SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-27-08, 11:51 AM   #76
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

One little suggestion to all NYGM Type XXIII users , you can with a very easy change switch the current Type XXI interior for the Type II one, which seems way more appropiate for the smaller dimensions of the boat.

To do it, once enabled the Type XXIII, go to:

data\Submarine\NSS_Uboat21

and open with notepad the file "NSS_Uboat21.cfg". You will see this as first block of text:

Quote:
[Unit]
ClassName=SSTypeXXI
HumanPlayable=YES
Interior=data/Interior/NSS_Uboat21/NSS_Uboat21
UnitType=200
MaxSpeed=15.6
MaxSpeedSubmerged=16
Length=76.7
Width=6.6
Draft=6.3
RenownAwarded=200
Change this line: Interior=data/Interior/NSS_Uboat21/NSS_Uboat21

to: Interior=data/Interior/NSS_Uboat21/NSS_Uboat2

That's all
Old 09-03-08, 04:41 AM   #77
nirwana
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 17
Uploads: 0

Alright after playing NYGM with 100% realitysettings for 2.5 years gametime (18 patrols) and removed any mod which makes it easier to play, im very happy with this mod though sometimes i cant find any targets for weeks in the patrol which how it worked in those days in WW2. I found only minor glitches of the scripts like a few ships of a convoy just quit moving and were bouncing around like they were glued to the waves or the whole convoy doublebacking on its projected course but thats nothing which shouldnt bother anyone.

The only issue which i personally find too easy is to get new boats/equippment without the requirement of having a certain amount of reputation to select them. Is there a way to change it with a mod or manually ? :hmm:
nirwana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-08, 08:13 AM   #78
Bubbe
A-ganger

Downloads: 3

HI!
Where i can download this supermod?

====================================WWW.BETASOM.IT ====================================
Bubbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-08, 11:32 AM   #79
kranz
The Old Man

Downloads: 5

try this
http://hosted.filefront.com/TeddyBar/
kranz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-08, 01:33 AM   #80
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 4

@Nirwana:
Quote:
The only issue which i personally find too easy is to get new boats/equippment without the requirement of having a certain amount of reputation to select them. Is there a way to change it with a mod or manually ?
The renown to buy new equipment is related directly to tonnage sunk, in the original SH3.

Therefore, if you wish to restrict your ability to get new equipment until you think you have earned it, then the easy way is to set tonnage limits before asking for the new equipment.

For example, you cannot ask for a new U-boat until you have sunk 50,000 or 100,000 tons after your last boat.

The big advantage of this method is that you can set your own tonnage figures for whatever value you want. Any mod which tried to achieve the same result would displease different players in different ways.

Stiebler.
Stiebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-08, 04:14 AM   #81
nirwana
Sonar Guy

My idea and ? was not to change the supermod itself but if there is a mod or way available to restrict it automaticly if the player desires it by adding/changing it. To disciplin myself with "No, i dont deserve the new shiny boat due to too many screwups" is like asking my cat not to touch the juicy salmon.
Old 09-09-08, 01:44 AM   #82
zombiewolf
中国水兵

Downloads: 0

I am cruising in an IXC40
Get message radar destoyed on launch http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/l...0/fumb39-1.jpg
http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/l...RADARBROKE.jpg
Old 09-09-08, 04:10 AM   #83
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

@ZombieWolf:

Radar destroyed message - insufficient information for a diagnosis, but it appears that you have a defective installtiion of NYGM. Try un-installing, then install everything again. Don't add any new mods, unless they have been downloaded from my signature below.

Stiebler.
Old 09-09-08, 04:24 AM   #84
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

Default Hitman Optics

The new Optics Mod from Hitman, for NYGM 3.0, is now available for download by clicking on my signature below. (Filefront, file: Hitman_Optics_NYGM_3.0.7z).

This a wonderful new 'realism' addition to NYGM 3.0, which requires the user to calculate his own ranges for torpedo firing, identify his own target ships manually, and provides a superb new interface for the UZO and the two periscopes. I have been playing it continuously for the past two weeks, so I know it works perfectly.

Of course, not everyone will want to calculate their own ranges and identify their own ships, so this should be regarded as an *optional* mod - but one which I recommend strongly that all NYGM users try!

We recommend that you install first OLC's NYGM Horizon Fix (also available from my signature below). The combination of the two is fantastic!

In addition, the included new files commands_en(or de).cfg contain two other options:
Pressing 'Enter' key brings time compression to 1x (previously this key had no effect).
Pressing 'Ctrl+W' provides an instant weather update. Useful when cruising at periscope depth.

Hitman has included detailed instructions with his package.
Unzip the file Hitman_Optics_NYGM_3.0.7z with 7-Zip (recommended) or (perhaps) with WinRAR, then move the unzipped folder into your folder silenthunteriii\mods.
Finally, install the mod with JScones' ever-popular JSGME.

Stiebler.
Old 09-09-08, 05:39 PM   #85
nirwana
Sonar Guy

--grr doublepost

Last edited by nirwana; 09-09-08 at 05:58 PM.
Old 09-09-08, 05:57 PM   #86
nirwana
Sonar Guy

I created an extra fresh install with the following mods enabled:

- NYGM 2.5 and update to 3.0
- Harbor Traffic Add-In
- IABLShipsfor NYGM3
- OLCHorizonFix
- Hitman Optics NYGM 3.0

The new command_de.cfg file contains:
------------------------------------------
[Cmd313]
Name=Fire_torpedo
Ctxt=1
Key0=0x0D,,"Enter"

I thought "enter" would set TDC to x1 but it really fires a torpedo.

CTRL-W only worked after i added "CaptainAmericaIcons"
Old 09-09-08, 09:26 PM   #87
zombiewolf
中国水兵

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiebler
@ZombieWolf:

Radar destroyed message - insufficient information for a diagnosis, but it appears that you have a defective installtiion of NYGM. Try un-installing, then install everything again. Don't add any new mods, unless they have been downloaded from my signature below.

Stiebler.

Will do thank you!
Old 09-10-08, 01:41 AM   #88
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

@Nirwana:

Thanks for reporting the problem.
You are correct about commands_de.cfg. I forgot to add a tiny change to this file when copying from the commands_en.cfg file.

Use JSGME to remove your HitmanOptics mod, then open the mod's command_de.cfg file. Go to [cmd313], and change this line:
Key0=0x0D,,"enter"
To:
Key0=0x0D,c,"enter" (lower-case 'c')

Save the changed file, and reinstall the mod with JSGME. All should be OK now. (You can now fire torpedoes with CTRL-C.)

The CTRL-W command is set up correctly in commands_de.cfg, therefore your problem is probably caused by the 'Enter' key problem. 'Captain America Icons' should have no effect.

I have uploaded a revised version of the Hitman Optics mod to Filefront, download by clicking on my signature below.

Stiebler.
Old 09-10-08, 06:00 AM   #89
kranz
The Old Man

Downloads: 5

can anyone explain me how to use it? I mean how to determine the range. I count the marks on the scope and then look into pdf file with funny tables. Lets say I want to sink the C2 from naval accademy.
kranz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-08, 07:49 AM   #90
Uber Gruber
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

I think its about time I hopped from GWX back to NYGM. I liked the graphical enhancements of GWX but i've always felt more "immersed" using NYGM. Teddy's earlier research postings convinced me that he knew what he was talking about. Also, NYGMs "openess" is more in tune with my oppinion of what a community should be so hurrah to you guys.

Tags
torpedos through hull