SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-10, 06:58 AM   #61
JScones
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paco View Post
Hi,

I decided to install GWX3. It works fine in my ubuntu 9.10 64 Bit. But the I have trouble with the MOD-Enabler, I cant select the Mods to install into the game.

The screenshot describes my trouble, any ideas? The given path is ok, i see 19 Mods in status, but noone in the list.
Thanks,
Paco.
JSGME is only supported on native Windows XP, Vista and 7.
Old 03-26-10, 07:03 AM   #62
JScones
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck_O View Post
Can anyone inform me, is it possible to ruin you SHIII installation by installing mods via JSGME, if say you try enabling mods in an improper sequence?
If you use JSGME to enable a mod, even if you screw up the mod folder structure, then disabling the mod will return things nicely to how they were.

Quote:
I was under the impression that if you tried a certain sequence of mods & they didn't work, then you simply undo it, & try to get it right, no harm done to your stock SHIII installation.
Correct.

Quote:
The reason I ask is that I have been swapping in & out diffrent GUI's in order to find one that best suits my personal taste. Some have a compatibility issue w/ my favorite mods. And I'm scared to try mixing if it will ruin my stock SHIII install.

for instance ACM OLC Gui reloaded does not have a fix for DD OH v3.09.( I dont use FM new interior, cause my puter won't run it). If I try using FM fix for ACM reloded as a fill in, might I risk corrupting my game if it doesn't work?
There's also the cloth map, the anvart mods etc.... should I try , or hold off if there is a compatibility warning?
Mod compatibility is not something that is within JSGME's scope. You need to raise mod compatibility issues directly with each individual mod maker; most effectively in their release thread.
Old 03-27-10, 03:18 AM   #63
JScones
Navy Seal

A QUESTION ABOUT FUNCTIONALITY

Currently you can export a list of your activated mods to a text file that you can then open and copy the contents to the clipboard for pasting into forum posts and the like.

Would people prefer this option be *replaced* with a simple "Copy activated mods list to clipboard" task?

This change will mean you simply select the option from the task list and then you can paste your list without the hassle of intermediary text files. If you do want a text file, then you can very easily and simply paste straight into one yourself.

Just floating this as an idea - let me know what you guys prefer...

Last edited by JScones; 03-27-10 at 03:35 AM.
Old 03-27-10, 03:37 AM   #64
kylania
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 117

Quote:
Originally Posted by JScones View Post
Would people prefer this option be *replaced* with a simple "Copy activated mods list to clipboard" task?
I vote "Yes"! Copy to clipboard is more than enough for this particular feature for me.

Old 03-27-10, 06:36 AM   #65
melnibonian
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 90

Quote:
Would people prefer this option be *replaced* with a simple "Copy activated mods list to clipboard" task?..
Sounds like a good idea, but I am happy either way
Old 03-27-10, 07:02 AM   #66
Anvart
Admiral

Downloads: 122
Uploads: 1

JScones, many thanks for next release.

Moses said: "Don't create yourself an idol"...
Old 03-27-10, 08:15 AM   #67
irish1958
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 320
Uploads: 11

I like it the way it is.
What I would like to see is a function such as in CMDR to change only one or a few lines in the game files, such as is done with the config file function of CMDR.
Old 03-27-10, 09:03 AM   #68
Flopper
Weps

Downloads: 107

Quote:
Either way is fine. IMO, the ultimate would be to just allow a normal highlight and copy from that (listbox?) with ctrl + c, and maybe throw a "copy" item on your right-click context menu. No idea what language you're using, but in case it's .net, here's the keystroke vb code ready to plug in:

Code:
Private Sub ListBox1_KeyDown(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Windows.Forms.KeyEventArgs) Handles ListBox1.KeyDown
        If e.Control Then
            If e.KeyCode = Keys.C Then
                Dim strContents As String = ""
                For j As Integer = 0 To ListBox1.SelectedItems.Count - 1
                    strContents += ListBox1.SelectedItems(j).ToString & vbNewLine
                Next
                Clipboard.SetText(strContents)
            End If
        End If
    End Sub

Last edited by Flopper; 03-27-10 at 09:37 AM.
Old 03-27-10, 09:33 AM   #69
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:

Affirmative to that Jaesen....but not an 'essential' for me.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online  
Old 03-27-10, 01:13 PM   #70
LGN1
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 12

Hi all,

I prefer the present version. I frequently use it to have a list with the ordering of my activated mods. In contrast, I never use it for posting in the web It is just a matter of what I do more often.

Cheers, LGN1
Old 03-28-10, 03:50 AM   #71
JScones
Navy Seal

OK, seems fairly divided, so I've done this:

So far the next version will include the above enhancement, as well as a new help file (aspects of it are here).

I've also updated the development software I use so the next version will be Vista/7 native, meaning that those with these newer OS's will get the familiar Vista/7 look and feel. This has no impact on XP users, who will conitnue to get the same look and feel as now.

Last edited by JScones; 03-28-10 at 06:56 AM.
Old 03-28-10, 07:56 AM   #72
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
OK, seems fairly divided, so I've done this:

So far the next version will include the above enhancement, as well as a new help file (aspects of it are here).

I've also updated the development software I use so the next version will be Vista/7 native, meaning that those with these newer OS's will get the familiar Vista/7 look and feel. This has no impact on XP users, who will conitnue to get the same look and feel as now.
Rgr that matey

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online  
Old 04-02-10, 06:07 AM   #73
JScones
Navy Seal

OK, I'm working on v2.4 now. So far I've:

- Added ability to copy the list of activated mods to the clipboard (as above)
- Added /s switch for saving mod profiles (a feature that's been requested via email a number of times)
- Added new Help file (20 page PDF file covering how to use JSGME)
- Now optimised for use with Microsoft Vista and Windows 7 (means the exe file size has doubled to just over 1mb, but it's now truly Vista and Win 7 compatible)
- Minor modifications to the behaviour of the "Tasks..." menu

Any other features you'd like to see?
Old 04-02-10, 06:52 AM   #74
Flopper
Weps

Downloads: 107

Quote:
OK, I'm working on v2.4 now. So far I've:

- Added ability to copy the list of activated mods to the clipboard (as above)
- Added /s switch for saving mod profiles (a feature that's been requested via email a number of times)
- Added new Help file (20 page PDF file covering how to use JSGME)
- Now optimised for use with Microsoft Vista and Windows 7 (means the exe file size has doubled to just over 1mb, but it's now truly Vista and Win 7 compatible)
- Minor modifications to the behaviour of the "Tasks..." menu

Any other features you'd like to see?
Just an idea... check to see if the game is already running, and give a warning if you're trying to enable a mod.

Old 04-02-10, 07:56 AM   #75
Oldendorf
Nub

Downloads: 25

Just a question about JSGME (I hope it is not off-topic):

Is there a simple way to have multiple icons added to desktop to start SH3 with different mods? e.g. one icon to start SH3+GWX, and another icon to start SH3+GWX+E-boat. Untill now I have disabled and enabled the various mods manually every time, but its a bit cumbersome and very easy to make a mistake (incorrect order changes behavior of some mods).

Thanks in advance.
Closed Thread