SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > DW Mod Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-22-19, 08:31 PM   #1681
ET2SN
ET2/SS

Downloads: 56
Uploads: 0

Icon14

So far, it looks great and plays well.

I need to go to school for the new playable hulls, but I expected that.
As an old diesel boat sailor, I really like the addition of the Juliette.

Two minor things I've seen so far, in the USNI database the Graney and the Australian F-18 Hornet will crash the game if selected. The Graney is an old issue but the Hornet seems to be new. I'll check an older version of RA to verify and I'll try building a couple of missions with these models to see what happens.

BTW, thanks to Ivan for adding the built-in Boomer tactics.
Last, as I understand it there were only two Xia hulls and they served as test beds for the later Jin class. Once the Jin's came on-line I would think the Xia's were either de-commissioned or rebuilt as Jin class.
ET2SN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-19, 03:58 AM   #1682
p7p8
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 136
Uploads: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ET2SN View Post
So far, it looks great and plays well.
Two minor things I've seen so far, in the USNI database the Graney and the Australian F-18 Hornet will crash the game if selected.
I haven't this bug:

Did you install RA 1.48 on clean DW 1.04 version?

Quote:
BTW, thanks to Ivan for adding the built-in Boomer tactics.
Its very interesting - i will test how it works
Old 06-11-19, 10:19 PM   #1683
ET2SN
ET2/SS

Well, one last issue and this is really nit-picking.

The 3DO model of the "first flight" 688s shouldn't have the stern planes with the vertical slabs (like the 637 class).
I think that idea came from some early illustrations of what the class looked like or it may have been an early idea of how replace the original planes. The stern planes started out as a single piece "slab" plane when the Los Angles was first launched and I know they didn't stay that way for very long. Let's just say the crew came back to port a lot more religious than when they left.
Basically, the first flight boats are the same as the second flight boats without the VLS.

Hobby Boss has a 1/350th scale model kit where you can build any of the three "flights" and the early stern planes are included.
Old 07-04-19, 08:11 AM   #1684
p7p8
Seasoned Skipper

Cumulative Patch #3 (for RA 1.48) has been released!!!

Quote:
Changes for based RA version 1.48:

- The course indicator window for the SS-N-3C missile has been removed (Missile remote control panel FCTarget Station).
- The doctrine of the SS-N-3C, the algorithm for enable the missile radar was corrected.
- AI Aviation dropped torpedo - the impossibility of hitting the surfaced position submarines eliminated.
- Sierra SSN - max torpedo launch depth unlocked.
- USNI DATA - OWN SHIP INFO - removed two entrances for Sierra's.
- USNI DATA - OWN SHIP INFO - Sierra: Weapon data corrected.
- The noise levels for UnderWater launch missiles have been fixed. ("UnderSea Missile Launch Detected" message)
- KH-65 ALCM User Air Launch missile, increase radar signature.
- USNI DATA - Sturgeons: data corrected.
- MG-74 Korunds: fixes weapon launch issues.
- User MILAS & SILEX ASROC missile: problem of parachute generation solved.
- Some user WeaponLoadOuts station has been fix.
- Some torpedoes doctrine has been fix.
- Depth Bombs & Charges: detonation depths corrected.
- Some graphical artifacts fixed for 1024x768 resolution (Kilo Imp Periscore, Laser Finger etc. station).
- India: Polnochnyy LSM (pr.773I) class added
- China: Type 901A LST class added.

Install: Just copy the contents to the folder with the installed game.

IMPORTANT NOTE: To prevent crush, you must delete all the old LOD (such as 380_667_New Player.lod) files in the folder with the DW game installed.
Old 08-18-19, 04:55 PM   #1685
fireship4
Ensign

Downloads: 41

Thanks to the creators for this great mod, I recently purchased DW after a long while watching FPSChazly & JiveTurkey's videos on Youtube, and have learnt a lot about the modern era of naval warfare since.

A quick bug report:

The USNI gives two values for Virginia towed array arrangement, indicating in one part that the TB-29 is on the port and in another that it is on the starboard. I believe it is currently modeled on the port side.
Old 08-19-19, 01:46 AM   #1686
Pirate
Lieutenant

Downloads: 152

Virginia has a Port and a Stbd towed array (total of 2 towed arrays).
The control to select which to extend is at the ship control station.
Old 08-19-19, 08:26 AM   #1687
FPSchazly
Good Hunting!

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireship4 View Post
Thanks to the creators for this great mod, I recently purchased DW after a long while watching FPSChazly & JiveTurkey's videos on Youtube, and have learnt a lot about the modern era of naval warfare since.

A quick bug report:

The USNI gives two values for Virginia towed array arrangement, indicating in one part that the TB-29 is on the port and in another that it is on the starboard. I believe it is currently modeled on the port side.

Glad you liked my videos!

The Tb-29 is indeed on the port on the Virginia (at least, this was true the last time I played RA). It's on the starboard on the other American submarines.

My videos:
**Exclusive Look at Modern Naval Warfare!**
Dangerous Waters Liu Doctrine (LwAmi
Learn to play Dangerous Waters
FPSchazly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-19, 03:09 PM   #1688
p7p8
Seasoned Skipper

TA sides are changed intentionally - ist not a bug. Its because when submarine starts with streamed TA from beginning - its always starboard. But most of players likes to start with more sensitive TA (except me) and it was changed for those players.
Old 08-19-19, 03:54 PM   #1689
fireship4
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPSchazly View Post
Glad you liked my videos!
Quite a few insomniac nights came to a close with your calming voice in the background.

Quote:
Originally Posted by p7p8 View Post
TA sides are changed intentionally - ist not a bug. Its because when submarine starts with streamed TA from beginning - its always starboard. But most of players likes to start with more sensitive TA (except me) and it was changed for those players.
The bug is that the USNI reference lists both the port and the starboard as the location of the TB-29.

EDIT: Also you said that the more sensitive array has been switched to the starboard side because missions begin with this array streamed. This does not seem to be the case on the Virginia, as the TB-29 is the more sensitive array and is modelled on the port side.

Last edited by fireship4; 08-20-19 at 12:08 AM.
fireship4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-19, 12:23 PM   #1690
p7p8
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:
The bug is that the USNI reference lists both the port and the starboard as the location of the TB-29.
Not really - its screen from USNI REFARENCE (ownship information)

Quote:
EDIT: Also you said that the more sensitive array has been switched to the starboard side because missions begin with this array streamed. This does not seem to be the case on the Virginia, as the TB-29 is the more sensitive array and is modelled on the port side.
Hmm it looks like TB-16 is always on opposite side than on hull

Virginia was added later, before that, this swithcing TB-16 / TB-23 was made for LA. For me it doesn't matter even if i prefer TB-16 than TB-23 or TB-29
Old 08-20-19, 05:34 PM   #1691
fireship4
Ensign

The same page, a little further down:

Last edited by fireship4; 08-20-19 at 05:52 PM.
fireship4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-19, 09:29 AM   #1692
Wolfcat
Chief

Downloads: 27

Hi just back to RA after a while. A few quick questions about v1.48:
1. I saw v1.48 already has Subcommand campaign installed. Do I need still apply the SC update/patch from RA's website? Or it is redundant?

2. It seems USN destroyers and cruisers tend to wait until a very short range to engage incoming missiles. I measured the first initial SM-2 missiles were launched around 10nm. It makes it really hard for them to deal with SA-N-29 shipwreck missiles.
Wolfcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-19, 01:38 PM   #1693
ET2SN
ET2/SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfcat View Post
Hi just back to RA after a while. A few quick questions about v1.48:
1. I saw v1.48 already has Subcommand campaign installed. Do I need still apply the SC update/patch from RA's website? Or it is redundant?
I think the patch you're talking about is for SC, itself? RA 1.48 is a stand-alone mod aside from it's own patch#3.

Just to be clear, install RA 1.48 to a stock install of DW. Then, add the RA 1.48 patch #3. The last patch can be slightly tricky, extract the contents of the patch file to your desktop (including the folders). Then, either copy the patch folders into the right folders in your copy of DW/RA 1.48 (say yes to over-write the folder contents) or manually add the new doctrines to each platform's folder over-writing the old ones.

It sounds complicated but it really isn't. Just make sure each doctrine file goes into the correct folder.

Keep in mind RA is still a work in progress. RA 1.48 is, IMO, the best version in the RA series but I don't think Crazy Ivan is done tweaking on it.

Old 08-25-19, 02:08 PM   #1694
Wolfcat
Chief

Downloads: 27

Quote:
I think the patch you're talking about is for SC, itself? RA 1.48 is a stand-alone mod aside from it's own patch#3.

Just to be clear, install RA 1.48 to a stock install of DW. Then, add the RA 1.48 patch #3. The last patch can be slightly tricky, extract the contents of the patch file to your desktop (including the folders). Then, either copy the patch folders into the right folders in your copy of DW/RA 1.48 (say yes to over-write the folder contents) or manually add the new doctrines to each platform's folder over-writing the old ones.

It sounds complicated but it really isn't. Just make sure each doctrine file goes into the correct folder.

Keep in mind RA is still a work in progress. RA 1.48 is, IMO, the best version in the RA series but I don't think Crazy Ivan is done tweaking on it.

No, I am not talking about the 1.48 patch 3. On the front page of RA forum, there is a link to "Subcommand_update". I wonder if I need install that? In older versions of RA, you do need it. But not sure about the new 1.48.
Wolfcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-19, 02:30 PM   #1695
Pirate
Lieutenant

Downloads: 152

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfcat View Post
No, I am not talking about the 1.48 patch 3. On the front page of RA forum, there is a link to "Subcommand_update". I wonder if I need install that? In older versions of RA, you do need it. But not sure about the new 1.48.
That "Subcommand_update" is to be used with the Sub Command game (2001), not Dangerous Waters and R.A.

They also have a patch for the 688I Hunter killer game from the 90s.

Tags
reinforce alert