SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-05-18, 04:04 AM   #16
ArbitraryName
Nub

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilerkg View Post
I really dislike the whole notion of announcing DLC for a game that isn't even out.
Just found out about this game and yes. This is extremely scummy IMO.
ArbitraryName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-18, 09:24 AM   #17
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard!

ArbitraryName!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-18, 06:57 PM   #18
EvidencePlz
Swabbie

Downloads: 7

very interesting. just added to wishtlist on Steam. Looks like it's gonna have VR support as well. The release date has been announced: 11 Oct, 2018 https://store.steampowered.com/app/860620/KURSK/
EvidencePlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-18, 07:04 AM   #19
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Now available on Steam

Quote:
KURSK is the first ever adventure and documentary video game inspired by real events. You assume the role of a spy who finds way on the Russian nuclear submarine K-141 Kursk. Your task is to collect secret information about the revolutionary Shkval supercavitating torpedoes.
Old 11-09-18, 11:15 AM   #20
Hawk66
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 36

the reviews are mixed...anybody played it here already and can give feedback ?
Old 11-09-18, 12:46 PM   #21
Penner10000
Watch

Downloads: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk66 View Post

I started playing it, but it doesn't run smoothly on my computer. The submarine is beautifully made, but the permanent sequences when you open doors or use ladders annoy with time. Also the control is not so good. These things keep me from playing for now and I hope that this will be fixed with patches.
Penner10000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-18, 05:00 PM   #22
jaop99
Loader

Downloads: 25

If they have a complete russian submarine designed in 3D with characters, why do not design a Silent Hunter game style?. Not only a combat game, but with all the experience to repair the sub under water after an torpedo hit, or depth charges attack?
jaop99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-18, 04:20 PM   #23
Sub187
Watch

Downloads: 10

@Penner10000: Oh that wasn't because of your system, the game is stuck on 15 fps even if you have a supercomputer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk66 View Post
I refunded it after the first hour, it really is that dreadful. A few notes I wanted to share , rather than wasting everybody's time doing a full review:

- The Kursk is more of a background prop for a spy story, rather than being the actual subject of the game

- The game is basically software technology from the early 2000s updated with graphics from the mid-2000s

- The writing is best summarised as "what if James Bond was written by a 12-year old". It is cringeworthly bad and at times I actually felt uncomfortable playing the game.

- The clickboxes are terrible. You have to stand in a very specific way to interact with an object. This problem is exerberated by the dodgy walking mechanics (it seems the floor is made up of points, and by "walking" you just go from point A to point B, like it was in the early 1990's)

- The facial animations are hilarious, and by far the best thing about this game. Every time the face of an NPC came into view I chuckled.

I really wanted to like this game, since it looked so promising and it IS a submarine game, but it is one of those games you'll have to avoid at all costs. Especially if you're interested in the real story of the people that were onboard the Kursk
Sub187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-18, 06:30 AM   #24
Gotmilk
Planesman

Downloads: 35

That is really sad what happened to this game. I was really looking forward to it but sadly all i experienced in the game were bunch of fetch quests. Go there, bring me this, now bring this to that guy. Now go there and bring this here, but to do so you have to beat my high score at this boring arcade game. This was a point where i just rage quit the game. I was in the middle of another fetch quest but character would not give me this until i beat his high score in arcade room. That arcade room game was so terrible. It was just wasting my time.

The story was dull, i have wasted almost 2 hours running from one end of the boat to another bringing stuff to various people. It took so long because off all the compartment animations and loading new sectors were so slow. This was the first time in my life were i felt that a game just wastes my life. I decided to refund it because i was just under 2 hour threshold.

Now just watching some youtube lets play video of the game with 2X speedup.
Gotmilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-18, 02:23 PM   #25
CapitaCatalunya
Watch

Downloads: 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaop99 View Post
If they have a complete russian submarine designed in 3D with characters, why do not design a Silent Hunter game style?. Not only a combat game, but with all the experience to repair the sub under water after an torpedo hit, or depth charges attack?

this would be too awesome, so I'm sure nobody will actually do it, we will be stuck with the Type VII's (and with luck some of its boring variants) forever
CapitaCatalunya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-18, 02:29 PM   #26
Subnuts
The Old Man

Downloads: 14

All of the gameplay videos I've seen so far make it look like Alien Isolation, except without the alien and the isolation.

Subnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-18, 06:21 AM   #27
Leachen
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

To be honest, Alien Isolation had some pretty good atmosphere. A lot of it had to do with the imminent threat of being attacked by aliens though. What might be the threat in Kursk? Mermaids? haha
Old 11-21-18, 12:38 PM   #28
utahperson44
Nub

Downloads: 0
Default Steam Kept Crashing My Computer

I would love to play this but Steam kept crashing my computer each time I tried it and I have a powerful computer. I stay away from Steam. I would buy this if it did not need Steam.
utahperson44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-18, 11:33 PM   #29
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome aboard!

leachen!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-18, 07:06 PM   #30
Kapitan
Sub Test Pilot

Downloads: 65
Uploads: 7

Sorry but this game is of poor taste and shouldn't have been released atleast under the name what so ever.

This is just blatantly disrespectful to the people who died on Kursk and also for their families, some of whom are more that aware this game is out there and for them to have the thoughts that someone is having enjoyment out of their loss and suffering is to me just totally unacceptable

Find out about Museum Ships here: https://www.museumships.us/

Flickr for all my pictures: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131313936@N03/

Navy general board articles: https://www.navygeneralboard.com/author/aegis/
Kapitan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kursk