SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > DW Mod Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-27-18, 04:57 PM   #1606
tAKticool47
Bosun

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0
Default Sorry buddy

Sorry buddy, I was drinking when I made that last edit. Sorry about that.

Another quick question. I was watching RT's recent documentary on the Delta-IV class SSBNs and how they're the "workhorse of Russia's nuclear triad" -- it mentions the USSR submarine "Vladimir Monomakh" and "Alexander Neveskiy" -- I can't understand the Russian word he uses to describe the class, but it sure doesn't sound like "Borei" -- it sounds like he's saying "Tsar" or "Tzar" -class submarine. I have never heard that before. Is that what they're referred to in Russia?

Just curious, I try to learn something every day lol. Thanks much brother.
tAKticool47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-18, 09:34 AM   #1607
p7p8
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 136
Uploads: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tAKticool47 View Post
No problem
Quote:
I was watching RT's recent documentary (...)
Best way is to watch it again.
Have you link for this "document" (RT is propaganda tube - but they have very good pictures and montage)
Old 10-29-18, 11:54 AM   #1608
FPSchazly
Good Hunting!

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 1

Quote:

Another quick question. I was watching RT's recent documentary on the Delta-IV class SSBNs and how they're the "workhorse of Russia's nuclear triad" -- it mentions the USSR submarine "Vladimir Monomakh" and "Alexander Neveskiy" -- I can't understand the Russian word he uses to describe the class, but it sure doesn't sound like "Borei" -- it sounds like he's saying "Tsar" or "Tzar" -class submarine. I have never heard that before. Is that what they're referred to in Russia?

Just curious, I try to learn something every day lol. Thanks much brother.
Do you have a timestamp for the part of the video in question?

Borei is the Russian name for the sub. The NATO reporting name is Dolgorukiy.

My videos:
**Exclusive Look at Modern Naval Warfare!**
Dangerous Waters Liu Doctrine (LwAmi
Learn to play Dangerous Waters
FPSchazly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-18, 04:18 PM   #1609
tAKticool47
Bosun

Default OK Got it

That is the RT Documentary video about the Delta-IV class submarine. It's a worthwhile watch, very interesting. ANYWAY, put the time @ 2:30 and listen. Right before 2:30 it's describing how this is a famous , secretive naval base with restricted access. Then it says, "This is where the [Tsar?]-class submarine ABC123 is based, along with it's twin DEF456" etc.

Anyway, it sounds a lot like TSAR or TZAR to me, but I don't speak a word of Russian. It certainly doesn't sound like anything approximating "Borei" or "Boreas". And yep FPSChaz I am familiar with NATO reporting names, I just figured for a Russian speaker and local subject-matter-expert like p7p8, the actual Russian word or local class-word would be the important part.

Now also if anyone is interested- this is also an RT Documentary video on the second Yasen-class submarine, the "Kazan", and it's a fascinating look at not just the boat but it's design, construction focus & metallurgy, & emphasis on cruise missiles and "electronic sensors" etc.

Ok thanks to all, nice to have a conversation about this actually lol
Old 10-29-18, 05:58 PM   #1610
p7p8
Seasoned Skipper

For me its "Tsar" - strange because Nevsky wasn't Tsar - he was a prince.

RT is directed to english speaking people - Tsar probably was used as non-official name (for civilians) for this class - not used by Russians or NATO

BTW I don't speak in russian language. I had lessons in primary school but it was long time ago (before Berlin wall colapsed). Now i remember only few single words.
Old 10-30-18, 01:59 PM   #1611
tAKticool47
Bosun

Fair enough thank you again for your time brother.

I thought you were Russian. I'll be honest, I'm not a big Russian fan... I watch RT Documentaries strictly for the military stuff (A movie once told me "It is wise to study the ways of ones adversary" lol). but my Mom was born in Poland, not the biggest fans of Russia.

I also thought the person said "Tsar". I know RT is a propaganda machine but it's fun to watch and gain perspective etc. A great example is the Delta-IV documentary -- the Captain of the Delta-IV SSBN says how he was in command since 2013. This is comparable to what I have heard about Russian SSBN captains -- they get assigned a boat to command for 5 years (I am not sure if SSNs are the same.) In the US it's not nearly like that. There is a program called "Fleeting Up" where you get assigned to a ship/boat as an XO on a 3 year assignment... you spend 1.5 years as the XO, then you "Fleet Up" to the CO for another 1.5 years, then you'll probably get a shore assignment. But the Russian SSBN COs get assigned their commands and are the Captain of their boats for 5 years.

And another interesting thing from the that Delta-IV doc, the Captain says how that water usage is not restricted ("not at all!") but showers are only taken weekly. That to me is fascinating. ON US Subs, water is conserved at all times but you can shower every day, it's encouraged. That is the type of info I like to watch RT for, great bits of random info.
Old 11-01-18, 04:33 PM   #1612
p7p8
Seasoned Skipper

Reinforce Alert 1.46 is out!

1 - Controllable Ships: ESM sensors fix (Auto Classification now only on Bergamini).
2 - Controllable Ships: CIWS and GUNS effectivenes has been reworked.
3 - AI Sub: HF Active sonar detectability reduced.
4 - Some Doctrine has been fix (SubAssignedTrack).
5 - SAM And SSM Land Based Sites: Now used Fire Control radar when engage target, instead search radar.
6 - ESM User Stations: Mark land-based object with assign class at Nav.map (If Autoclassification possibolity)
7 - Default Campaigns from SubCommand for DW Has been Reworked. Now with briefing sliders.
8 - TU-142F "Bear" User: TACCO and WeaponLoadOut Station display graphics reworked.*
9 - IL-38 "May" User: WeaponLoadOut Station display graphics reworked.*
10 - Bergamini User: Guns range has been reduced.
11 - Kotlin DD, Kildin DD, Krupnyy DDG, Kanin DDG - 3D model replaced.
12 - Driveable Aircraft: ESM sensor has been fix.*
13 - AI SH-60: Mk 54 Torpedo fix.
14 - Playable Sauro SS class added.
15 - Armor Some LWT torpedoes has been increased for game purposes.
16 - ASM Missile for MH-60 Helo User Ctrl & KA-27 User Ctrl has been fix.
17 - Some SAM missiles has been fixed*.
18 - User Udaloy & Bergamini: bug with helo camera view fix.*
19 - Fix: Detonate one mine in minefield, now not iniciated detonate other mines.
20 - Controllable Ships: fix bug, when guns FC Radar not turn off from missile control substation (Default allowed only from Gun Substation option OFF ).
Fix CWI (Locked) option. Now second missile unavailable for launch, before CWI activated.
Old 11-01-18, 11:09 PM   #1613
Overkill
Frogman

Downloads: 128

Awesome! Thank you.
Old 11-06-18, 11:55 AM   #1614
MANoWAR.U52
Loader

Downloads: 97

I´ve played the first mission of the Ohio class campaign. On arrival at the patrol area the mission did not proceed and it looks like my mission bugged out.

MANoWAR.U52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-18, 06:28 PM   #1615
p7p8
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANoWAR.U52 View Post
I´ve played the first mission of the Ohio class campaign. On arrival at the patrol area the mission did not proceed and it looks like my mission bugged out.
Check new fix for RA 1.46

http://ra-dwx.narod.ru/todo.htm

It improves first mission fron Ohio campaign and Kilo HF bug
Old 11-07-18, 06:38 PM   #1616
Lusik
Nub

Downloads: 57

The error is still there and it's in the radio message, which gives wrong LAT LONG coordinates. The patrol area is marked with a star and it's to the NE of the arrival point. The radio message points to SE coordinates. At least this was the case when I played the mission.
Lusik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-18, 03:23 AM   #1617
MANoWAR.U52
Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by p7p8 View Post
Check new fix for RA 1.46

http://ra-dwx.narod.ru/todo.htm

It improves first mission fron Ohio campaign and Kilo HF bug

Thank you! In the meantime I´ve started the Akula-II SC Campaign that got overhauled for RA in 2018 and having a blast. Thanks to the RA devs for their work!

I´ve noticed that with the Akula I have the same minor issue like I had with some other subs a year ago in RA. Sometimes setting them to Periscope Depth isn´t enough to receive messages or ESM with the antennas and you have to ascend another meter. Don´t know if bug or game engine limitation/sea state dependant, just wanted to let you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusik View Post
The error is still there and it's in the radio message, which gives wrong LAT LONG coordinates. The patrol area is marked with a star and it's to the NE of the arrival point. The radio message points to SE coordinates. At least this was the case when I played the mission.
Yes I´ve noticed this small red asterix on the map. Does that mean when I sail to this symbol the mission should proceed?

Also is there an convenient way to unlock campaign missions without deconstructing the campaign in the editor? I´ve heard that certain modifications to the debrief.txt can achieve this.

Thanks in advance.
Old 11-08-18, 06:03 AM   #1618
p7p8
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:
I´ve noticed that with the Akula I have the same minor issue like I had with some other subs a year ago in RA. Sometimes setting them to Periscope Depth isn´t enough to receive messages or ESM with the antennas and you have to ascend another meter. Don´t know if bug or game engine limitation/sea state dependant, just wanted to let you know.
It's not a bug. RA mod uses different masts heights (like in real) for periscopes, radars, ESM etc.
You should check it in:
USNI REFERENCE -> OWNSHIP INFORMATION -> (your submarine)

Btw I've played first mission of Ohio campaign (soon on my YT channel) and all worked fine.

There are 2 random variants of partol areas. One on NE and second on SE direction. In my game patrol area was on NE from start position and message with coordinates and red asterisk were correct.
Old 11-08-18, 07:11 AM   #1619
MANoWAR.U52
Loader

I see good to know. Also good to see that people still do content for this awesome game.

Last edited by MANoWAR.U52; 11-21-18 at 04:35 PM.
Old 11-08-18, 07:20 AM   #1620
p7p8
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:
Is your youtube channel by accident "wertumnus"?
yup

Quote:
Do you have an idea regarding my last question in my latest post?
I haven't a clue how to do this. I can send you my Ohio Campaign progress but i don't identify enemy sub (only detect).

BTW in my US SC campaign i stuck in mission 8 and i cannot comply scenario until someone fix this bug (SAG doesn't go to finish line)

Tags
reinforce alert