SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > COLD WATERS > Mods Workshop for Cold Waters
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-05-18, 05:57 PM   #1
AlphaSnowDragon
Nub

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 1
Default Audio Mod - Seawolf EY circuit

Morning everyone!

Someone linked me to a file of the Seawolf's EY circuit, it's recorded voice telling crew that everything's exploding. I quite like the voice, and I thought that having some more -emotionally- evoking audio would be good for my streams, so I did a bit of audio editing and produced a little mod.

It's only five files, only for flooding, but it seems to have a good effect.

Flooding, flooding, in the control room
Flooding, flooding, in the engine room
Flooding, flooding, in the reactor auxiliary machinery space
Flooding, flooding, in the reactor compartment
Flooding, flooding, in the torpedo room

I've got another hack job which replaces certain system damage alerts with fire alarms for a bit more urgency, and there's clips of the EY circuit announcing fire, so let me know if that's something I should pursue.

On site download now available! http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=5338

Download via Dropbox - https://www.dropbox.com/s/kwhbogsg1j...ction3.7z?dl=0

Readme on installation is included.

Last edited by AlphaSnowDragon; 03-13-18 at 12:51 AM.
AlphaSnowDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-18, 06:20 PM   #2
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Default welcome aboard!

AlphaSnowDragon!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-18, 12:19 AM   #3
EnjoyableSTIG
Seaman

Downloads: 68

Can you upload this to the website? That way it has more legitimacy...

I do like the idea however.
EnjoyableSTIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-18, 02:19 AM   #4
AlphaSnowDragon
Nub

I actually have no idea how to attachment, er, attachments to posts - I can't seem to find it anywhere. Am I just blind?
Old 02-14-18, 10:04 PM   #5
The Bandit
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 39

Hey can't wait to see this. PM one of the admins on here about and they will give you access to upload the mods you've created.
Old 02-16-18, 10:16 AM   #6
Digital_Trucker
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 141
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaSnowDragon View Post
I actually have no idea how to attachment, er, attachments to posts - I can't seem to find it anywhere. Am I just blind?
Sticky: [TEC] Do you have a mod for Cold Waters and you want to host it at Subsim? Here's how!

RSM-GIEP-Killflags-LV Tribute-Playable Elco __Peace be with you, Dave.

Digital_Trucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-18, 12:50 AM   #7
AlphaSnowDragon
Nub

Now with bonus SubSim Download link!

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=5338

Lead post has been edited to match - Let me know how you guys like it!
Old 03-14-18, 05:23 PM   #8
C-Wolf
Watch

Downloads: 2

We called her, "The Bitc# in the Box". She also voiced the computer doing the self-destruct countdown in "The Andromeda Strain". A picture of her hung in the wardroom.

The EY circuit on the Wolf was the only one of its kind. Supposedly, the shrinks thought the crew would react better to a woman's voice telling us bad news. Well, not all bad news. . .

I'd been aboard the ship for about an hour when over the 1MC (General announcing circuit) I hear a woman's voice proclaiming, "High Bilge Level in the Torpedo Room." I look at my boss who was showing me around, and with a smile he says, "Oh yeah, we have women aboard too." That was the standard response to all the new guys when they first heard her. Sometimes when taking an angle while going to periscope depth, the bilge sensors would trip and then open, cutting her report off, so you'd hear, "High Bill, High Bill" over and over. There were forty channels of messages and two were unused, which is why when a EY Circuit test was conducted, (which is what is being played on the website) it would end with, "Spare Channel 39, Spare Channel 40".

The system was small and was similar to a record player. Each compartment had fire and flooding alarms with specific shapes so you could differentiate them in the dark (or smoke, but that's another story.) There were also the afore-mentioned bilge sensors and valve closure sensors on the flood control accumulators which automatically closed all sea valves in a specific compartment. If she announced, "Flooding, flooding. . . In the Engine Room." -- the next thing you wanted to hear her say, (indicating someone hit the flood control accumulator closure valve) was, "Valve Closure Action Taken".

I could (and still can) do her voice perfectly, and woke a lot of guys up by making announcements next to their racks when they were asleep. We'd duct tape their curtains shut, and I'd do a Fire or Flooding message- the poor guy inside would bounce around half-asleep trying to escape. We were all automatically programmed to leap out of our racks at the sound of her voice.

Fun stuff. The uniqueness never ended with that boat.

Sagire, Classis, Destructum!
C-Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote