Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-04-15, 07:41 PM   #76
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123
Uploads: 0

Hi Vecko

Made 3 attempts all failed with MaMa's fix.
I am just wondering if all my game saves 96 and some time ago entering manual tonnages and numbers of ships sunk may be a contributing factor?

Used your work around fix and it worked like a dream.

Peter
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-15, 08:42 AM   #77
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER View Post
Hi Vecko

Made 3 attempts all failed with MaMa's fix.
I am just wondering if all my game saves 96 and some time ago entering manual tonnages and numbers of ships sunk may be a contributing factor?

Used your work around fix and it worked like a dream.

Peter
Strange...Probably some U-play update screwed up even Mama's fix...

Welcome to Happy Times (for the first time )...
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-15, 01:39 PM   #78
MaMa
Bosun

Downloads: 108

Quote:
It's June 1st 1940 01.45 South Western Approaches has dropped off the map but I am still seeing Coastal Waters (Total Germany) and not Happy Times.

MaMa's Fix did not work for me with Windows 7.

I will try Vecko's work around once I am able to end the patrol.

Peter
Hi Peter,

just updated UPlay and everything is working fine for me.

Can you post a debug report (using DBG Viewer) taken after loading your campaign game ? from that we can understand if OSI is responsible of something... it could be of help on the understanding of the problem .
MaMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-15, 02:12 PM   #79
MaMa
Bosun

Following latest news arrived about the UPlay updates released i made a full check of the OSI program installed at the time of the 2nd december Uplay update.

The OSI actually installed is the same as before, the version installed still is the 0011 and the files related to this application are the same as before.

I made a comparison of the main files involved in the OSI process with my decompiler and the results are the same : no files has been changed.

Last information : if OSI memory usage changes during play it depends on what the OSI is processing with the actual campaign in progress and from the CPU resources assigned, it does not mean that the application has changed or it has been updated in some way. File changes can be viewed by checking the OSI.exe properties under the details flag (actually a 208Kb file).

I hope this could be of some help on avoiding misleading clues in any bug hunt !
Old 12-09-15, 03:50 PM   #80
THEBERBSTER

Hi MaMa
I have changed the OSI.exe priority to realtime.
Debug data is last game save loaded from Happy Times.

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php...11815250723464

Peter

Last edited by THEBERBSTER; 12-10-15 at 01:35 PM.
Old 12-11-15, 04:34 PM   #81
MaMa
Bosun

Quote:
Hi MaMa
I have changed the OSI.exe priority to realtime.
Debug data is last game save loaded from Happy Times.

Peter
Hi Peter,

checked all dependancies of the OSI in your log file. All seems ok, every command correctly loaded thus i think something else is the cause of the problem. Quite difficult now, however,is to search for it ...

I'm afraid that i can't be of help because i'm not using TWOS mod, my only guess is that probably something's changed in your SH5 installation... is it possible (maybe some mod update or something like that) ?
Old 12-11-15, 08:01 PM   #82
THEBERBSTER

Hi MaMa

Thanks for all your help it is much appreciated.

When I am back in the bunker again I will do a re-install and see if that sorts the problem out.

Peter
Old 12-12-15, 03:16 AM   #83
MaMa
Bosun

Quote:
Hi MaMa

Thanks for all your help it is much appreciated.

When I am back in the bunker again I will do a re-install and see if that sorts the problem out.

Peter
Let me know if everything is working fine after a new installation, i'm curious to know !

I also ask you, if you can of course, to start the stock tutorial of the game (just sink the first three ships and check if the tonnage bar is correctly filled) immediately after the new installation (with no mods installed, only the generic patcher activated as usual) as to verify if your OSI is working fine thus excluding possible bugs from the UPlay new updates. Then install all your preferred mods and play as usual, let's see if something wrong happen...

Thanks in advance for your cooperation !
Old 12-12-15, 05:17 AM   #84
THEBERBSTER

Hi MaMa

Ok, will do.

Peter
Old 12-15-15, 05:43 PM   #85
THEBERBSTER

Hi MaMa

Ran the stock game.
Had to add the 2 mods to stop the torpedoes from circling.
JSGME installed to run the 2 mods.
TDW's Generic File Patcher restored the saved snapshot file.
Game Launcher run as administrator due to windows error appearing
SH5 application run as administrator as game would not load.
No other changes made.

Tonnage Bar showing completed.

Peter
Old 12-17-15, 04:26 AM   #86
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Tonnage Bar showing completed.

Peter
It has been proven over and over again that this doesn't mean anything and that tonnage bug has nothing to do with enabled "mods". It seems that we're beating a dead horse here...

Do you remember by any chance Peter, did you have "First Deployment" objective visible in your exiting screen when you were trying to trigger Happy Times campaign?
Also, What was the status of your "South Western approaches" objective after 31/05/1940. Was it shifted to "Finished" (also visible in exiting screen) ?

It was proven several times that Mama's fix works without any problems on win7 so my guess is that you have probably done something wrong. If it worked for some, it HAS to work for everyone else...

Mama , can you confirm that Peters tutorial deals correctly with all of your suggestions?

Last edited by vdr1981; 12-17-15 at 04:33 AM.
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-15, 05:18 AM   #87
THEBERBSTER

Hi Vecko
Quote:
Let me know if everything is working fine after a new installation, i'm curious to know !

I also ask you, if you can of course, to start the stock tutorial of the game (just sink the first three ships and check if the tonnage bar is correctly filled) immediately after the new installation (with no mods installed, only the generic patcher activated as usual) as to verify if your OSI is working fine thus excluding possible bugs from the UPlay new updates. Then install all your preferred mods and play as usual, let's see if something wrong happen...

Thanks in advance for your cooperation !
I have done what MaMa asked me to do after I re-installed as the Sweet-FX mod was not working and other gammers using it have it working ok.

Incidentally the re-install was a waste of time as the mod is still not working on my system.

Peter
Old 12-17-15, 01:09 PM   #88
MaMa
Bosun

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
It has been proven over and over again that this doesn't mean anything and that tonnage bug has nothing to do with enabled "mods". It seems that we're beating a dead horse here...

It was proven several times that Mama's fix works without any problems on win7 so my guess is that you have probably done something wrong. If it worked for some, it HAS to work for everyone else...

Mama , can you confirm that Peters tutorial deals correctly with all of your suggestions?
Hi Vecko,

yes, i can confirm that all tutorial instructions are correct.

My advice to Peter about mods was not intended to establish if some mods were conflicting with the OSI application but only with the objective of not wasting time installing and configuring them.

A simple test like the one suggested by me can certify the correct behaviour of the OSI on a PC without knowing any specs, nothing more, thus my concern is pointed toward a possible bug in an edited campaign or some other contents (campaign related of course, like new units or something like this. The stock campaign had a lot of discrepancies, this brought me thinking of possible errors imported from it to the new one) or, like you said, an error when activating the tonnage fix. These are the only possible causes for a campaign update problem.

Just my guess however ...
Old 12-17-15, 01:26 PM   #89
MaMa
Bosun

Quote:
Hi Vecko
I have done what MaMa asked me to do after I re-installed as the Sweet-FX mod was not working and other gammers using it have it working ok.

Incidentally the re-install was a waste of time as the mod is still not working on my system.

Peter
Hi Peter,

so it seems that your game does not have any problem with the OSI . It must be something else . Beside the Sweet FX mod, is it working correctly the game now (with your usual mod list installed) ?

Last advice : I made some trials, if you are using my fix avoid manual updates of campaign files (unless you accurately edit also the campaign status) because each change made is not processed by the "eval campaign" variable of the OSI (which only works when the game is running and it is triggered by in-game events) and sometimes this can cause problems... be aware of that !
Old 12-17-15, 07:59 PM   #90
THEBERBSTER

Hi MaMa
The game is operating as it should after re-installing and using the last game save.

I have mot used your fix since re-installing or changed any files.
Vecko pointed out that it was only important when moving to a new campaign.
It took me 5 months to complete Total Germany so another new campaign is a long way off.
I had to use Vecko's fix before re-installing to move from Total Germany to Happy Times which worked well.

Peter