Click here to access the Tanksim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Tanksim.com

Old 03-08-10, 04:37 AM   #211
Chucky
Planesman

Downloads: 90
Uploads: 0

It's a good job ZeeWolf isn't getting dragged down with this insane talk of members cats,crutches and pink tanks! What a mix?

I would rather hope he is working hard on the Kursk mod.Maybe he has looked in and thought 'half my members are actually quite insane'

On the other hand,a little mod that allowed you to place a graphic of your choice on the turret would be quite cool.
I have seen in various documentaries that the Americans/British had names on their tanks,not sure if that was allowed in the German Army?
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-10, 07:06 AM   #212
frinik
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 0
Default Markings!

Chucky, I read this weekend that soldiers of the 12th SS Panzer Hitlerjugend used to name their tanks after their girlfriends names.the Germans too would give names to their planes, guns etc.

As for dragging ZW into this insane talk hey it's him who dragged us into this in the first place with his Kursk mod and membership.Now he has to accept whatever comes with it

Cheers
frinik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-10, 09:01 AM   #213
Chucky
Planesman

Well that settles it.I want 'Tiffany' written on my tank.The enemy aren't to know it's my cats name and not my girlfriend.

I wouldn't suggest you call your tank 'Spotty' though Frinik,you may get some funny looks

You guys crack me up,Chucky.
Old 03-10-10, 02:23 AM   #214
LcSummers
XO

Downloads: 341
Default Serious

[QUOTE=frinik;1301349]Lc this is pure genious on your part " a jumping cat on top of crossed crutches "this is a wonderful and absolutely great idea!That would be an excellent an original .

Hello fellow members,

you re right, lets be serious again. I want to mention two or three things.

Frinik do you think that our logo will be possible? It would be nice, i like this idea. Do you asked ZW?

Chucky, i know only one Tiger I Tank with a name on its turret. I dont know exactly i must look in my Tiger book, but i can remember that it is a tank in italy on a visit. Its name is something like TIKLI, but i have to read it in my book if you want.

Another strange thing. Do you remember my problem installing files in the TvT folder? It must be something with the game itself.
I bought Silent Hunter 5 and installed many mods. SH5 let me install folders and files without any questions or problems. This wont work with TvT. STRANGE.

Cheers

LC
LcSummers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-10, 08:28 AM   #215
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default MARKINGS

Lc I haven't spoken with ZW about our logo yet as he is very busy with \kursk and I don't want to interrupt him with our little "ideas" After Kursk is released whe n his mind is less focussed I will make a drawing, submit it to you guys and once agreed ask him if he is willing to paste it on our tanks!

Chcuky are you in on this too Man?I won't name my tank by I want the crossed crutches and cat( like the Pirates Jolly Rogers flag) as our platoon markings.
CHEERS
Old 03-10-10, 12:27 PM   #216
LcSummers
XO

Quote:
Originally Posted by frinik View Post
Lc I haven't spoken with ZW about our logo yet as he is very busy with \kursk and I don't want to interrupt him with our little "ideas" After Kursk is released whe n his mind is less focussed I will make a drawing, submit it to you guys and once agreed ask him if he is willing to paste it on our tanks!

Chcuky are you in on this too Man?I won't name my tank by I want the crossed crutches and cat( like the Pirates Jolly Rogers flag) as our platoon markings.
CHEERS

Hi frinik,

yes, someone or you has to make drawings as i am not a talented "painter". Do you have any ideas? I mean should it be simply white or a little bit coloured as the 506th Panzerabteilung?
This would be a nice platoon marking but we have to ask the oher members if they dont like that logo but i surley put it on my tank if available.

Regards

LC
Old 03-10-10, 12:52 PM   #217
Chucky
Planesman

I've swapped my tracks for propellers for a while.Yes,I have bought Silent Hunter 5.

I may be quiet for a while,assuming the Ubi servers don't go down again.

Yes I want to name my tank.As for the logos,I would like to see some.

I will name my tank 'Get yours here,courtesy of the German Army'
Old 03-10-10, 11:30 PM   #218
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default Loco Logo

Lc, I'll make a drawing no worries! How about pink crossed crutches and above a jumping black and white cat(Tiffany style), a bit like the jumping greyhound(the bus company) logo.No I haven't smoked anything and unlike Chucky I don't hit the gin...

Whatchoo think?
Old 03-11-10, 10:35 AM   #219
LcSummers
XO

Default LOGO

Quote:
Lc, I'll make a drawing no worries! How about pink crossed crutches and above a jumping black and white cat(Tiffany style), a bit like the jumping greyhound(the bus company) logo.No I haven't smoked anything and unlike Chucky I don't hit the gin...

Whatchoo think?
Frinik, when you draw your logo i will see, its a little bit hard to imagine (for me). When i see that logo then we can still talk about the colour. So my idea is that you are making two of them, one white and the other as you mentioned. Hope you like my idea

Looking forward

Thanks

LC
Old 03-12-10, 02:33 AM   #220
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default Markings

Ok Lc, I'll make a couple of drafts and you can pick the one you like best!

The cats and crutches tank battalion....I like the sound of it.

Cheers
Old 03-15-10, 12:32 PM   #221
LcSummers
XO

Default Ready

Quote:
Ok Lc, I'll make a couple of drafts and you can pick the one you like best!

The cats and crutches tank battalion....I like the sound of it.

Cheers

Hi Frinik,

this weekend we should have a GO. What about the logo? Any progress? Want to have that logo when Kursk will be released.

Thanks

LC
Old 03-15-10, 12:37 PM   #222
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default It's coming!

Sorry Lc, I have been sick the last 12 days with a nasty bronchitis which has taken a lot of my energy.Plus I was doing some testing for FW and trying to get the hang of SF mission editor.I promise to work on it and produce something by the weekend or else you can cancel my leave and I 'll have to wash all of the Zug's Tigers on time for Der Tag!

Cheers.
Old 03-16-10, 07:05 AM   #223
LcSummers
XO

Default be careful

Quote:
Sorry Lc, I have been sick the last 12 days with a nasty bronchitis which has taken a lot of my energy.Plus I was doing some testing for FW and trying to get the hang of SF mission editor.I promise to work on it and produce something by the weekend or else you can cancel my leave and I 'll have to wash all of the Zug's Tigers on time for Der Tag!

Cheers.
Hi frinik

be careful with your illnes. Dont care about the logo the most important is that you recover yourself and be ready when Kursk is released. Save your energy.

LC
Old 03-16-10, 10:12 AM   #224
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default Cough

Thanks for your kind concern Lc.However I must point out that it must be those noxious fumes from that Panzer I you assigned me to drive
Old 03-17-10, 05:02 AM   #225
LcSummers
XO

Default Gasmask

Quote:
Thanks for your kind concern Lc.However I must point out that it must be those noxious fumes from that Panzer I you assigned me to drive

Frinik i appreciate you to wear a gasmask when you driving a Panzer I. But i think when battle beginns i will promote you to drive a Tiger again but only when our logo will be presented on that kitty

LC