SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-19-10, 01:37 PM   #61
Juliano
Helmsman

Downloads: 139
Uploads: 0

Yesterday I managed to get into a convoy and fired a salvo of 4 torpedoes and 1 from the stern. 4 of 5 of them hit, none of the ships sink.
I used the external cam to see what was going on and all ships hit had fires and where flooding but none sink.
Al the torps hit the bow or stern of the ships (I think the ships go down faster that way) but ir was useless

I was so frustrated that after waiting some time in TC to see what would happen, I imediatly closed the game
Maybe I just had bad luck?

Last edited by Juliano; 03-19-10 at 01:54 PM.
Juliano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-10, 01:59 PM   #62
MattDizzle
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Im using this mod with the BARF + Increased flooding time mod with fantastic results, I know that sounds like overkill but it means that ships sink with 1-3 torpedos now instead of 2-3, especially if you hit something that causes secondary explosions. Critical damage is done potentially with one torpedo but it doesnt just blow up and sink right away, it floats around for a while before sinking, usually by the nose (i tend to aim to far forward, cant explain why) Not in the vanilla game where they blow up and sink flat.

I still say the mods should be combined and tweaked to work together. But even as it sits it makes the sinking in the game top class. Kudos to both modders.

(Better and Realistic Flooding link again: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=164953)

Last edited by MattDizzle; 03-19-10 at 03:47 PM.
Old 03-21-10, 09:17 AM   #63
Pumbator
Watch

Downloads: 53

Well, I think that this mod is way better than stock.

Besides, even with 'stock' torpedoes you will probably sink a carrier with just one eel, and that's because everything on its deck will explode causing really big damage. It's this games one of many bugs.

Also, with stock torpedoes, I've sunk QE battleship with only 2 eels (shot 4, two missed), torpedoes hit the bows.

In stock, often even two torpedoes didn't start the flooding effect in even small merchants, which was quite... irritating.

Great mod, Darkreaver, thanks.
Pumbator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-10, 04:56 PM   #64
Darkreaver1980
Loader

Downloads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattDizzle View Post
Im using this mod with the BARF + Increased flooding time mod with fantastic results, I know that sounds like overkill but it means that ships sink with 1-3 torpedos now instead of 2-3, especially if you hit something that causes secondary explosions. Critical damage is done potentially with one torpedo but it doesnt just blow up and sink right away, it floats around for a while before sinking, usually by the nose (i tend to aim to far forward, cant explain why) Not in the vanilla game where they blow up and sink flat.

I still say the mods should be combined and tweaked to work together. But even as it sits it makes the sinking in the game top class. Kudos to both modders.

(Better and Realistic Flooding link again: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show....php?t=164953)
I also tried my mod with realistic flooding mod and having a blast now, its like both mods work perfectly together. i love how bigger ships are halfway under water for some time before they finaly sink
Darkreaver1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-10, 09:25 PM   #65
7thSeal
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 199

The critical hit spot must work, I wanted to be sure that I sunk a carrier that I setup on (3550m) so I fired all four tubes at him after getting dialed in. Well much to my surprise when the first one made impact the entire carrier began exploding. The second two hit afterward but he was already history with the first hit. The last one went a tad in front of him as he was stopped and already sinking.
7thSeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-10, 06:18 AM   #66
captainprid
Watch Officer

Downloads: 23

Excellent work....Lots more realistic
captainprid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-10, 06:23 AM   #67
Kumando
Commodore

Downloads: 283

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattDizzle View Post

(Better and Realistic Flooding link again: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show....php?t=164953)
Are you using the 2 mods together?
Kumando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-10, 08:44 PM   #68
MattDizzle
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Yes i am.

Sank a battleship with 1 or 2 torpedos. G7A from 1000 yards, is this unrealistic? I say "one or two" because i was so deep by the time they hit i didnt hear the explosions. slow speed can be useful sometimes.

edit: log says it was 2
Old 03-22-10, 08:57 PM   #69
7thSeal
Samurai Navy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkreaver1980 View Post
I also tried my mod with realistic flooding mod and having a blast now, its like both mods work perfectly together. i love how bigger ships are halfway under water for some time before they finaly sink
Yep, just added the BARF mod with yours after reading the comments about it and its indeed a match made in heaven.

Watching the ships slowly sink and seeing the pressured air spewing up from the ship as the waves slowly begin to wash over the deck never gets old.
Old 03-22-10, 09:23 PM   #70
MattDizzle
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

We must arrange for these mods to be merged or something, and become part of a larger supermod, this is how these things snowball! :P
Old 03-24-10, 09:30 PM   #71
pythos
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 46

You do realize it was ONE torpedo that took out the shokoku. It was because their fire and flood control was so horrible. But I think it was one or two torpedos out of 6 that were fired.

Torpedoes kill ships if they hit. The reason so many were fired was because they missed a lot. Either due to lousy aiming, or do to mechanical problems with the eel itself.

Go to you tube and watch vids of torpedoes hitting. They are devastating. A ship with a broken back was usually finished. A tanker hit just right, KABLAMO!!! A destroyer....vaporized. I don't understand how people can think torpedoes don't do all that much damage. depth charges compared to a torpedo are a joke.

I like the randomness of this mod.

I am sick of a burning tanker maintaining speed after getting hit by 3 stock torpedoes. I am hoping this will remove this issue.
pythos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-10, 11:57 PM   #72
Fixxxer46
Swabbie

Downloads: 10

I downloaded this mod + the "Better and Realistic Flooding" because i thought it was more realistic. (from YouTube videos)

I can usually sink ships now with 1-2 torpedoes that took 3 or more!

That's what should really happen, if you hit the ship is dead; and i love it!

Great mod!
Fixxxer46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-10, 06:44 AM   #73
Darkreaver1980
Loader

Downloads: 11

How is the damage now? To strong, to weak? Seems like i got it right
Darkreaver1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-10, 08:38 AM   #74
7thSeal
Samurai Navy

In addition with the BRF mod I'd say you got it right. Sometimes I find myself tailing them after putting one or two hits in them and sometimes they eventually sink and others it takes another shot or just finishing with the deck gun. It changes up with each size of the ships which makes it great.
Old 03-28-10, 09:28 AM   #75
abclkhan
Loader

Downloads: 169

Hey guys do tou realize there is an ability you can add to the torpedoman which incereases damage done by torpedoes?
abclkhan is offline   Reply With Quote