SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-01-08, 09:40 AM   #61
h.sie
Admiral

Downloads: 131
Uploads: 0

do I understand the following mechanism correct, that sh3cmdr automatically copies the salvo.tga related to the u-boat which I've chosen in sh3cmdr, from the uboat-folder into data/menu/gui/olc?
Old 12-01-08, 11:31 AM   #62
piri_reis
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikhayl
@Piri, I think you would just need to paste the "G3F I302" to "G3F I307" from GWX 2.1 menu.ini + the corresponding dial in dials.cfg, but indeed it will also bring up the conversion tables on the navmap screen.
Got it! Needed a few ID changes in the menu file and dials.cfg. Works as advertised and not much interference with the conversion tables.

Lt.z.S. Barbaros Hayreddin, U-35, 2nd Flot/Kiel, Type VIIB
Oct.29.1939, 2nd Patrol Eastern English Waters
Running SH5/TWOS

Last edited by piri_reis; 12-01-08 at 11:32 AM.
piri_reis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-08, 08:11 PM   #63
joegrundman
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 34

Quote:
@UG, regarding the target speed dial, it does reset to 0 and the target range dial as well when using the attack disc, it can't be avoided because of the way the attack disc is done (you have to use existing dials to make it work and not a lot of them are suitable). I thought the AOB dial was used instead of the speed dial that's why it seemed strange to me, but that's correct.
Thanks again for your feedback !
in this regard, the OLC dial and U-jagd dial link to different existing dials

you can easily change the relationship if you wish

joe
"Enemy submarines are to be called U-Boats. The term submarine is to be reserved for Allied under water vessels. U-Boats are those dastardly villains who sink our ships, while submarines are those gallant and noble craft which sink theirs." Winston Churchill
joegrundman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-08, 04:21 PM   #64
h.sie
Admiral

hi mikhayl,

still testing your gui. found two issues:

1) attack periscope: i can only use the torpedo selection dial in salvo mode. no reaction in single mode. in tdc screen it works.

2) the lamps of the selected torps are dark and the lamps of the unselected torps are bright. is that intended?

hope, you cannot reproduce that...... :O)

Last edited by h.sie; 12-02-08 at 04:21 PM.
h.sie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-08, 05:46 PM   #65
badwolf
XO

Downloads: 59

As said in post #51' I'm working on the single dial selection for my GUI. Have got the dials to switch the tubes single or salvo in peri/uzo, but both remain visible. Looking how to switch one on/off so that they can be placed on top of each other, if that make's sense.

I'll have a look at it this weekend and try to solve it.

Your GUI Mikhayl is looking really good with some excellent ideas.

Last edited by badwolf; 12-02-08 at 05:56 PM.
badwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-08, 06:46 PM   #66
Klaus_Doldinger
Planesman

Downloads: 13

Hi Mikhayl.

First of all, thank you for your work

Just one question: perhaps I did something wrong, but at night i can only see in both periscopes the crosshairs; the scalimeters and cyphers are black and cannot be seen in the darkness.

Could this be because I´m also using OLCE2 (which darkens a lot the nights)? I think -if I didn´t make any mistake- that it could be a good idea to make scalimeters and cyphers in light colour as the crosshairs at night, like in OLC GUI and stock SHIII.

Best regards.
GWX 3.0
GWX 16 Km atmosphere
GWX no medals on crew
GWX open hatch
GWX Saint Nazaire, Schleuse and units
OLC GUI 1.2.7
Thomsen´s sound
Torpedo damage final
Rubini´s lifeboats and debris
D.i.D.
Klaus_Doldinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-08, 03:21 AM   #67
Klaus_Doldinger
Planesman

Thank you for your quick answer, Mikhayl. I agree that the new scopes and UZO are more realistic and inmersive, as well as the limit of 3 meters for torpedo depth. Also I like very much the quick reference card for most common merchants and tankers, you´ve make a really brilliant work!

As a suggestion, I would like also to have the U-jagd tools chronometer, I find it very useful for a quick speed estimation, specially in surface attacks. Perhaps could it be made draggable to avoid the space problems you mentioned?

Thank you again and best regards.
GWX 3.0
GWX 16 Km atmosphere
GWX no medals on crew
GWX open hatch
OLC GUI 1.2.7
Thomsen´s sound
Torpedo damage final
D.i.D.
Old 12-09-08, 09:50 AM   #68
h.sie
Admiral

Hi Mikhayl,

your new TDC screen looks so good and I think about to use it in my hsGUI. I ask for your permission to do that. . . . .

would be very nice.....
h.sie
Old 12-11-08, 03:01 AM   #69
h.sie
Admiral

Quote:
Hi h.sie, no problem, all my mods are free to use & modify in any way without permission (I wish we could get rid of all the permission thingy BS )

Thank you very much. Another question: Did you do all changes to menu.ini and dials.cfg manually or did you use a tool for that, especially this time-consuming renumbering of the sections e.g. [G3F I122] and so on?

Because I plan to do some changes to my GUI, I think about to program a tool which automatically renumbers both files. What do you think about that idea? Perhaps with that tool I can pay back for your permission to use your TDC in my GUI.
Old 01-02-09, 07:56 PM   #70
Klaus_Doldinger
Planesman

Hi Mikhayl.

I´m using your mod in my actual campaign, but I tried to introduce also the draggable Joegrundman´s U-Jagd chrono, as I feel it as a neccesary tool. Unfortunately, although the draggable chrono appears in my screen, it doesn´t work when I click on the stock game one.

the proccess I followed was to copy and paste the text of the draggable U-Jagd section in the menu 1024-768 archive and the inclusion of the chrono image in the U-Jagd folder. I suppose that I have missed something, but I don´t know what.

Any help will be welcome... and thanks again for this mod!
GWX 3.0
GWX 16 Km atmosphere
GWX no medals on crew
GWX open hatch
OLC GUI 1.2.7
Thomsen´s sound
Torpedo damage final
D.i.D.
Old 01-03-09, 09:33 PM   #71
UberMatz
Sailor man

Downloads: 19
I don't log in and post that often, but just broke SH3 back out again and loaded it up and started adding mods and WOW! This GUI is amazing! What an awesome piece of work! I'm having to relearn the game basically, but with this GUI, it's like having a new game! Along with all of the other outstanding mods out now (as well as the great oldies) SH3 is better than ever!

Thanx so much for your efforts and hard work, I'm sure this was a major undertaking.

UberMatz
UberMatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-09, 05:11 PM   #72
UberMatz
Sailor man

Downloads: 19

Mikhayl, send you a PM. I can't get the sliderule to come up in the observation scope. Also, if you have a translation of german to Enlish for the TDC it would be nice. I know what they all are except for the four on the right hand side that are under glass

Thanx!!!

UberMatz
UberMatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-09, 02:39 PM   #73
Phoenix3000
Weps

Downloads: 49

Hi Mikhayl,

I read about your mod before GWX 3.0 was available, so the inevitable question is - does it work with GWX 3.0??

I particularly like what you have done with the new TDC screen, much better in my opinion.

If it does work are any other mods supported with it (water stream etc.), or do you know of any issues I should be aware of before implementing it?

Right now I'm trying out various GUI mods with GWX3 until I find one I feel comfortable with.

Cheers!

Px3000

EDIT: I tried it with my current GWX3.0 install, and I like it a lot !! One question though, at night the periscope crosshairs are very bright green, yet other forum members have mentioned their's being black (not necessarily your mod). Is there a way of changing the crosshairs from the green to a more realistic black?

Thanks again,

Px3000

Last edited by Phoenix3000; 01-15-09 at 10:44 AM.
Phoenix3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-09, 08:11 AM   #74
Hylarion
Watch

Downloads: 81

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberMatz
Mikhayl, send you a PM. I can't get the sliderule to come up in the observation scope. Also, if you have a translation of german to Enlish for the TDC it would be nice. I know what they all are except for the four on the right hand side that are under glass

Thanx!!!

UberMatz
I think those additional dials are related to torpedo path setting for late war torpedoes...
Old 01-16-09, 09:18 AM   #75
Lanzfeld
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 64

Mikhayl,

This looks so great! Hats off to you!!!

I am hooked, however, on the Special GUI by OLC because of the waves through the scope. This is REQUIRED by me. So real!

Is there a way for me to use your TDC (F6) with the special GUI? What files do I merge? It may not be that easy so if you dont have time to tell me then that is okay to. You do great work!

Regards!
Lanzfeld is offline   Reply With Quote