Click here to access the Tanksim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Tanksim.com

Old 08-18-11, 02:25 PM   #1
Krauter
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 102
Uploads: 1

Got the Tiger I, plays O.K. Don't have much for her, save for the Short 88, 2nd Engine and the upgraded radio. All from other tanks, however, I think I'm going to split time grinding the turret and L/71 between it and my Lowe, then I'm doing a 64k grind through 3002DB to Panther. Hopefully I'll have both the Tiger and the Panther, as they were in WW2, in my garage by the time I leave back for school next Thursday.

Also, sadly I'm giving up the Konisch/Gold rounds duo on my Vk3601 as it's getting expensive and I don't need to use it that much anymore. Better to get used to the L/56 and the Long 75.

See you out there!

Old 08-18-11, 02:37 PM   #2
Task Force
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 85
Uploads: 0

Good luck with the stock tiger. The stock turret is a nightmare, and the short 88 is worthless against anything at, or above your tier.
Old 08-18-11, 07:14 PM   #3
Feuer Frei!
Navy Seal

Downloads: 141
Uploads: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyguy101 View Post
Great, now a got to worry about flying tanks
Keep in mind that the video I posted is only a work in progress, just to show off the physics capabilities.
You won't be flying or turning 360 degrees, performing barrel rolls whilst shooting. I t looks awesome, word is if your tank rolls over, you will die, or if your tank lays on its side, etc etc.
Can't wait for this to implement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krauter View Post
Got the Tiger I, plays O.K. Don't have much for her, save for the Short 88, 2nd Engine and the upgraded radio. All from other tanks, however, I think I'm going to split time grinding the turret and L/71 between it and my Lowe, then I'm doing a 64k grind through 3002DB to Panther. Hopefully I'll have both the Tiger and the Panther, as they were in WW2, in my garage by the time I leave back for school next Thursday.
As TaskForce said, stock is woeful, but that is like every tank stock.
Once you upgrade Maybach engine and upgrade to the long 8'8 gun, things are a little better in it.
I make a habit of not entering battle with a newly-bought tank, especially if I haven't any upgrades for it to mount prior.
I have a golden rule for newly-aquired tanks:
I'm playing heavies so this is most prevalent to them, but upgrade-wise, always always always upgrade gun. First and foremost.
Gun gun gun. Can't say it enough.

Also, sadly I'm giving up the Konisch/Gold rounds duo on my Vk3601 as it's getting expensive and I don't need to use it that much anymore. Better to get used to the L/56 and the Long 75.

See you out there![/QUOTE]

LINK TO MY SH 3 MODS
Feuer Frei! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-11, 07:55 PM   #4
Krauter
Ocean Warrior

Actually, I'm doing quite well with the Short 88 (was used to it on my Vk before I used the Konisch). Had a few 1.4k exp games but most are in the 800-1k range.

The one thing I don't like about it atm is that I can't go hull down since I'm pretty sure my mantlet is weaker then my front glacis.

Edit: Currently at about 9k exp into it, have 2 more to the turret then I've got the Gun. If anyone wants to platoon up I'm online now
Old 08-18-11, 10:57 PM   #5
Feuer Frei!
Navy Seal

How's this for new physics ingame. It's the Mines map, I lost 75% health because I couldn't get free.

We ended up winning, and I survived.

LINK TO MY SH 3 MODS
Old 08-19-11, 12:17 AM   #6
Krauter
Ocean Warrior

How'd you manage that?

Also, 10k from the L/71
Old 08-19-11, 03:17 AM   #7
Feuer Frei!
Navy Seal

Bloody hell, I just had a match where a A-20 was right up my backside, when playing my Tiger 1. I was pot-shotting from the side of a cliff-face, with the chance of moving back and forth out and in from cover, like peek-a-boo.
Anyways, this retard A-20 came right up and stopped me from moving back. I lost 30% of my health. Asked him to move back he wouldnt. Asked him again, this time not so nicely, still no reply.
So, I swung my turret around and warned him i-ll 1-shot him. Still no reply, so I shot him, he shot back, only chipped the paint work, and I shot him again, killing him
/rant. Retards.

UPDATE: Less than 40 k for my KT!!! woohhooo. smashing this aweful grind.

LINK TO MY SH 3 MODS

Last edited by Feuer Frei!; 08-19-11 at 04:28 AM.
Old 08-19-11, 08:56 AM   #8
mr chris
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 216
Uploads: 0

Birthday presents!