SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-05-10, 10:35 PM   #16
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Continue:

1. Open the NSS_Akizuki.dat file
2. Open 87 node:-NDD_Akizuki_F
3. Find the A01 node.
4. Select the item just above it.
5. Right click and "Append New chunk/Nodes (type 4)/Node (type 4/100)"
6 The node will go to the bottom of the list.
7. Select the node you just made and right click and "Append New Child Chunk/Label (type 8/0)
8. In the box to the right that says Name: <New Label>. Replace <new label> with slot_A01_Akizuki.
9. Go back up and select 87:node NDD_Akizuki_F and copy the ID.
10. Paste the ID in the Parent ID of the new node you made. Mine is 107:Node-slot_A01Akizuki. Your number may be different.

11. The slot A01 node should now be just above the cfg#A01.
12. Now you need to put the cfg "inside" the slot node.
13. Select the 107:Node slot_A01_Akizuki, copy the ID.
14. Select the 110:Node-Cfg#A01_NDD_Akizuki. Now here you will notice the Parent ID is not is a box. It is already linked, to change it you have to hold down Ctrl and Click on it. The Paste the ID that you just copied. The cfg A01 should indent under the Slot A01.

15. Now select the cfg#A01 so you can create a Slot for A02, so you want it to be created below the A01.
16. With cfg#A01 selected, follow the same procedure as above except now it is A02, New chunk-Node, New Child chunk- Label, add the slot_A02_Akizuki in the name box, copy the NDD_Akizuki_F ID and paste into the Slot A02 Parent ID, Copy A02 ID and paste into cfg#A02 Parent ID.

17. Now copy the Node: slot_A01_Akizuki ID
18 Open the NSS_Akizuki.sim file.
19 Find the CamUsersDataCfg that controlls the A01 gun. Paste into the Parent ID.
20. Go back to .dat copy slot A02 ID, go to sim paste into Parent ID of the A02 camera controller.
21. Save the .sim file.

Now close everything, we want to start fresh so there are no mistake on this part. You will most likely have to start over with the .dat, .sim. zon etc if you mess this up. NO, NO don't close Subsim you won't be able to read what to do........Hello, hey come back.

You are going to "Remap IDs" so all those IDs don't cause conflicts.
1. Open S3D
2. Open NSS_Akizuki.dat
3. On the top on S3D to the right click on .sim, just let them open on top of each other.
4. Click on zon
5. Click on val
6. Click on cam
7, Click on dsd
Now you have all the windows open.
8. Go to the menu/Tools/Remap IDs
9 A window will open, click on Random this time and ONLY this time, do NOT click it again.
10. Click OK.
11. File/Save
12. File/Close the dsd
13. Menu/Tools/Remap Ids. Click OK
14. File Save (.cam)
15. File/Close
17. Continue with each: Remap Ids, OK, Save, Close. When you have them all done, close S3D.

Now just for a test, go to the NSS_Akizuki.upcge file and open with notepad. If you used the find/Replace to rename the info from Asashio to Akizuki or if you renamed all of them, we need to change one of them back to Asashio so we can see if the ship works.
Scroll down ....way down, until you find the UpgradePackSlot section or do a "find" for: Upack5InchDoubleAkizuki That is the playable deckgun, but it will cause the game to crash since we have not built your gun yet. Change it back to this: Upack5InchDoubleAsashio.

Edit: I forgot one node. Before you delete the Asashio folder. Go to the NSS_Asashio.dat and open the Asashio_B node and find the Japan_FLG. Do a Shift+Ctrl and 'C" Use C not X , this time it gets copied not deleted. Then Open the Akizuki.dat file and open the Akizuki_F node and put it in there somewhere. Then select the node Akzuki_F, copy the ID and make it "parent ID' on the flag. On the flag ID click the NEW to give it a new ID. In the Linked 3D model section there is a 'material list', delete the ID and then Select Add/Add and from the list choose Japan_m.tga.

Now if you have been working in the Asashio Mod folder you will still have the Asashio in the Submarine folder. Take the Asashio folder out of the Mod and leave the Akizuki folder in there. Back out to the main folder and copy it to your MODs folder, enable it. (just to be sure, it should be the only MOD enabled so we know if it works or not)

Start Sh4. The Mod contained a German Single Mission called Convoy Guardian. Play that and see if it works. Your deck crew will be in mid-air and your view will not be where it belongs but if you did everything right it should work at this point. If it works, look at the top of the bridge, there is an AA gun up there. You may have to move that to put your view up there since the bridge has no windows. Unless you can do 3D and put in a bridge, and open the windows.

If this works we will make the gun, the Asashio 5" is on there right now.

The DD is not done, but it should work. Let me know.

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

Last edited by peabody; 06-06-10 at 11:40 AM.
peabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-10, 06:24 AM   #17
L.T
Torpedoman

Downloads: 25
Uploads: 0

now i know what to do monday

tx m8 have a good sunday
L.T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-11, 03:13 PM   #18
chrysanthos
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 488

oh my god its really hard work:/ peabody my friend would you forgive me? at the begining i thought it all was copy and paste i am so embarased because some other members here are complaining about me and maybe they are right....i all ask them when you do that playble and stuff.......in a few worlds i am sorry........
chrysanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-12, 04:56 PM   #19
chrysanthos
Grey Wolf

i will try that too hey peabody if i pick up mogami is this the same procedure? or is the same for all ships....
Old 02-05-12, 03:03 PM   #20
chrysanthos
Grey Wolf

oh gosh...peabody....i dont know your real name but anyway....i said in my preivous message that if you will forgive me for my mistakes i have done here:/...thats all.. and i try to convert the ship too but....i stuck as always...see ya
Old 02-06-12, 03:32 AM   #21
TBear
Medic

Downloads: 27

ya. Trying your self kinda explains how hard it is...im stuck with the maya on the 4th month, but he saved my but with the Takao

Hes an awsome chap

IJN rules, but peabody makes it float!

"TAKAO" Status: work in progress
TBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-12, 05:16 AM   #22
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBear View Post
ya. Trying your self kinda explains how hard it is...im stuck with the maya on the 4th month, but he saved my but with the Takao

Hes an awsome chap
The Maya is a Takao class. There were four ships built Takao, Maya, Atago, Choaki. The only difference is some of the armament. So it should be an easy fix to get the Maya working. The Maya that I built a LONG time ago was built using a US sub not a German one so it worked on the US side but was still Japanese and US ships would fire at it.

If I get a few minutes tomorrow, maybe I can spit out the Furutaka, I never finished that one either, but it should only take a while.

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

peabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-12, 12:38 AM   #23
Arael
Planesman

Downloads: 94

Sorry to raise this thread from the dead, but I followed your instructions and now have a drivable Chitose. Now where do I go from here to give it guns and the like?

Playable Chitose class seaplane tender
Playable Kamikaze class destroyer
Arael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-13, 10:45 PM   #24
rotary crazy
Swabbie

Downloads: 64

Hi guys, thanks for all your work, being trying to get the stock IA Baltimore class playable but havent had any luck

This is hard! makes one apreciate all the work you guys do

If any of you find the time to do a playeble Baltimore it will be very apreciated!
rotary crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-13, 12:09 PM   #25
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

guys Peabody hasn't been on since july so I hope he is ok but he is IMO THE guy to help with all this, he is very smart and kinda knows what and where to go with things.

that said he may not have the time to teach and help you all the time so my suggestion is to download the other playable ship mods then look at the files in them, they are there for a reason so compare them to the stock files and you will see whats different. this tells you what needs to be changed and where to find it. then you have your guide to use on the ship you are doing, there will always be missing information and things to figure out on your own but it just takes a little time and patience.

if you get stuck then create a new thread and ask for the help you need but keep it simple and ask about one step at a time not the whole process.

if you need guns then ask about guns not guns and torpedos and everything else on your list of things to do and get that working before moving on, its all done in stages so work the puzzle one step at a time until its done. the most important lesson on modding you need to teach yourself is how to dissect and learn how another mod was done and that will answer 90% of all your questions.

hope this helps
Old 10-03-13, 04:56 PM   #26
rotary crazy
Swabbie

Downloads: 64

Thanks for the reply

Thats what im doing ,step by step, got here a little late but will eventually figure things out
rotary crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-13, 06:37 PM   #27
polyfiller
Weps

Downloads: 40

Ask a specific question and I'll answer if I have time - I've converetd loads of ships to be playable for the TSWSM. I'll help if I can.... there isn't much I don't know about this topic.
polyfiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-16, 07:36 AM   #28
Senf-Man82
Gunner

Downloads: 333

Hey mates,

I am trying to enable the Gearing Destroyer from the MadMax AOTD-Destroyer mod as playable Unit, but I keep failing. It crashes no matter what I fix, I am really frustrated. Help has been requested, but no one even responds to me here in this forum.

Last edited by Senf-Man82; 02-29-16 at 02:37 PM.
Senf-Man82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-16, 12:21 PM   #29
chrysanthos
Grey Wolf

on the other hand i have another problem....some surface ships dont a deck gun to control or a antiaircraft....can someone show me how can i create them and also how command the crew to open fire at enemy please? i cant find anywhere an answer :/