SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-19-17, 02:12 PM   #1
Drakomis
Narwhaling the highways..

Downloads: 51
Uploads: 0
Default USS Narwhal mod not working, help?

[*RESOLVED* Thank you Propbeanie and Barracuda!]

Hello all,

First of all thank you to the site guy who gave the warm welcome via e-mail after the donation, I appreciate that. I also thank everyone for their valuable info and dedication to these games on this site. Without it, I wouldn't be having fun.

Now onto my question.

I have the steam version of the game. I donated because I wanted to download the narwhal, as it is one of my favorite WWII sub designs. I did so, with the included texture pack and TMO, and did everything according to the instructions. I even downloaded the add-on, "u-boat missions", to update the game to 1.5.

The sub still isn't showing up anywhere. It's not available in the drop down menus, or anything. I have the mods enabled, and I did try disabling one or two of the mods (such as TMO and TEXTURE) while leaving the original craft file loaded to see if that helped. No go.

What am I doing wrong?

If it helps, I have a windows 7 system and I did enable the game to go beyond 2 gigs of memory with the suggested application (which works wonderfully and FAST now, thank you very much!).

Thanks,
Drakomis

Last edited by Drakomis; 03-20-17 at 11:15 AM.
Drakomis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-17, 03:08 PM   #2
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard!

Drakomis!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-17, 05:04 PM   #3
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Hey Drakomis, welcome to SubSim.

I'm going by memory here, and I have a difficult time remembering my name sometimes, so fair warning... but de-activate all your mods to where you just have Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific v1.5. Now try to activate the "New Narwhal K v 1.8.5" mod only, and see if the boat shows up. If it works, great. If not, post back and we'll try something else.

If it does work, and you're going to do TMO2.5, that mod has its own version of the Narwhal that will overwrite the Bonus Mod, so de-activate it. Activate TMO, then the Narwhal K v 1.8.5 mod again, then the "New Narwhal TMO2.5_Support" mod. Seems to me that you can add the "Narwhal Graphics support" mod last... Someone may have to slap my wrist and correct me... You most likely will not be able to add any other mods to the mix, until you become familiar with the UPC files, and can edit those. A lot of mods overwrite the CareerStart and the Flotillas files, and that would wipe-out the references to your Bonus Mod... There is a plan to make a modification for the Narwhal Bonus for Fall of the Rising Sun Ultimate, but we haven't gotten to that just yet...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-17, 05:41 PM   #4
Drakomis

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Hey Drakomis, welcome to SubSim.

I'm going by memory here, and I have a difficult time remembering my name sometimes, so fair warning... but de-activate all your mods to where you just have Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific v1.5. Now try to activate the "New Narwhal K v 1.8.5" mod only, and see if the boat shows up. If it works, great. If not, post back and we'll try something else.

If it does work, and you're going to do TMO2.5, that mod has its own version of the Narwhal that will overwrite the Bonus Mod, so de-activate it. Activate TMO, then the Narwhal K v 1.8.5 mod again, then the "New Narwhal TMO2.5_Support" mod. Seems to me that you can add the "Narwhal Graphics support" mod last... Someone may have to slap my wrist and correct me... You most likely will not be able to add any other mods to the mix, until you become familiar with the UPC files, and can edit those. A lot of mods overwrite the CareerStart and the Flotillas files, and that would wipe-out the references to your Bonus Mod... There is a plan to make a modification for the Narwhal Bonus for Fall of the Rising Sun Ultimate, but we haven't gotten to that just yet...
Hey Propbeanie,

No, it didn't work. I did as you instructed and a few variations on the load order for the mod launcher. Do you have any ideas as to why it WOULDN'T be showing up at all? Is this abnormal?

Thanks,
Drakomis
Old 03-19-17, 06:35 PM   #5
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Somewhat, but let me ask you this then: What folder do you have Silent Hunter installed into via your Steam Account?

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-17, 06:42 PM   #6
Drakomis

It's this:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Silent Hunters wolves of the pacific