SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-04-13, 05:17 PM   #871
chimp
Swabbie

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 0
not sure need help?

Hello blue duck im not sure it working for me when I start I always start at AG in the middle of the sea I never get a base to start in no mater what sub I use always same spot the mission says start at base and finnish base but it dosent give me one and when I get one saying start at kiel and finnish at keil I still start at AG in the sea no base am I doing some think wrong? do I need to do a patrol then find a port to finished at it always give me a mission to patrol AO tho I don't know I ready to give up
chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-13, 06:01 PM   #872
desertstriker
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 998

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimp View Post
Hello blue duck im not sure it working for me when I start I always start at AG in the middle of the sea I never get a base to start in no mater what sub I use always same spot the mission says start at base and finnish base but it dosent give me one and when I get one saying start at kiel and finnish at keil I still start at AG in the sea no base am I doing some think wrong? do I need to do a patrol then find a port to finished at it always give me a mission to patrol AO tho I don't know I ready to give up
sounds like a locations issue to me. what mods do you have activated and in what order
desertstriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-13, 02:43 AM   #873
blueduck
Commander

Downloads: 59

Quote:
Hello chimp,
hello desertstriker,

this is not a location issue but a known fact in SH3!

If you equip your new u-boat BEFORE you start your turn you will end up in PQ AG!
Take the new boat, do your first journey, call for a transfer to the front flotilla (if you started in Erprobungsstelle) and then take the equipment!

Regards
Blueduck
blueduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-13, 03:53 AM   #874
chimp
Swabbie

hey thank you both for messaging back journey I did a patrol got there did 24 hours got both ticks for completing then I press escape and pressed return base is that correct ? Or do I have to travel back to the ocean were I started then Finnish?, oh and I sank 3 ships!! Because It wouldent let me transfer anywere . Oh and i chose my own grid to patrol using commander or should i have used the one it gives me ? The OA one and the commander only lets me choose the 12 flotilla is that right?. I'm so sorry for qustion im such a noob i do read the manuals but so much to take in just want to make sure i got it all right and if i get a transfer to which flotilla to choose to be at front thank for help guys.

Last edited by chimp; 07-05-13 at 04:22 AM.
Old 07-05-13, 04:35 AM   #875
blueduck
Commander

Quote:
hey thank you both for messaging back journey I did a patrol got there did 24 hours got both ticks for completing then I press escape and pressed return base is that correct ? Or do I have to travel back to the ocean were I started then Finnish?, oh and I sank 3 ships!! Because It wouldent let me transfer anywere . Oh and i chose my own grid to patrol using commander or should i have used the one it gives me ? The OA one and the commander only lets me choose the 12 flotilla is that right?. I'm so sorry for qustion im such a noob i do read the manuals but so much to take in just want to make sure i got it all right and if i get a transfer to which flotilla to choose to be at front thank for help guys.

Hello chimp,

hey mate, now it is getting a bit difficult.

Did you activate "LSH3_V5.1_SH3_Commander_3.2" in JSGME in the SH3-Commander-Folder? Maybe you try LSH3_v5.1 without Commander first?

Next I will need a mod-list of these activated within the SH3-folder.

And very important the date when you started your career.

Regards
Blueduck
Old 07-05-13, 04:52 AM   #876
chimp
Swabbie

I did a FRESH INSTALL and it works amazing love it but can you tell me if all thos mods work together and what order please and if you know of any goods one to put in there to that be great thank you so much for your hard work do you have a donation link? lol thing I need to know I see peaple change time at base from 21 to 1 when Geting fuel from ships and then change back to 21 days? If I use commander and it set to 1 day already do I have to change it from 1 day? Can I keep at 1 day all thru the campain
Attached Images
File Type: jpg capture1.jpg (86.3 KB, 25 views)

Last edited by chimp; 07-05-13 at 11:45 AM.
Old 07-05-13, 01:29 PM   #877
desertstriker
Eternal Patrol

i noticed a few conflicts with your mod profile
first off the easiest to fix the SH# commander one DOES NOT belong in the game folders ther is a aplication called SH3 commander where those files belong
now i refer to much of your activation
the env MEP ones can not be used with ATM and vise versa i refer you to http://www.lsh3.com/dl/v5/LSH3_V5.1_...ivation_EN.pdf page 7

now the next error i noticed never have more than 1 sub type olc dials at any 1 time. the type IX in your case will have completely over written the type II

IIRC the bunkerstarten needs to be one of the first activated mods.

Quote:
his is not a location issue but a known fact in SH3!

If you equip your new u-boat BEFORE you start your turn you will end up in PQ AG!
Take the new boat, do your first journey, call for a transfer to the front flotilla (if you started in Erprobungsstelle) and then take the equipment!
i had forgotten about that blue duck
Old 07-05-13, 02:10 PM   #878
chimp
Swabbie

Thank you desertstriker! yer I found out why I could not get commander to work if only I read the manually a bit better! my own fault. And about the ATM thank I did not know about the conflict between them.
and bunker will go in after v5 and v5.1 and select only one dial thank very much for helping me have you got a mod back for JGSME that I could follow a little of how things are put together that be great thank you sir!!
Old 07-05-13, 03:07 PM   #879
desertstriker
Eternal Patrol

unfortunately i haven't run LSH3 in forever (and would need to make a mod profile for it which can take time making sure the game runs properly, and all the mods (including ones that i have not activated in a while) are on an external HDD. been using NYGM for the past 7 months and all my knowledge of LSH3 is based on memory and the documentation saved on the computer since i never can delete that kind of documentation
Old 07-05-13, 03:15 PM   #880
chimp
Swabbie

That ok thank you anyway and the help work great for me!! NYGM never heard of that one is that a super mod is there much different then this one? and Thomason sound pack 3.2 dosent work for LSH3 any body can tell me a good sound pack ?

Last edited by chimp; 07-05-13 at 03:43 PM.
Old 07-05-13, 04:33 PM   #881
blueduck
Commander

Quote:
That ok thank you anyway and the help work great for me!! NYGM never heard of that one is that a super mod is there much different then this one? and Thomason sound pack 3.2 dosent work for LSH3 any body can tell me a good sound pack ?
Hello chimp,

if you did read the "LSH3_V5.1_MOD-Activation_EN.pdf" carefully, there are already MOD-Profiles for different operational purposes.

Regards
Blueduck
Old 07-06-13, 07:28 AM   #882
chimp
Swabbie

hey blueduck yer I have read it carefully put it gone straight over my head im not has clever has you guys so I have no clue how to get Thomason sound pack to work the ships keep shooting at me in port lol im still reading thru all manuals still trying to figure out how put JSGME in English!!! lolo il get there

Last edited by chimp; 07-06-13 at 09:24 AM.
Old 07-06-13, 09:29 AM   #883
blueduck
Commander

Quote:
hey blueduck yer I have read it carefully put it gone straight over my head im not has clever has you guys so I have no clue how to get Thomason sound pack to work the ships keep shooting at me in port lol im still reading thru all manuals still trying to figure out how put JSGME in English!!! lolo il get there
Hello chimp,

JSGME in EN is not that difficult. Open Windows Explorer, navigate to your SH3-folder where SH3.exe and JSGME.exe are located and delete "JSGME.lng".

That's it
Blueduck
Old 07-06-13, 09:57 AM   #884
chimp
Swabbie

will do thank you sir
Old 07-17-13, 03:28 PM   #885
Darth777
Watch

Downloads: 19
Default Changed all my JSGME language to German

I downloaded this mod and it changed all the language in JSGME to German. Any way to correct this or undo V5.1?

SH3
GWX 3.0 Gold
JSGME
SH3 Commander

Win XP Pro sp3
Darth777 is offline   Reply With Quote