SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics > PC Hardware/Software forum
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-31-18, 04:15 PM   #1
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Default Windows 10 build 1709 "ready for business" L.O.L. !

https://www.computerworld.com/articl...b-4058258.html

Quote:
Today is the 15th day this month that we’ve seen Windows patches, yanked patches, patches of patches and re-re-re-patches. Welcome to the third cumulative update for Win10 Fall Creators Update this month.

Microsoft told us LINK-three weeks ago-LINK that Win10 Fall Creators Update, version 1709, was ready for enterprise deployment. Since then, we’ve seen the early January patch yanked because it tanked AMD machines. Then, after the first patch was reinstated, we got two more cumulative updates. In the past three weeks.
I guess that’s what Microsoft now means by “Current Branch for Business” and/or “Semi-Annual Channel.”
ROTFL.

Windows 10 was meant to be the one Windows ending all other Windows by being the one Windows for all devices. Instead, of no other Windows verison since 1995 ther ehave been so many different variants and builds in circulation and in parallel developonment, like of Windows 10.

Since two and a half months now I do not just observe and read about Windows 10 any longer, but must use it myself on my new game machine. After this short time I can share just one observation that explains why I think it is the biggest heap of stinking worthless garbage made of zeroes and ones I have ever seen: in these 2.5 months I have had more blue screens and incidents of running software freezing the system suddenly, than in the many years of Windows 7 and Windows XP together.

In German we have a simple word for what Windows 10 is. Its made of two words that are combined for one new one, a speciality of the German language. The first word means excrement, and the other translates into "dirt". German-tongued people know which word I mean.

If I were running a small private business, not even with a pistol held at my sleeves I would accept to run Microsoft software on my business machines.
Old 01-31-18, 05:31 PM   #2
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184

There's bound to be teething problems old boy, win7 for the win, the best operating system of them all.
Old 01-31-18, 05:58 PM   #3
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlight View Post
There's bound to be teething problems old boy
Teething problems? Over two and a half years after W10 saw the light of day? With W8 already giving an outlook at the dramas coming?

Quote:
win7 for the win, the best operating system of them all.
At least amongst all Windows versions, yes, I agree. Unfortunately on new hardware no longer a realistic and practicable option.

I considered to install a new full setup for FSX, plus all my addons for that. Doing that is quite a task, costs a lot of time. But I do not do it, I have not sufficient trust in the stability of W10.
Old 02-01-18, 07:04 AM   #4
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184

You have to treat win10 like a little infant in the overall scheme of things old boy, lets take win XP as an example, it was a 16 year old teenager when EOL came to pass and yet, they were still trying to fix all of its problems up to then.

If they removed all of the phoning home garbage from win10 it has the potential to reign alongside the mightiest of all operating systems which in my opinion was and is win7.
Old 02-01-18, 07:20 AM   #5
Skybird
Soaring

I dont think so, it has too many tehcncial issues, and even too many of their oatches have tehcnical issues and add new ones. You would need to change the whole policy behind it, and signficantly strip it of functionalities that it is several hundred percent overloaded with and that most people never use. You would need to win back the technical competence the MS patching department once had - and which they chased away, drove out, made to quit in huge numbers. Over one year ago I read that there according teams are not even half the size anykore of what they were two yearsd earlier - and this with even bigger tech issues, bigger in numbers and severity. All to please the investors, of course, to make the company financially fit. Severalof their best experienced people - key staff - are no more there.

Actually, Microsoft would need to understand that Windows primarily must be turned into an operation system again - not a profiling, measuring, scanning, surveilling, selling, advertising, technically inapt malware tool.

Seen this way, Linux is hopelessly superior and far, far more ergonomical in content. You would need to add maybe 25% of compatability and functionality to make Linux an ideal OS for the private household user - whereas you would need to cut away maybe 75% of the overboarding content of Windows 10 to make it that.

And even then the fact remains that Microsoft falls under US legislation and I take it for granted that it is used as a tool for US foreign policy: priming foreign IT infrastructures with backdoors and making them prone for US intel activites and business spionage.

We should do like China and forbid companies, public services and ministries to use Windows 10 unaltered. We should also abandon American servers. China allows only a Chinese-surveilled altered and modified version of W10 for which Microsoft even had to accept to open their long kept secret of the internal core code to be surveilled by Chinese experts - and heavily altering it. Only this altered version then can be sold any longer in China. Clever move. It gags own consumers, and protects the IT networks from spionage via Windows backdoors. Of course the US focusses media attention on the first, and hides the latter.

Last edited by Skybird; 02-01-18 at 08:51 AM.
Skybird is online   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-18, 12:42 PM   #6
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Brilliant phrase of the day! "Actually, Microsoft would need to understand that Windows primarily must be turned into an operation system again - not a profiling, measuring, scanning, surveilling, selling, advertising, technically inapt malware tool."
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote