SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 U-Boat Missions Add On
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-19-08, 01:20 PM   #256
Syxx_Killer
Admiral

Downloads: 21
Uploads: 0

Use the Home and End buttons to rotate the hydrophone. Alternatively you can download a major mod like Trigger Maru Overhauled. That re-enables the ability to rotate the hydrophones by clicking on it.
Syxx_Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-08, 12:31 PM   #257
Oggmeista
Watch

Downloads: 31
Default Uboat no sonar BIG BUG????? or what??

Hi this is my first post, so maybe I dont explain my problem as I should

Can I start of by saying a BIG THANKYOU to all the modders out there for their gr8 efforts in bring this title up to the game we all hoped for special thx to TMO modders (u should go code silent hunter 5 ) hehe

Ok heres my PROBLEM which im finding incredible only one other person has posted

I have silent hunter 4 patched to 1.5 ( Uboat missions pack) and also TMO 1.7 btw had alot of trouble getting TMO to work with UBMP but finally a small addon/patch/mod allowed it to work previously I was getting an error couldnt find radio somthing or other

Problem is now when I play the Uboat missions I cant see anything at all in the sonar room though I can still search with it ie compass bearing changes in top left of screen the only icon/object thats visible and after patrolling for ages I get no sonar reports/contacts which leads me to beleive its not working???

Am I right in thinking that the same patch which has allowed me to run the two MODS together is also why Im having this sonar bug?? ie TMO_enable_uboat_v4

Heres my system specs and MODS etc if this is going to help:

PS: It would be just bloody bliss if a TMO style game was implemented for the UBMP

AMD athlon 5200+ x2 64
Windows XP 64 bit edition +SP2
4 GB ddr2
8800GTX 768mb (not sure bout drivers but think they are quite new)

REL_Trigger_Maru_overhauled_152
TMO_enable_uboat_v4
Kakeman & Lurker Destroyer Sensors
Maxoptics over TM1.7
poul sound for SH4
SH4 flag_replacement
BBC world
Spaxs SH4 uboat SPEECH FIX_V8

cheers)

Dammit more bugs It now appears that both the deck gun and the AAA guns have no ammuntion right from the start??? This was when trying to use the TMO career mod which is not labelled in the front end of the game when it starts up instead it just has ------------ for its name though the other game types are all labelled very strange????

Any1 else having these issues or know how to remedy them thx))

Last edited by Oggmeista; 06-24-08 at 05:45 PM.
Oggmeista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-08, 03:44 AM   #258
Mehring1917
Sailor man

Downloads: 237

Sorry, I don't have time to trawl through all the posts here to see if these are already reported. Here goes-

1. U-boats do not display hull damage acurately. Don't be surprised when you sink like a stone with damage at 000 or 002. It's not that you haven't been damaged, you have, it's that the damage is not displayed. So how do you know when you need to return to port for repairs?

2. CO2 levels rising while surfaced, shallow water message, random damage, damage control team not working, can all occur when you re-open a game that's been saved while your sub is submerged or in contact with enemy.
Mehring1917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-08, 08:35 AM   #259
Oggmeista
Watch

Downloads: 31
Default NO SONAR in SONAR SCREEN

Hi again

Well I re-installed everything from scratch except this time I didnt install the RFB MOD the problem with the lack of ammunition for the guns has gone but im still seeing a blank screen in the Sonar suite though only in the UBOAT missions expansion pack any1 know how to stop this??

Just to add the front end of the game now visuallly appears the way I think its sopposed to ie no blank names in the game type selection texts
Oggmeista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-08, 08:51 AM   #260
Mehring1917
Sailor man

Downloads: 237

Found another that goes with the deck crew's yoga breathing exercises. External torpedos continue to load and although you get the "rig for silent running" message, it doesn't activate, so the sub is, in a sense, surfaced under the water.
Mehring1917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-08, 09:36 AM   #261
Wolferz
Navy Seal

Downloads: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragtag
Performance is better than SH4 1.4, loadtimes are way faster.
Only GFX bug i have are the watchmen on deck missing their eyes, rest of the crew has eyes. Im using the official forceware 169.25 and i have tried several newer betas with no luck.
The watch crew isn't really missing their eyes. Those guys are zombies. And sadly enough, put there on purpose by the devs. Inside joke maybe?
Wolferz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-08, 03:09 PM   #262
Bosje
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 89

can't find it just now but someone on this thread said the submerged/surface bugs are related,
I agree, has to be (from where i'm sitting)

watch crew staying on bridge while submerged and staying inside when surfaced would be just annoying but the bugs have consequenses (or more likely are consequenses of some bigger bug)

watch on bridge while submerged also means: silent running not possible, external torpedoes being loaded
watch not coming up also means: CO2 building up without possible refresh, so the crew die
(although the diesels do work, and the radio too i think, visual contacts also seem to be spotted but that needs confirmation)

it's almost as if the game doesn't accurately recognise which way is up. Never saw that in 1.4, all i ever had there was the crew going belowdecks when the boat hit a bit of a wave in a storm. is this bug a result of the dev team trying to fix the crew? don't remember it being a problem in SH3, the boys would stay on the bridge in bad weather (sometimes being submerged for a couple seconds, yes, but only going below when the boat was actually ordered to dive. And they went down as soon as the order was given. maybe that helps?

both issues are fixed when reloading a save game. but saving and reloading games often SEEMS to introduce the bug more frequently.

also: blowing gales inside the control room at 200 feet depth are back, had it just now after doing some taskswitching while in a storm

and: radio/grammophone not thought through. both are disabled by silent running but if they were playing when going to silent, they keep playing and you can't access them when in silent running (minor thing, just secure silent running for 2 seconds to turn off the gramophone)
bigger issue: same with radio while submerged. radio disabled when submerged but it keeps playing if it was on, and you can't turn it off while submerged

my observations, hope they are any help at all

Last edited by Bosje; 07-28-08 at 03:32 PM.
Bosje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-08, 08:25 PM   #263
Effigy
Gunner

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeFF
Missing textures in the conning tower of the Type IX (haven't checked if it's a problem with the XVIII as well). Also note the tube status lights are white instead of green:

Did read through the thread, and don't think I saw this mentioned.

In relation to above pic, the toggle switches are also bugged. Only the switch for Tube I works (and will animate in 3d). When you try to click the other tube toggle switches, it keeps opening and closing Tube I.

You can cycle to a new tube via the keyboard, and clicking on the switchboard above will open that tube (text message will confirm "Opening Tube II, III, etc) --- but the 3d representation still shows Tube I switch as toggling open/closed.
Effigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-08, 09:16 PM   #264
Orion2012
Commodore

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mehring1917
Found another that goes with the deck crew's yoga breathing exercises. External torpedos continue to load and although you get the "rig for silent running" message, it doesn't activate, so the sub is, in a sense, surfaced under the water.

Interesting. I haven't seem to have seen the underwtaer crew, even when playing the uboat missions, but I also lose my ability to run silent AFTER I Alt+Tab out of the game, and that didn't happen until AFTER 1.5.

Maybe helpful to someone??
Orion2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-09, 06:18 AM   #265
Morpheus
Ensign

Downloads: 17

i play the uboat campaign from 43 on ... 3 successfully completet war patrols with a typ 9 german uboat.

no problems so far, except a dud torpedo from time to time ...

and now, suddently (december 43), on my 4th war patrol i have one pivot(?) (kreisläufter?) after the other. torpedos running in circles, every second one. i am using the standard torpedo with steam propulsion.

anyone got an idea for that ?

kind of annoying.

not using any mods - just sh4 with the uboat addon.

//Edit: OK, situation calmed down again ... have none of those ****ed fishes aboard.

kr morph

Last edited by Morpheus; 03-15-09 at 01:19 PM.
Morpheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-09, 02:29 AM   #266
LukeFF
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 41
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
i play the uboat campaign from 43 on ... 3 successfully completet war patrols with a typ 9 german uboat.

no problems so far, except a dud torpedo from time to time ...

and now, suddently (december 43), on my 4th war patrol i have one pivot(?) (kreisläufter?) after the other. torpedos running in circles, every second one. i am using the standard torpedo with steam propulsion.

anyone got an idea for that ?

kind of annoying.

not using any mods - just sh4 with the uboat addon.

kr morph
Not a bug.

ROW Sound Effects Contributor
RFB Team Leader
LukeFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-09, 07:24 AM   #267
krosen
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default crash

there is a pacific campaigns selection on my menu and when i try to activate it SH4 crashes.
Checked through all the files and can't even find a pacific campaign entry.
appreciate any help
Old 03-15-09, 01:56 PM   #268
Morpheus
Ensign

Downloads: 17

ok, here comes a bug now ... a fat one

Only testet with the german career

If i drive a sucessfull war patrol and return home i usually gain a knights cross, and have like ONE ensign (fähnrich) with a active (YELLOW) special skill available (which i do not appreciate).

now, IF i save the game before returning to port, and load from this point and return to port (should make no difference, agreed?), i gain NO knights cross, but have like TWO ensigns (fähnrliche) available with passive (GREEN) special skills available (which i do appreciate!).

So - there i seem to have a problem - either the knights cross - OR - one/two ensigns with passive special skills.

in any case - this is a horrible smurf up

kr morph

<KP Says: Please dont bypass the language filter>

Last edited by Kapitan_Phillips; 03-15-09 at 05:28 PM.
Morpheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-09, 12:33 AM   #269
Agiel7
Gunner

Downloads: 16

I'm missing the two light flak guns on my IX-D. Anyone get this?
Agiel7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-09, 09:54 AM   #270
MRAD
Swabbie

Downloads: 22

Hello, I have a bug that I need some help with...

I recently started using SH4, after swithing from SH3 and going through what I thought was most of what I could get done in the game. Now upon downloading SH4 off of steam and running it at 1.3 without the U-boat expansion, the game ran without any issues and ran quite fast. I was able to run time compression at 8K with mods loaded and did so with no lagg at all, not even a single studder within the game at that compression setting. Now comes the problem, after installing the expansion and having the game up to 1.5 [through steam] I was able to run the game for about half of my third mission as a American commander in a Gar, based off of Pearl Harbor with time compression not being an issue, as with 1.3. Now, when I finished waiting for the patrol mission to "complete", I killed a few merchants and a destroyer in the area and set course for the harbor once again, as I had completed the patrol portion of the mission and got quite a few kills in. The time compression completely froze the game, I was barely able to get compression to 250X (or was it 252) without having the compression act so slow that the game basically froze, getting it to 1500X was nearly impossible and now the compression feature seems to be completely bugged. I was wondering if anyone could help me out with the issue, my computer is not a problem, and as I said, I had this game running at max compression prior to version 1.5. I had the game running mod free, using high graphics setings (custom settings actually), but the graphics settings aren't an issue, I still have the game running smooth when not in compression. Either than this, it is the only slow-down I have faced in any application with this gaming rig, also never had a problem with steam.

Thanks for any help you guys can offer, I really want to get this running again, it worked great before 1.5.

My system is as follows:

Intel iC7 920 (2.6Ghz) OC'd @3.4Ghz and stable for several months
8GB DDR3 OCZ Platinum Ram
500GB Western Digital Caviar Black HD / Secondary as 1TB Western Digital Caviar black (game is installed on the main, the 500GB)
Windows Vista 64-bit
BFG - Nvidia GTX280 OC (software version 62.0.1c)
Gigabyte EX58-UD3R (bios version F6)
Integrated sound (yeah I know, but I use a Sennheiser headset, so the card is more than good enough to get great sound)

EDIT: I should also note, there is a significant increase in the number of hostiles appearing on my map after 1.5, could this be the root of the issue? Shouldn't the game attempt to NOT process non-essential information such as hostiles rather far from me?
MRAD is offline   Reply With Quote