SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-23-17, 02:42 PM   #1
makman94
Hellas

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 7

Default RADAR FIX

hello subsimers,

i managed to make the radar very useable for sh3 but still a major problem remains.
As you can see from the pics, you can now get very very accurate readings for bearing and range (also,i made the radar to show always-without these seconds of losing-the readings once you have point it to target).

The problem that remains is that radar ,although is peaking the target,is not informing the player when the officer is ordered to make a sweep.In other words, the radar is useable only manually so i am wondering if there is anyone who can make the radar informing the player when a target is in its range ( i am suspecting that it is a hardcore problem so i am hoping members like Stiebler,Fader_Berg, Tycho or anyone who can dig into the executables to be able to find something for making it useable when player is not at radar station)

Mediafire page:http://www.mediafire.com/folder/da50.../Makman94_Mods
makman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-17, 10:08 AM   #2
Tycho
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 264
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by makman94 View Post
The problem that remains is that radar ,although is peaking the target,is not informing the player when the officer is ordered to make a sweep.In other words, the radar is useable only manually so i am wondering if there is anyone who can make the radar informing the player when a target is in its range.
Radioman will inform you for targets in its range, only if these targets are not already covered by other sensor, usually the visual sensor.
That's the way the SH3 work, operate only with one sensor at a time.

Test with night time mission with light or heavy fog. Targets to be out of visual sensor but in radar range.
Now radioman will start to inform you for targets. He will give you the bearing and range in form of short, medium, long range, just like the watch officer when he catch the target.
Old 06-24-17, 05:07 PM   #3
makman94
Hellas

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
Radioman will inform you for targets in its range, only if these targets are not already covered by other sensor, usually the visual sensor.
That's the way the SH3 work, operate only with one sensor at a time.

Test with night time mission with light or heavy fog. Targets to be out of visual sensor but in radar range.
Now radioman will start to inform you for targets. He will give you the bearing and range in form of short, medium, long range, just like the watch officer when he catch the target.
Thats right, Tycho

i totally forgot that crew visuals were there, i followed your suggestion and created a foggy mission and everything works as expected.

thank you very much

In the next days i will upload the necessery files and tweaks for the radar in order to have it absolutely useable for the very foggy situations.
Just pray the enemy to not have a radar RWR

Mediafire page:http://www.mediafire.com/folder/da50.../Makman94_Mods
makman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-17, 01:41 AM   #4
jaxa
The Old Man

Downloads: 413
Uploads: 0

Good work makman
The next step to make SHIII as real as possible.
jaxa is offline   Reply With Quote