SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-05-13, 01:07 PM   #166
sublynx
Sea Lord

Location: In the conning tower of my VIIC scanning the sea through the periscope
Downloads: 173
Uploads: 7

I have not tried SH3Speech but I have solved a similar problem of how to make speech recognition work with Il-2: 1946 when running a Finnish version of 64-bit Windows 7 Home Edition.

I managed to change my Windows 7 into an English version with this program:

http://www.froggie.sk/

After changing Windows into an English speaking version, all speech recognition programs started working again, like they did before, when I ran XP.

Another solution would be to upgrade your Windows 7 into Professional version. I understand that the Pro version lets you change your system language at will.
sublynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-13, 02:17 PM   #167
Dronston
Lieutenant

Downloads: 68
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sublynx View Post
I have not tried SH3Speech but I have solved a similar problem of how to make speech recognition work with Il-2: 1946 when running a Finnish version of 64-bit Windows 7 Home Edition.

I managed to change my Windows 7 into an English version with this program:

http://www.froggie.sk/

After changing Windows into an English speaking version, all speech recognition programs started working again, like they did before, when I ran XP.

Another solution would be to upgrade your Windows 7 into Professional version. I understand that the Pro version lets you change your system language at will.
If I could I would give you a manly hug ! For me this was the tip of the decade so far!

I prefer an English OS because it helps me to use the international community better when I try to solve computer problems. At the moment I purchased my Dutch OS I didn't really have a choice. I am very happy I have English now, although some of my software is still in Dutch but time will fix that

But this time I got my cake and was able to eat it too!!!!
Indeed voice recognition works now on my pc and I have already ordered my crew to take the ship down to near crush depth and take it back up safely again. It takes a little getting used to but certainly adds to the experience.

Thanks again for that awesome link

Old 10-05-13, 02:28 PM   #168
BigWalleye
Sea Lord

Downloads: 465

ALL RIGHT!!!
BigWalleye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-13, 02:33 PM   #169
Dronston
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWalleye View Post
ALL RIGHT!!!
And thanks to you sir for plotting the right course for me...
Old 10-05-13, 04:16 PM   #170
sublynx
Sea Lord

Location: In the conning tower of my VIIC scanning the sea through the periscope
Downloads: 173
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dronston View Post
Thanks again for that awesome link :salute
No problem Great, that it worked for you!
sublynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-13, 07:34 PM   #171
Dronston
Lieutenant

I have some hours now with the speech mod and I still like it, getting used to the commands now some more. I use "press to talk" so when in a sticky situation I can still give clear orders by using the regular keyboard commands. With the voice it's still a bit unpredictable at stressful situations, like unexpectedly going into a crash dive in shallow waters

However, it's very cool to shout "ALARM" and have the Chief take her down ASAP while I'm leaning back in my chair... and then ask him to level out the boat.

I speak some German but the English commands seem to work better in this mod. (obviously)

Good stuff
Old 10-07-13, 06:26 AM   #172
BigWalleye
Sea Lord

Dronston, I'm glad you are enjoying sh3speech. Eric Knepfler created a neat addition there, and I don't think many people know it exists.

if you look in the voice_commands.csv file, the "German" commands are actually German phoneticized for the English-language speech rec engine. The phoneticized German in Tomcat2's manual is what the engine is looking for, not Deutch! So "Periscope depth" becomes "Auf seeroar teefeh gayhen." If you don't speak German with a strong American accent, the speech rec engine may get confused!

For realism, I use a live mic. It sometimes has comical results. I have a tendency to mutter under my breath during approaches. -"C'mon, baby, zig!" - and the speech rec does its best to interpret and execute whatever it thinks I said. And then there was the time my wife called me to dinner, and I answered her....

Good luck and good hunting! Enjoy the voice command!
Old 10-18-13, 09:24 AM   #173
maurice076
Sailor man

Downloads: 27

Wow I am one that never seen this before.I'm putting my sh3 on a new computer,and was thinking of starting a fresh campaign,definitly going to add this to it.Thanks for everyones hard work,I can't wait!
maurice076 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-14, 09:44 AM   #174
Smeghead
Nub

Downloads: 11

Does anyone have or know how to modify the .CSV files to work with Conus widescreen mod? resolution of 1360x768.
I've tried changing the res in the .bat file but that has no effect, all the other commands work perfectly fine I just can't order things like "helm come left 5 degres" and such.

The mouse moves and clicks but its going in the wrong place, if anything it looks like its going according to default res so more or less middle of the screen slightly right.

This is killing me, I've been modding for hours, breaking, fixing and resinstalling and this is the very last thing I need. I've looked at all the documentation and can't figure out how to edit all those positions correctly in the csv ... itd take me many days lol, please someone help.
Smeghead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-14, 04:01 PM   #175
Friedl9te
Lieutenant

Downloads: 37

Quote:
Dronston, I'm glad you are enjoying sh3speech. Eric Knepfler created a neat addition there, and I don't think many people know it exists.

if you look in the voice_commands.csv file, the "German" commands are actually German phoneticized for the English-language speech rec engine. The phoneticized German in Tomcat2's manual is what the engine is looking for, not Deutch! So "Periscope depth" becomes "Auf seeroar teefeh gayhen." If you don't speak German with a strong American accent, the speech rec engine may get confused!
The Windows speech rec engine understands german as well, since Win Vista. Attached you find the file voice_commands.txt
But mind it is not a txt file but a 7z file. Due to the limitations of fileextensions for uploads I had to rename the extension. Regardles of the fileextension you can unzip it with 7-Zip an get voice_commands.csv which contains the correct german orders.
Attached Files
File Type: txt voice_commands .txt (6.5 KB, 15 views)

Friedl9te
Friedl9te SilentHunter III Help Thread (Sorry in German)
Friedl9te is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-14, 05:04 PM   #176
BigWalleye
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friedl9te View Post
The Windows speech rec engine understands german as well, since Win Vista. Attached you find the file voice_commands.txt
But mind it is not a txt file but a 7z file. Due to the limitations of fileextensions for uploads I had to rename the extension. Regardles of the fileextension you can unzip it with 7-Zip an get voice_commands.csv which contains the correct german orders.
Yebbut, AFAIK, the German voice rec capability is not included in Windows as sold in the US. In fact, I'm not sure the US version can handle anything but American standard pronunciation for English.
Old 02-18-14, 07:04 PM   #177
Friedl9te
Lieutenant

Downloads: 37

Quote:
Yebbut, AFAIK, the German voice rec capability is not included in Windows as sold in the US. In fact, I'm not sure the US version can handle anything but American standard pronunciation for English.
Maybe this can help http://www.froggie.sk

Friedl9te
Friedl9te SilentHunter III Help Thread (Sorry in German)
Friedl9te is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-14, 01:19 AM   #178
Einhanded
Swabbie

Downloads: 87
Default This Rocks! Nerding out Hardcore!

Lovin' this mod!!

Had a bit of an issue due to the resolution patch, but all is well in my boat!

my tribute;

Einhanded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-16, 08:03 AM   #179
Smeghead
Nub

Downloads: 11

Hi folks! My it's been a while since there was a post, trying to get SH3Speech to work with a 1080p version of GWX using Ahnenerbe WideGui 1920 x 1080. Just wondering if anyone out there has an already edited file to make the commands click the right areas on the dials and whatnot? Not looking forward to having to shift everything over myself :P
Smeghead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-16, 05:29 PM   #180
Pomf666
Swabbie

Downloads: 10

Does anyone have this mod somewhere? The links in OP are dead.
Pomf666 is offline   Reply With Quote