SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-12-08, 04:46 PM   #46
Tomcattwo
Loader

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0
Default Reply

Wolfehunter said:
Quote:
After we remove it from JSGME, do we install over the older version or do we un install it then reinstall the newer version?
After you remove SH3Speech_GWX or SH3Speech_OLC from SH3 using JSGME, simply double-click on SH3Speech_V101.exe, follow the prompts, and provide the loaction of your main SH3 folder when asked (this should be the same folder you told the V100 installer when you first installed SH3Speech). The installer will overwrite your old SH3Speech files.

Once the installer is finished doing it's work, use JSGME to install your version (SH3Speech_GWX for GWX or stock SH3 users, or SH3Speech_OLC for GWX+OLC GUI users), adjust resolution in the SH3Speech_GWX2.bat or SH3Speech_OLC.bat file, and go play.

Here's the installation readme for V 1.01:

SH3Speech V 1.01 Installation Readme

R/
TC2
Old 03-12-08, 05:18 PM   #47
Wolfehunter
Crusty Capt.

Downloads: 40
Uploads: 25

Thank you
Old 03-12-08, 11:25 PM   #48
Voyd
Bosun

Downloads: 25

TomCatTwo,

I've been experimenting with your mod for most of the night, and I must say that it is one of the most impressive additions to SH3 that I have come across (went and got a headset after work just to try it out). This takes the sim to a whole new dimension of realism. Thanks, Mate!!

Happy Hunting,

Voyd
Voyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-08, 12:51 PM   #49
Tomcattwo
Loader

Voyd said:
Quote:
I've been experimenting with your mod for most of the night, and I must say that it is one of the most impressive additions to SH3 that I have come across (went and got a headset after work just to try it out). This takes the sim to a whole new dimension of realism. Thanks, Mate!!

Happy Hunting,

Voyd
Voyd, glad you are enjoying the mod - that's why I share my mods with others , so you can enjoy them. Also, need to give credit where credit is due. This mod was made possible by the coding efforts of minsc_tdp who wrote the original code for SH4 use. I adapted the data files to work with SH3. minsc has been very gracious in teaming with me to produce th SH3Speech version. Thanks also to Bill Jarrell and Jaeger for beta testing and German language translation.

Have fun and good hunting, Herr Kaleun!

R/
TC2
Old 03-20-08, 06:26 PM   #50
frenema
Torpedoman

Downloads: 8

Did I miss something? Because I can't seem to be able to open any tubes other than the 1st one. If I select say tube 2 and command it to open it's always the tube 1 that opens...
frenema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-08, 07:45 PM   #51
Tomcattwo
Loader

Default Install Latest Version

Frenema said:
Quote:
Did I miss something? Because I can't seem to be able to open any tubes other than the 1st one. If I select say tube 2 and command it to open it's always the tube 1 that opens...
I'm thinkin' maybe you missed the upgrade to V1.01 of SH3Speech. Sounds like you are using the 1.00 version of SH3Speech. In the 1.00 version, the key that was used for opening/closing tubes caused a problem such that the open tube order did not function correctly (as well as some other tube problems). This was fixed in SH3Speech V1.01. Have you correctly upgraded to 1.01? See link here: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=132228

Make sure you follow the directions for correctly upgrading to V 1.01. That'll solve your tube problem PM me if still having issues after correctly installing V 1.01.

P.S. - You CAN install the new version mid-patrol without doing any harm. The only files within SH3 that are altered are the commands_en.cfg and (new) commands_de.cfg
R/
TC2

Last edited by Tomcattwo; 03-26-08 at 07:08 PM.
Tomcattwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-08, 04:42 PM   #52
Friedl9te
Lieutenant

Downloads: 37

This Tool brings a lot of Immersion and allows to take command in a more intutive way.
Beeing a German native Speaker maybe I can contribute a little bit.
I began to try to improve the German Commands.

Sometimes it turns out that two versions are accepted equally by the recengine so I compared up to 32 only slightly different samples to find out the best ones.
It is quite interesting.

id,Name,VoiceCommand,Note
1,Command Room,Centraleh,Auf Deutsch
2,NavigationMap,NahveegatzeonsCarteh,AufDeutsch2,Navigation Map,NavihgatzeonsCarteh,Auf Deutsch3,Attack Periscope,Ahngriffseeroa,Auf Deutsch
3.5,Recognition Manual,Erkennungshandbook,Auf Deutsch
4,Bridge,brookeh,Auf Deutsch
4,Bridge,Kaloi auf brookeh,Auf Deutsch
4,Bridge,Man auf brookeh,Auf Deutsch
5,Deck Gun,Boadkanoneh,Auf Deutsch
5,Deck Gun,Deckeshyts,Auf Deutsch
6,Flak Gun 1,Flak Ains,Auf Deutsch
6,Flak Gun 1,Erstehs Flakehshyts,Auf Deutsch
7,Sonar,Horshap,Auf Deutsch
7,Sonar,Horker,Auf Deutsch
8,Radar,Funkmess,Auf Deutsch
8,Radar,Funkmessoatung,Auf Deutsch
8,Radar,Funcka,Auf Deutsch
8,Radar,Funkmessoatung,Auf Deutsch9,Crew Management,Mahnshaft,Auf Deutsch10,ExternalCamera,AussenCamera,Auf Deutsch11,Captain's Bed,Commandantenkajyte,Auf Deutsch13,Zoom,rainsoomen,Auf Deutsch13,Zoom,rausoomen,Auf Deutsch13,Zoom,zoom,14.5,Open/Close Tube Door,Myndungsklappen offnen,Auf Deutsch14.5,Open/Close Tube Door,Myndungsklappen shliezen,Auf Deutsch15.5,Cycle Tubes,nextes roar,Auf Deutsch16,Toggle Lock View to Target,Zealaufschalten,Auf Deutsch16,Toggle Lock View to Target,Zealaufschaltung,Auf Deutsch17,Deploy Decoys,Bold abshoos,Auf Deutsch18,Toggle Silent Running Mode,Shlaikfahrt,Auf Deutsch18,Toggle Silent Running Mode,Shlaikfahrt beenden,Auf Deutsch20,Ahead Slow,kleineh fart foraus,Auf Deutsch21,Ahead 1/3,ain drittel fart foraus,Auf Deutsch22,Ahead Standard,halbeh fart foraus,Auf Deutsch23,Ahead Full,follefart foraus,Auf Deutsch24,Ahead Flank,ausersteh fart foraus,Auf Deutsch24,Ahead Flank,oysersteh fahrt foraus,Auf Deutsch

To be continued ...

I will not post the complete File here, this is only for instance.

Friedl9te
Friedl9te SilentHunter III Help Thread (Sorry in German)

Last edited by Friedl9te; 03-25-08 at 04:06 PM.
Friedl9te is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-08, 05:24 PM   #53
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Downloads: 65
Uploads: 3

Wow!
I'd assumed this was "just another" speech command mod, but I just read post #1 and it's clearly much more than that! Excellent work and thank you! I can't wait to try this!
Old 03-24-08, 06:02 PM   #54
minsc_tdp
XO

Downloads: 1

Yeah, I realize some SH3 people may have not followed the SH4Speech development at all so they don't know what they're really looking at here.

"Shoot" and similar tools have been used to do voicerec in games like this, but the problem is that they are generally limited to keystrokes only. Traditionally, the only way to automate even a mouse click is to use "macro" type software, but that is disconnected from voice rec. Additionally, the mouse clicks in SH can be very complex - clicking and dragging a dial right 30 degrees, for example.

That is where shSpeech shines. The idea from the start was to create a completely open system that anyone could customize, that supported keystrokes, mouse clicks, and complex interaction with the various SH dials. Keeping the whole design open allowed TomcatTwo to port it to SH3.

Of course, before attacking the complex problem of dials, I wanted to be sure it was worth it in the sense that the recognition would be accurate using the Microsoft Speech SDK system. Many people have had bad experiences with that, but usually related to attempting to dictate a few sentences to MS Word. Usually after this experience, most people chalk voice recognition up to a novelty that still needs years of work before it is usable (which is still true in many ways.)

As it turns out though, since the total number of commands used to communicate to SH are very low relative to the entire english dictionary, and as a result, the recognition is very, very good. Much better than general dictation which has to figure out what you're saying across hundreds of thousands of words, strung together in quickly spoken sentences. Being a much smaller data set to work with, MS SAPI works great.

My experience and experiments manipulating the keyboard, and mouse cursor with various dials including click/drag, and scaling it to any resolution were good and that's all I needed, and in a month it was done. The result was better than I imagined, better than any generalized third-party voice recognition system out there (for SH, anyway!), and combined with great recognition, it's a lot of fun and immersion that no other mod can touch!

*sales pitch over*
Old 03-24-08, 11:07 PM   #55
Archive1
Commander

Downloads: 26
Default Getting Invalid Data Phrase error messages

Downloaded the v1.01 and it installed perfectly. Have been training the speech program and mostly it goes very well, but have gotten the "INVALID DATA FOR PHRASE make turns for eight knots (id=584 IN ONE OF THE CSVs (NO ID MATCH)!" error message for all the speed commands (including "ahead slow" etc), for the "select tube 2,3,4,5,6" commands and for all the rudder commands ("come to 8 degrees", etc, for example) - the "make turns for x knots" works fine for speed control as do, it appears, the other commands, although I've obviously not been through all 5,000 (!).

This is a superb addition that I've been waiting to see (hear?) for a long time. My congratulations to Tomcattwo, minsc_tdp and other contributors. But am curious about why some commands go through just fine, others not. BTW, "ein dritte fahrt voraus" and "kleine fahrt voraus" etc auf Deutsch do not work either so the problem (whatever it is) affects both the *.en and the *.de files
Archive1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-08, 12:22 AM   #56
Archive1
Commander

Downloads: 26
My error

OK, I owe Tomcattwo et al an apology. Should have known it was something I was doing. I now get everything to work except the known tube one opening problem.

I have learned that you need to keep holding down the ` key longer to let the program catch up. If you do, it just works perfectly with every command I've thrown at it. Although I've not tried the helm/rudder orders ("come right to 8 degrees" etc).

My bad, guys. It's a great program...even better once we can better manage the tubes. Always have the old mouse to use as a wrench to open and close tubes 2 through 5/6!
Archive1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-08, 03:15 PM   #57
Friedl9te
Lieutenant

Does anybody know a programme which can be used to create the german orders.
It should understand english to create the right orders.

Speak the order in the Microphone ---> Programme writes the order.

For instance:
Navigationskarte(i.e.F5) ---> NahveegatzeonsCarteh

Friedl9te
Old 03-26-08, 03:23 PM   #58
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Woot - I'm home and about to try this mod!

It installed OK, but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomcattwo
Microsoft Speech Recognition Application 5.1 (SAPI 5.1) must be installed. Download free here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en
That link leads to a page with half a dozen downloads and not terribly clear descriptions of what each one does (in fact some of them don't even have descriptions - thanks Microsoft! ).

I looked through the mod documentation and couldn't find anything telling me which of those downloads I want. Can anyone help?

Thanks,
OLC
Old 03-26-08, 03:40 PM   #59
Friedl9te
Lieutenant

Get the SpeechSDK51.exe

Friedl9te
Old 03-26-08, 03:46 PM   #60
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friedl9te
Get the SpeechSDK51.exe
OK then... DLing now, thanks!