SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-13-18, 09:08 PM   #1
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 4
Default Destroyed Shipmarks don't show up on NavMap

Hello,

When loading the NewUIs_TDC_7_5_0_TheDarkWraith_Test_Version_18.7 mod, all works fine but no destroyed shipmarks will appear on the Nav Map.
In the Options File Editor Viewer, in the NavMap options tab, the very last entry 'Display distroyed marks' is set to true.
I'm definitly sure the error is located within this NewUIs mod.

Is there a way to fix that, or is there actually a patch for it? I have browsed the download section, but I didn't find anything which is related. Also I cannot find the [REL] thread for this mod, I even forgot from where I have downloaded it :=)

Thanks very much for your suggestions on how to fix that, it's not a terrible issue in single missions, but it would be an annoyance during campaign!

Cheers,
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-18, 11:09 PM   #2
Cyborg322
Scurvy Dog of the Deep

Downloads: 337
Uploads: 0

it partly depends on how you open the map by keyboard or using icon one works better than the other forgot which way
Old 07-13-18, 11:24 PM   #3
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Ah yes, the M key! Without it some tools will not show up, I didn't know it's the same for some displays. I will look at it, thanks!

Salut,
Old 07-15-18, 02:17 AM   #4
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

No, it has nothing to do with how you access the NavMap. I have loaded the predecessor version 7.4.2 and here it works fine.
It's very strange that the changelog notes of 7.5.0 says 'redid destroyed marks'... But it's getting worse

I don't like to stick with 7.4.2 because there are a lot of other improvements in 7.5.0, also I have looked in the TWoS files, here the files are all equal as for the NewUIs 7.5.0 (same date), so transfering files wouldn't help, it's strange that the problem doesn't show-up in TWoS

Thanks anyone for ideas about how to fix these destroyed marks, which is: how to make them display on the map/tai in-game when you sink a ship, if correctly set in the OFEV.
Maybe some expert could tell me which files in the data folder are concerned so I can change them

Thanks,

Last edited by XenonSurf; 07-15-18 at 02:27 AM.
Old 07-15-18, 06:03 PM   #5
JCWolf
Admiral

Downloads: 199
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenonSurf View Post
No, it has nothing to do with how you access the NavMap. I have loaded the predecessor version 7.4.2 and here it works fine.
It's very strange that the changelog notes of 7.5.0 says 'redid destroyed marks'... But it's getting worse

I don't like to stick with 7.4.2 because there are a lot of other improvements in 7.5.0, also I have looked in the TWoS files, here the files are all equal as for the NewUIs 7.5.0 (same date), so transfering files wouldn't help, it's strange that the problem doesn't show-up in TWoS

Thanks anyone for ideas about how to fix these destroyed marks, which is: how to make them display on the map/tai in-game when you sink a ship, if correctly set in the OFEV.
Maybe some expert could tell me which files in the data folder are concerned so I can change them

Thanks,
Well its happening to me with the TWOS stock TDW GUI...so no idea why.......Also, it doesn't matter if you check the option to show sunken ships in the Nav Map cause it still not showing...

JCWolf Mediafire SHIII Page

User name : JCWolf
Password : stefre@jcm
JCWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-18, 05:48 AM   #6
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

[EDIT]

It's redundant, I find the same problem here but without final solution:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=198603

------------

I have found a single *.cfg file with config entries for destroyed marks. I will compare the versions 7.4.2 and 7.5.0 and adjust the file in 7.5.0 if they are different. I will report here if it works. However if the mod author TheDarkWraith found it appropriate to change it, then there must be a reason

By judging from the look, TWoS is using a map background different from the stock game and also uses different mark styles (e.g. the torpedo line is not a yellow line but a grey - - - - line, I guess all other marks have been redone). I have never noticed missing destroyed marks in TWoS (I see them during campaign), but they are not saved together with supermarks IIRC; I will take notice next time I sink a ship...

Overall the problem is a very small one because the Captain Log will report all sunken ships anyway, and if need be one can still put a manual mark - or supermark - for sunken ships.

Last edited by XenonSurf; 07-16-18 at 06:28 AM.
Old 07-16-18, 07:13 AM   #7
JCWolf
Admiral

Quote:
[EDIT]

It's redundant, I find the same problem here but without final solution:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=198603

------------

I have found a single *.cfg file with config entries for destroyed marks. I will compare the versions 7.4.2 and 7.5.0 and adjust the file in 7.5.0 if they are different. I will report here if it works. However if the mod author TheDarkWraith found it appropriate to change it, then there must be a reason

By judging from the look, TWoS is using a map background different from the stock game and also uses different mark styles (e.g. the torpedo line is not a yellow line but a grey - - - - line, I guess all other marks have been redone). I have never noticed missing destroyed marks in TWoS (I see them during campaign), but they are not saved together with supermarks IIRC; I will take notice next time I sink a ship...

Overall the problem is a very small one because the Captain Log will report all sunken ships anyway, and if need be one can still put a manual mark - or supermark - for sunken ships.
What about if we change just the Destroyed ship marks tga files????

Maybe that fixes the issue , I mean if the file name is the same you can just change the file name to tga in the cfg file , this way the game will use the new tga markers instead the new ones!!!

Old 07-16-18, 07:26 AM   #8
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Thank you JCWolf, I will try it if I locate the right file.

My insistance to fix this problem is due to an ideal setup for playing the stock game as an alternative to TWoS for nostalgic players who are interested to see what the game was about when released and would like to play an easier game (easier than TWoS) and bug-free if possible. Let's see how far I can go with such an ideal setup
If it really works acceptably I will make a guide for it. The NewUIs 7_5_0 will be included as an 'advanced setup' suggestion for playing stock , together with Sjizzle's excellent maps. My objective is to get the game difficulty roughly at par with SH3.
However, if I would add up all what players want in terms of Realism - this leads straight to TWoS anyway

Last edited by XenonSurf; 07-16-18 at 07:40 AM.
Old 07-16-18, 02:55 PM   #9
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

>= PROBLEM SOLVED =<

The NewUIs 7_5_0 TDW must be corrected like that:

In ...\data\Menu\cfg\Maps.cfg

[MAPS]
MapsNb=2
;materials
Mat0=0x09,0x0B;default
Mat1=0x09,0x0B,data/menu/gui/ContLine.tga
Mat2=0x09,0x0B,data/menu/gui/DashLine.tga
Mat3=0x09,0x0B,data/menu/gui/Degrees.tga
Mat4=0x3B,0x0B,data/menu/gui/Units/Torp.tga
Mat5=0x3B,0x0B,data/menu/gui/Units/Selection.tga
Mat6=0x3B,0x0B,data/menu/gui/Units/DestroyedShip.tga <<< To be changed in this one
Mat7=0x3B,0x0B,data/menu/gui/Units/AirDestroyed.tga
Mat8=0x3B,0x0B,data/menu/gui/Units/City.tga
Mat9=0x3B,0x0B,data/menu/gui/Units/Important.tga
Mat10=0x09,0x0B,data/menu/gui/DashLine2.tga
Old 07-16-18, 04:27 PM   #10
JCWolf
Admiral

Quote:
>= PROBLEM SOLVED =<

The NewUIs 7_5_0 TDW must be corrected like that:

In ...\data\Menu\cfg\Maps.cfg

[MAPS]
MapsNb=2
;materials
Mat0=0x09,0x0B;default
Mat1=0x09,0x0B,data/menu/gui/ContLine.tga
Mat2=0x09,0x0B,data/menu/gui/DashLine.tga
Mat3=0x09,0x0B,data/menu/gui/Degrees.tga
Mat4=0x3B,0x0B,data/menu/gui/Units/Torp.tga
Mat5=0x3B,0x0B,data/menu/gui/Units/Selection.tga
Mat6=0x3B,0x0B,data/menu/gui/Units/DestroyedShip.tga <<< To be changed in this one
Mat7=0x3B,0x0B,data/menu/gui/Units/AirDestroyed.tga
Mat8=0x3B,0x0B,data/menu/gui/Units/City.tga
Mat9=0x3B,0x0B,data/menu/gui/Units/Important.tga
Mat10=0x09,0x0B,data/menu/gui/DashLine2.tga

How about the new 7.5.0 compatibility is it ok to install on top of TWOS ???

Old 07-16-18, 05:00 PM   #11
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

No, TWoS doesn't need it I think, I just tested TWoS without the mod above, it works normally: it will show destroyed marks on the NavMap but not on TAI. I think you can simply make them visible in TAI if set in the OFEV. For info I've made a post in the TWoS thread, so Vecko can make changes in the future if he likes.

This mod is to use with TDW NewUIs 7_5_0 without TWoS .