SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-06-07, 03:30 AM   #16
Klaus_Doldinger
Planesman

Downloads: 13
Uploads: 0

Simply copy the contents of folder 1 in folder 2, 3 and so on and remember to follow the usual JSGME structure: mode folder/data/...

Regarding Type XXI, I don´t know, I never use it. My favourite ships are Types VIIB and C and sometimes (like in my actual campaign) a Type IX: I want to have a trip in the Caribbean Sea...
Note: I´m also a computer-incompetent
GWX 3.0
GWX 16 Km atmosphere
GWX no medals on crew
GWX open hatch
GWX Saint Nazaire, Schleuse and units
OLC GUI 1.2.7
Thomsen´s sound
Torpedo damage final
Rubini´s lifeboats and debris
D.i.D.
Klaus_Doldinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-07, 05:11 AM   #17
Borgneface
Captain

Downloads: 655
Default Thank you for taking time to answer

Thank you Klaus_Doldinger & Nikbear for your complete and clear reply and comments. After reading your posts, I just went to check those famous folder and I discoverd that they were all empy except of course the 1.....It never crossed my mind to check them. Like you say, so many modders always make their work JSGME ready....Anyway All clear.

My favorite sub are alos the VIIB & C and I am actually playing my longer campaign ever, -th patrol on a Type VIIC
And yes from time to time a trip the the hot seas with type IX

Good hunt
Old 10-06-07, 01:42 PM   #18
chris
Torpedoman

Downloads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikbear
I and some others asked this last time about the other mod chris did and never got an answer people don't (or won't) understand that some of us aren't as computer savvy as the rest and need some help regarding this issue.Why modders don't use JSGME is beyond me its so much easier for people to use and if there are any conflicts with anything you are using,2 clicks and its gone,simple. as the saying goes "it doesn't make you any better a carpenter because you can bang nails into wood with your bare hands,the smart guy uses a hammer"

Dear Mr. Nikbear,

last time, I remember, I gave you an answer. Also I wrote, that I didn´t promise to you anything.

I`am sorry, if you are not amused about the free sound-addon for SH. Please excus e me, that I didn´t spend more free-time to make it still easier for you, as I already explained in the actual readme - the easy steps to make the mod JGSME compatible.

Maybe you should think about, that it could give reasons to do it in the way I have done.

The actual mod has a size of about 15 MB. If I would make the mod JGSME compatible, I would have to upload 135 MB (15 x 9 copy into sound-folders). This means to me hours of uploading time, because I only have a very old analog-modem.

Kind regards
Einbecker
chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-07, 02:11 PM   #19
nikbear
Sea Lord

Downloads: 86

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikbear
I and some others asked this last time about the other mod chris did and never got an answer people don't (or won't) understand that some of us aren't as computer savvy as the rest and need some help regarding this issue.Why modders don't use JSGME is beyond me its so much easier for people to use and if there are any conflicts with anything you are using,2 clicks and its gone,simple. as the saying goes "it doesn't make you any better a carpenter because you can bang nails into wood with your bare hands,the smart guy uses a hammer"

Dear Mr. Nikbear,

last time, I remember, I gave you an answer. Also I wrote, that I didn´t promise to you anything.

I`am sorry, if you are not amused about the free sound-addon for SH. Please excus e me, that I didn´t spend more free-time to make it still easier for you, as I already explained in the actual readme - the easy steps to make the mod JGSME compatible.

Maybe you should think about, that it could give reasons to do it in the way I have done.

The actual mod has a size of about 15 MB. If I would make the mod JGSME compatible, I would have to upload 135 MB (15 x 9 copy into sound-folders). This means to me hours of uploading time, because I only have a very old analog-modem.

Kind regards
Einbecker
I'm sorry if My comments seem to be a critisim,they are not meant to be as such,far from it your work is of the highest calibre and comes with the greatest recomendation its just for computer thicky's like me its hard to deal with mods that are not the simplest to employ,you have to remember that some of us are not as talented as you
Old 04-21-08, 05:06 AM   #20
Barbac
Helmsman

Downloads: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris

Notice: I have combined one sound with WeO/WaO order, which I do not use.
WeO/WaO_K/P/S_Marking_nearest_ship > (Diesel engine start)

Table of content
  • Diesel engine start: To start the engines manuell, it was necessary to combine the sound with one the officers orders. WeO/WaO order was the best way, because it allows to overlay the normal engine sound to the start sequence. Also you can start the engines when you are using the snorkel.
  • Rudder electric power steering: Different sounds for port/starboard inclusive evasion maneuver (Double turn port/starboard) and order (Returning to course)
  • Trim pump: When pressing key for dive and setting the new depth manuell on the depth gauge. If you are on silent running, you will only hear the dive planes switches
  • Radar: different electric engines sounds for Radar extend and rotation
  • Recharging batteries
  • Standard propulsion
Addon for XXI
  • Extend dive planes: ChE_K/P/S_Periscope_depth
  • Tube automatic loading system
Of course you can use it for all other typ of u-boats!

To make this mod JSGME compatible, it is necessary to copy the files from folder 1 into the folders 2 –9. Spirit of machines Audioevent Vol. 1.0 was tested with SilentHunter III Patch 1.4b but without warranties of any kind. It is strictly forbidden to use this mod for commercial purposes of any kind.
Credits: Special thanks goes to the modders of „Das Boot“ Sound Mod.

http://hosted.filefront.com/einbecker/
Hi folks,

Do you know about any problem using both Command & Combat Audioevent Vol. 2.0 (already JSGMed)and Spirit of Machines Audioevent Vol. 1.0 when running GWX2.1 ?

Barbac
Barbac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-08, 06:09 AM   #21
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Some cool sounds there matey

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-08, 09:05 AM   #22
Barbac
Helmsman

Thx Jim so I guess I can use them in the same time

Barbac
Old 04-22-08, 03:22 AM   #23
Barbac
Helmsman

Barbac replies to Barbac

Yes it works so threa
Old 04-22-08, 07:15 AM   #24
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

LOL....I haven't tried it 'in game' yet, only listened to the sounds

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-08, 08:06 AM   #25
Barbac
Helmsman

... d closed

Then you should try it Jim, just JSGME Comand&combat V2.0 and Spirit of the Machines V 1.0 as they do work pretty well together (at least with GWX 2.1). Much realism and no "too much" sounds

Barbac