Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-19, 09:51 PM   #6691
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Now we know what Ginsburg has been working on. Well done.
Quote:
Unanimous Supreme Court rules states are subject to seizure limits
Quote:

In a historic first from the U.S. Supreme Court, the Justices ruled unanimously on Wednesday that the Eighth Amendment ban on excessive fines does apply to state and local governments, ruling in favor of an Indiana man who had his expensive car seized by police after he was arrested for a small amount illegal drugs.

Writing for the High Court, Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg said "the protection against excessive fines guards against abuses of government’s punitive or criminal law-enforcement authority" found in the Eighth Amendment.

https://www.ajc.com/blog/jamie-dupre...sY1bZvT6sIudM/

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
Old 02-22-19, 09:59 PM   #6692
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
Now we know what Ginsburg has been working on. Well done.[B]

https://www.ajc.com/blog/jamie-dupre...sY1bZvT6sIudM/
I agree August

I didn't even know it was a problem till it came up for review by the Supreme Court ... some people have really been taken advantage of by the no limits to what the state can take.

I knew an unnamed government agency employee who had a tow truck and a hide away shop garage with some pretty exotic cars in the fenced in area.
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Old 02-23-19, 03:37 PM   #6693
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

This is Liberals, a 75 year old Senator getting schooled by greenie kids. Priceless.

"We've come to a point where our Earth is dying, literally." Yes, it's that awesome.

https://www.facebook.com/BayAreaSunr...1109139978731/

Best part: they are intellectuals equals, but Feinstein has the edge with blinding bureaucracy. "But you don't understand, we put a lot of work into our letter".
Old 02-24-19, 01:01 AM   #6694
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
This is Liberals, a 75 year old Senator getting schooled by greenie kids. Priceless.

"We've come to a point where our Earth is dying, literally." Yes, it's that awesome.

Best part: they are intellectuals equals, but Feinstein has the edge with blinding bureaucracy. "But you don't understand, we put a lot of work into our letter".

My response.

Old 02-24-19, 07:35 AM   #6695
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Quote:

We make fun of AOC, but this demonstrates how absolutely dangerous her brand of crazy is. This video is absolutely frightening, and worth watching to see what's being drummed into your children's heads on a daily basis. What comes$ after trillion?
Old 02-24-19, 09:33 AM   #6696
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Every generation looks to make the world better as they see it. For those kids, ten years is an eternity, after all, it's pretty much their whole life so far but to seniors, ten years is just a short span of time.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Old 02-24-19, 09:50 AM   #6697
Georg Lassen
Mate

Downloads: 6

Quote:

They are revolutionary, they are ignoring the democratic process in favor of their ideology, very dangerous.
Old 02-24-19, 10:27 AM   #6698
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
Every generation looks to make the world better as they see it.
There are some questions that need to be asked here. I have the suspicion that these kids are being used and they are too young and uniformed to know it. Who gave them the information that they are presenting? My concern would be that the left/progressive/Marxist indoctrination that pervades the universities has migrated down to the grade school level. I'm not trying to say that their concerns aren't real but the question has always been what to do about it. In its entirety the GND is not just about climate change. It is a political document that requires a radical increase in the power and scope of the Federal government. I would have to question whether these young people understand what it is that they are asking for.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

Old 02-24-19, 11:08 AM   #6699
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by u crank View Post
...My concern would be that the left/progressive/Marxist indoctrination that pervades the universities has migrated down to the grade school level....
Very likely but I would think it more due to modern ideas of child rearing that eliminate competition and create safe places so no one is left out, or feels bad, instead of some secret agenda.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Old 02-24-19, 11:27 AM   #6700
u crank

Quote:
Very likely but I would think it more due to modern ideas of child rearing that eliminate competition and create safe places so no one is left out, or feels bad, instead of some secret agenda.
Not to belabor the point but I don't think it is a secret agenda. It is pretty much out in the open.

But I would agree with your first point. The lack of critical thinking and the one sidedness of modern education is startling. And it comes in part from parents who are all to happy to allow educators free rein in the world view of their children. I have had conversations with teenagers and young adults that have left me shaking my head in disbelief.

Goes back to rocking chair.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

Old 02-24-19, 11:57 AM   #6701
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Every generation looks to make the world better as they see it. For those kids, ten years is an eternity, after all, it's pretty much their whole life so far but to seniors, ten years is just a short span of time.
True, and with everyone telling them the planet will be inhabitable before they turn 30... I sympathize with them. They're children, after all, they will believe anything they're told.
Old 02-25-19, 07:45 AM   #6702
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

And now back to cold war rhetorics ..

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-us...-idUKKCN1QE1DS

We do not want war but if you want war we will wage war but we won't if you don't, but if...

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 02-25-19, 08:00 AM   #6703
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Quote:
There are some questions that need to be asked here. I have the suspicion that these kids are being used and they are too young and uniformed to know it.
Yes they are much too young to understand anything.. but maybe there has been some recent research about science that were plain not known at the time of your school days. But this cannot be!

Quote:
Who gave them the information that they are presenting? My concern would be that the left/progressive/Marxist indoctrination that pervades the universities has migrated down to the grade school level.
A left conspiracy!

Quote:
I'm not trying to say that their concerns aren't real [...]
No, never. And why even think about it.

I guess it suits the environment and pollution prevention much more to put someone like Pruitt at the head of the EPA

What strikes me is that anything having to do with with saving the environment* from further pollution, is immediately downplayed or destroyed by someone who usually belongs to the right wing. Why? They should embrace it, there's money in it! If they don't understand the background they could understand at least that?

B.t.w. the "environment" always sounds as something detached from us, independent from us, while we all have to live in it and in what it develops to be. Especially those who do not sit in rocking chairs (aka kids) today

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 02-25-19, 10:01 AM   #6704
u crank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
Yes they are much too young to understand anything.. but maybe there has been some recent research about science that were plain not known at the time of your school days. But this cannot be!
Could be. But you are ignoring the possibility that these children are being used by political operatives to further an agenda which they probably don't understand. They are asking for Feinsteins' endorsement of the Green New Deal. Have you read it? It is an impossibility. They probably agree with without any knowledge the environmental part of the GND, but what would they know about economics, engineering and world trade. This so called 'deal' is a fairy tale that does more harm than good. It shows quite clearly that some people (not all) involved in the climate change debate cannot be taken seriously. It also exposes the true nature of some peoples' agenda. I don't believe for a second that Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez gives two figs about the environment. What she and people like her care about is political power. And that goes for people on the left and the right. Everything that politicians do is tainted by....politics.

Quote:
A left conspiracy!
I think I am a fairly open minded person. When people find something that they disagree with and have no answer for...conspiracy.., even in a joking way.. But facts tell a different story and they are not hard to find out. Internet baby!

Here is a pretty interesting article by someone with a bit of experience. Worth a read. Patrick J. Deneen has taught at Princeton, Georgetown, and now Notre Dame. These are some of the more liberal universities in the US. It should be noted that this was written 3 years ago. It hasn't gotten any better.

Quote:
My students are know-nothings. They are exceedingly nice, pleasant, trustworthy, mostly honest, well-intentioned, and utterly decent. But their minds are largely empty, devoid of any substantial knowledge that might be the fruits of an education in an inheritance and a gift of a previous generation. They are the culmination of western civilization, a civilization that has forgotten it origins and aims, and as a result, has achieved near-perfect indifference about itself.
https://www.frontporchrepublic.com/2.../res-idiotica/

This is the end game of the current Liberal universities. Highly educated know nothings who cannot ask a meaningful question or refuse to think in a critical way. Which brings us back to the GND. Even the slightest application of logic and common sense would and should produce a comedic response. But I'll bite my tongue.

Quote:
What strikes me is that anything having to do with with saving the environment* from further pollution, is immediately downplayed or destroyed by someone who usually belongs to the right wing. Why?
All generalizations are wrong.

Quote:
They should embrace it, there's money in it! If they don't understand the background they could understand at least that?
Here we may actually agree. My belief is that if anything meaningful is going to be accomplished it has to be profitable. And it can't have any involvement from the governments. That is the kiss of death and the magnet for corruption. The most innovative solutions always come without political interference. Keep the Alexandria Ocasio-Cortezs as far away as possible.

But what do I know....I'm just an old guy in a rocking chair.

― Arthur C. Clarke

Old 02-25-19, 11:44 AM   #6705
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Quote:
Could be. But you are ignoring the possibility that these children are being used by political operatives to further an agenda which they probably don't understand.

They are asking for Feinsteins' endorsement of the Green New Deal. Have you read it? It is an impossibility. They probably agree with without any knowledge the environmental part of the GND, but what would they know about economics, engineering and world trade. This so called 'deal' is a fairy tale that does more harm than good. It shows quite clearly that some people (not all) involved in the climate change debate cannot be taken seriously. It also exposes the true nature of some peoples' agenda. I don't believe for a second that Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez gives two figs about the environment. What she and people like her care about is political power. And that goes for people on the left and the right. Everything that politicians do is tainted by....politics.

I think I am a fairly open minded person. When people find something that they disagree with and have no answer for...conspiracy.., even in a joking way.. But facts tell a different story and they are not hard to find out. Internet baby!

Here is a pretty interesting article by someone with a bit of experience. Worth a read. Patrick J. Deneen has taught at Princeton, Georgetown, and now Notre Dame. These are some of the more liberal universities in the US. It should be noted that this was written 3 years ago. It hasn't gotten any better.

This is the end game of the current Liberal universities. Highly educated know nothings who cannot ask a meaningful question or refuse to think in a critical way. Which brings us back to the GND. Even the slightest application of logic and common sense would and should produce a comedic response. But I'll bite my tongue.

My belief is that if anything meaningful is going to be accomplished it has to be profitable. And it can't have any involvement from the governments. That is the kiss of death and the magnet for corruption. The most innovative solutions always come without political interference. Keep the Alexandria Ocasio-Cortezs as far away as possible.

But what do I know....I'm just an old guy in a rocking chair.
I tried to edit it, but I agreed with too much of what you said

If all thinking is just a matter of deductions how did these left wing people come up with such crazy ideas? Are they trying to fool us by fooling themselves?
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Closed Thread

Tags
biden, clinton, election, harris, obama, politics, trump, twitter