SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-03-13, 07:01 PM   #16
Husksubsky
XO

Downloads: 254
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by raymond6751 View Post
Sure. Here is what I use:

Get_depth_under_sub_keel,0,0,0,0,0,0,15
;- get the depth under the sub's keel
Thx V03 is out

Last edited by Husksubsky; 11-06-13 at 01:41 PM.
Husksubsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-13, 02:46 AM   #17
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Should cruising speed on the surface be the most fuel efficient 7 knotts ?
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-13, 02:09 PM   #18
Husksubsky
XO

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
Should cruising speed on the surface be the most fuel efficient 7 knotts ?
Good point. could set them to go one notch slower, but different types of subs have different speeds so it would only be an approximate. Not sure if I can set speed in the script.

I always cruised on standard speed, but I could just put out a slower cruising mod for download in addition.

Before I do that....Any view on the dive depth for deep seas? is there any point going deeper than 35 meters xpt that it s "more realistic"?
Old 11-08-13, 02:13 PM   #19
arnahud2
Frogman

Downloads: 724

Husksubsky, thank you for the update !

arnahud2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-13, 02:22 PM   #20
Husksubsky
XO

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnahud2 View Post
Husksubsky, thank you for the update !
Im happy ppl are using it

@ Sober: Glad to see my mod in your list
Old 11-08-13, 02:28 PM   #21
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

The only other thing i would change is the TC16 . I dont trust TC in this game . Maybe 4X for sweeping etc .
Old 11-08-13, 02:45 PM   #22
Husksubsky
XO

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
The only other thing i would change is the TC16 . I dont trust TC in this game . Maybe 4X for sweeping etc .
hmmm ok agrreed. Actually I always use the 64/8 myself. I can change the 128/16 to do TC128/8 and make another "compressed" set to sweep 4x, or did I misunderstand now. you d prefer the no station search to be 4x and leave all on station 1x?

I ll make a more fuelefficient version of the mod too

Last edited by Husksubsky; 11-08-13 at 03:06 PM.
Old 11-10-13, 03:15 AM   #23
Husksubsky
XO

v0.4 out

I put a slower(fuelefficient) cruising version in a category I called FEsearch it just runs on 1/3 instead of standard

Last edited by Husksubsky; 11-13-13 at 05:22 PM.
Old 11-10-13, 10:28 PM   #24
Husksubsky
XO

Made a version I called patrolsearch autoscripts8x. That does not mean it s TC 8 everywhere ..far from it.. it just uses TC8 wherever it was TC4 in the other version. Also stripped down some 10-15 secs on the on station search in the "on station compressed" set. It was way more work than I thought and I regreted starting this. Had to adjust timeuse loads of places so commands didn t occur to close to each other. It uses same file as the other so it s safe to put in the back of modlist and try it out without taking the other out.(if you use v04 ofc) Found out a no st search 4x took about 2 mins and it was around 1:20 in the 8x version.

DL at post 1
Old 04-19-15, 03:20 PM   #25
Husksubsky
XO

New version at post 1
Old 04-20-15, 09:23 AM   #26
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Excellent work Husk!
Just tell can mod be enabled on top of old version or old version should be removed first from the modlist?
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-15, 06:32 PM   #27
Husksubsky
XO

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
Excellent work Husk!
Just tell can mod be enabled on top of old version or old version should be removed first from the modlist?
Can be put on top VDR
Thats why the file is (somewhat misleading)still called version 04. To overwrite. Just changed contents of file

Last edited by Husksubsky; 04-21-15 at 06:40 PM.
Old 05-08-15, 01:21 PM   #28
finchOU
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 77

Scripts are awesome but not working as advertised in my case. I'm running WOS. The No station FE scripts don't drop to slow speed for me. They also keep pushing my course 10-15 degrees left of course when they dive (so it continues left for each dive). I'm guessing you can't align your FE speed with what you set with TDWoptions file? I'm also guessing that the reason it keeps pushing left is because it orders a new course (90 degrees) based off current heading (for baffles check) and not the initial course you were on. I think this is because the boat orders a new course prior to actually being on the Baffles check course. I could be wrong but can you mod this for a 45 degree baffles check...since you really only need to turn over 30 degrees to check your baffles?

Is anyone else having these problems?

Thanks again for the work....this allows me to get work done around the house while playing.
finchOU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-15, 12:30 PM   #29
Husksubsky
XO

Quote:
Originally Posted by finchOU View Post
Scripts are awesome but not working as advertised in my case. I'm running WOS. The No station FE scripts don't drop to slow speed for me. They also keep pushing my course 10-15 degrees left of course when they dive (so it continues left for each dive). I'm guessing you can't align your FE speed with what you set with TDWoptions file? I'm also guessing that the reason it keeps pushing left is because it orders a new course (90 degrees) based off current heading (for baffles check) and not the initial course you were on. I think this is because the boat orders a new course prior to actually being on the Baffles check course. I could be wrong but can you mod this for a 45 degree baffles check...since you really only need to turn over 30 degrees to check your baffles?

Is anyone else having these problems?

Thanks again for the work....this allows me to get work done around the house while playing.
It sound like mods update is not installed.Does it use attackscope not obsscope?
The only mods I didnt check throughly was 128xFe. Can u pls tell wich script gives this problem? I used hours on timing and the ofcourse problem should be solved. The Fe and standard are similar xpt for surface speed. I speed up just before dive so it gets enough speed for diving fast enough.

45 degrees baffles sound ok and would save time but I m not gonna retime yet. U could try..just backup. The tool is in the documentation. Lots of different taste here. I currently change mine to 32x surface speed cause of planes, but not sure thats for all tastes. THAT is a quick easy fix..so is changing surface run time. Timing course change, raise scope depth, enter listeningstation without propeller noice etc is hell.

EDIT Erm ... I dont see the update installed in list
If it s installed ofc u checked that only data and documentation is within the the activated folder?
I checked with an A type and that is somewhat slower. It doesn t reach intended depth. However its usually so litttle time one use that boat. And even that didn t divert with more than one degree from intended course

Your second guessing is correct and is the reason for update. Not sure what first guess is, but the slowingdownpart of the surfacerun hasn t got anything with optionfile in any way I can think of.

Im glad u like it . We ll figure this out.
BTW if anyone wonder why theres a delay also in the non fe in the start, its sound cosmetic cause the messages one get after recharge complete came on top of depth announcement.

Last edited by Husksubsky; 05-15-15 at 11:44 PM.
Old 05-15-15, 02:12 PM   #30
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

4XTC is much better , thanks . The only problem I have with using it in my mega mod list is snorkel depth in rough seas . The periscope is underwater most of the time . Periscope depth would be much better .