormessage said.
Text DLL's were specially edited.
You receive then English text instead of German.
Old 01-18-10, 04:17 AM   #830
Delareon
Planesman

Thats no problem, i didnt care if the text is in german or english i just dont want to buy that game again in a english version.

Is there a way to edit that Text.dlls myself? Maybe i can fix that Typhoon Problem then.
Old 01-18-10, 10:17 AM   #831
LoBlo
Subsim Diehard

Downloads: 78
Uploads: 3

Here's some more request.

1. Seeing that the Red October is a hypothetical platform, can we upgrade it to carry the UGST as well as a towed array?

2. Can the RA team create a drivable Littoral Combat Ship USS Freedom? It could create a model. Replace the OHP gun with a rapid fire 57mm gun. Change the Phalanx to a ESSM Launcher, and change the Missile launcher to a NETFIRES PAM. Alternatively one could use the Missile launcher as the ESSM and exclude the netfires. The ship speed could be set to 47 knots top speed.

3. Will the teem release an updated DWEdit that we could use to view the platform specifications such as sound levels, sensor sensitivities, etc.

4. Some of the platform descriptions are a little short. How about adding a little more history and dept to the database descriptions.

5. Thanks for the hard work guys. Definately the number one favorite game on my PC again!
Old 01-20-10, 01:38 AM   #832
-GrayOwl-
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoBlo View Post
Here's some more request.

1. Seeing that the Red October is a hypothetical platform, can we upgrade it to carry the UGST as well as a towed array?

2. Can the RA team create a drivable Littoral Combat Ship USS Freedom? It could create a model. Replace the OHP gun with a rapid fire 57mm gun. Change the Phalanx to a ESSM Launcher, and change the Missile launcher to a NETFIRES PAM. Alternatively one could use the Missile launcher as the ESSM and exclude the netfires. The ship speed could be set to 47 knots top speed.

3. Will the teem release an updated DWEdit that we could use to view the platform specifications such as sound levels, sensor sensitivities, etc.

4. Some of the platform descriptions are a little short. How about adding a little more history and dept to the database descriptions.

5. Thanks for the hard work guys. Definately the number one favorite game on my PC again!
If Red October had TA - what for then to do turn away “Crazy Ivan”?
With UGST - the same moment. 1977-78 year ( On Conn table Janes Book 77-78 year ) .

That that you will see in a Database can surprise you.
However - the installation of real parameters, will not be simple to work!
Put to the helicopter of weight of 4 tons and he will fall in water.
Or ballistic missile - real weight of 80 tons – and missile never fly. It is simple a phenomenon from SCS.
Old 01-20-10, 03:12 AM   #833
Castout
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 6

Is there a chance for obsolete diesel electric submarine to be playable say like the Foxtrot or the Ming class.

Love to play some Cuban missile crisis scenario in the foxtrot ...

Just an idea
Old 01-21-10, 03:23 PM   #834
LoBlo
Subsim Diehard

Quote:
Originally Posted by -GrayOwl- View Post
If Red October had TA - what for then to do turn away “Crazy Ivan”?
With UGST - the same moment. 1977-78 year ( On Conn table Janes Book 77-78 year ) .
Is the Red October a 1970's platform? I was assuming it was a modern day hypothetical upgrade of the original Typhoon. A Typhoon II if you will... oh well, so far for a supersub of awesomeness.

Quote:
That that you will see in a Database can surprise you.
However - the installation of real parameters, will not be simple to work!
Put to the helicopter of weight of 4 tons and he will fall in water.
Or ballistic missile - real weight of 80 tons – and missile never fly. It is simple a phenomenon from SCS.
I was thinking more on the lines of understanding the speed versus sound level profiles as well as the assigned sensor sensitivities more than the physical specifications.
Old 01-21-10, 03:41 PM   #835
goldorak
Admiral

Downloads: 0

@ LoBlo : in the film the Red October carries no towed array.
The only thing the RA modders should add is a silent propulsion system.
I don't know how they could do that, maybe limit the top speed to 10-15 knots and set a S/N ratio of 0-1 ? Use the unused towed array switch in the navigation station to switch betwwen normal propulsion and silent propulsion ?
Anyway, the Red October with a towed array would be a heresy.
Its not as if you didn't have the choice with the other 2 typhoons available in RA so don't worry. You can always choose a typhoon with a towed array just not the Red October.
goldorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-10, 11:52 PM   #836
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3214

Some news about the date of the 1.1 mod?

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-10, 10:08 AM   #837
LoBlo
Subsim Diehard

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldorak View Post
How do you know that the Red October in THFRO didn't have a towed array? Maybe it was just never deployed as Soviet Naval Doctrine was to conserve extending TA until on a search mission as to cut back on equipment wear/tear/maintence.... hm...... Any platform sophisticated enough to have a waterfall would probably be sophisticated enough to have a TA.

Quote:
The only thing the RA modders should add is a silent propulsion system. I don't know how they could do that, maybe limit the top speed to 10-15 knots and set a S/N ratio of 0-1 ? Use the unused towed array switch in the navigation station to switch betwwen normal propulsion and silent propulsion ?
I don't think the engine thrust/speed vs sound level artictexture is malleable enough for a two part propulsion system. Perhaps one could manipulate the snorkel function to serve as a 'silent drive off' button (and allowing higher speeds), but that would be tricky... otherwise it would be nice, and perhaps would be useful is modeling "silent speed" in some of the other platforms (speed below which the coolant pumps are off).

Questions for the RA team:
1. Is there a maximum dept for which MAD sensors won't detect a submarine. In the gameplay currently it doesn't appear to be one.

2. I'm curious of why the RA team modeled TLAM the way they did (with on/off radar searches). All the open source info I'm seen bascially has TLAMS working with GPS/inertialnavigation/surface mapping, not active radar searching. Can the group point to the sources of info?
Old 01-23-10, 11:44 AM   #838
goldorak
Admiral

Downloads: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoBlo View Post
How do you know that the Red October in THFRO didn't have a towed array? Maybe it was just never deployed as Soviet Naval Doctrine was to conserve extending TA until on a search mission as to cut back on equipment wear/tear/maintence.... hm...... Any platform sophisticated enough to have a waterfall would probably be sophisticated enough to have a TA.
Well since in the film the Red October DOESN'T have a towed array, and the film is based on the book of the same title in which the Red October still DOESN'T have the towed array. I'd say its pretty clear that in the fictional universe in which the Red October lives it DOESN'T have the towed array.
If you're still not convinced ask Tom Clancy directly why the hell he didn't give the Red October a towed array.
goldorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-10, 07:51 PM   #839
cj95
Lieutenant

Downloads: 141

How about we let them focus on REAL WORLD subs and quit worrying about make believe ones?

>> USS TEXAS BB-35 Restoration CrewMember <<
cj95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-10, 03:34 AM   #840
-GrayOwl-
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldorak View Post
The only thing the RA modders should add is a silent propulsion system.
I don't know how they could do that, maybe limit the top speed to 10-15 knots and set a S/N ratio of 0-1 ? Use the unused towed array switch in the navigation station to switch betwwen normal propulsion and silent propulsion ?
Anyway, the Red October with a towed array would be a heresy.
Its not as if you didn't have the choice with the other 2 typhoons available in RA so don't worry. You can always choose a typhoon with a towed array just not the Red October.
Well. Red October now has two modes - movement on props and on hydrodynamical system.
However - the cinema (Hunt For the Red October) shows that silent run, was on speed 26 Kts.
After failure of system of movement, were switched on props, and Red October was CounterDetected, from the plane.
Which threw a torpedo. (before approach Neptun a mountains massive).

We are going to make a silent mode on the increased depths (for example below than 150-200 meters).
On depths above designated, Red October will run on system props.

Tags
reinforce alert