SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-25-19, 09:04 AM   #1
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 4
Default [TEC] Goblin Editor question

Hello,
I'd like to re-visit the mod Reworked U-boat Guns to change all flak gun handling (the aiming) to be as easy as in the stock game but keeping everything else. For that, data about elevation, rotation speed of the gun need to be changed. I will open both the stock files and the mod files with Goblin Editor and note the differences in the appropriate entries. Then I make the necessary changes and create a mod to use in JSGME.

My Problem is to find the exact relevant entries, as well as the correct handling of the Editor to load the necessary files first. For this last one I have questions, I think I can manage the first one.
What I have done is to follow the sticky guide. What I have in my modded files are only the *.sim files, e.g. '20mm_C30.sim' and other such files for the other canons.

Please correct me here if wrong: What I did is first loading the 20mm_C30.GR2 file in the Editor, then merge with 20mm_C30.sim file, then merge with 20mm_C30.cam file. After which I launch the Controller Editor.
Now, is it correct that I only need to check/change the values in the window 'Existing behaviors' ? Or do I also need to go through all 'Available behaviors' ?

Was my procedure correct until here, or was it necessary to *only* load the sim file? What will happen once I save my changes, will only the sim files get changed? That's what's supposed to happen because my mod only contains the sim files, not any changed GR2 or cam files.

Thanks very much anyone to answer my questions!

Best greetings,
XS

Last edited by XenonSurf; 05-25-19 at 09:21 AM.
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-19, 12:43 PM   #2
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Only the sim file(s) need to be merged. Guns tha can be manned by the player are stored in separate files (one per gun), so multiple sim files must be edited. When the content of a file is modified in memory, its name gets marked in red in the editor. To save the changes on disc right click on the file name and select the saving option. That's it!
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-19, 01:09 PM   #3
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
Only the sim file(s) need to be merged. Guns tha can be manned by the player are stored in separate files (one per gun), so multiple sim files must be edited. When the content of a file is modified in memory, its name gets marked in red in the editor. To save the changes on disc right click on the file name and select the saving option. That's it!

Yes thanks Gap, I was able to figure it out and make my mod successfully. Tested it, it works great.

Thank you!
XS
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote