SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion > Jutland
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-20-13, 09:00 PM   #1
EJDIII
Nub

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
A few questions about Jutland

Thinking about buying this game, but I got a few questions on the parameters of the game and game play, here they are:

1. is this an on-line multi player game only?
2. can you play it alone and/or against the AI?
3. is it limited on the area , or fairly broad and open area.
4. is it time limited, as in youhave so many hours to complete the game before it stops and youhave to re start from the beginning?
5. are youable to leave from and return to port for supplies and repairs?

6. do I have control of all the ships? or only a few?

I do have the game Ironclads, Battle Stations Midway and Pacific, Also I have played the old PTO I,II and IV, And for what they are they each had some good depth and options , but at times very restrictive or limited in areas, so I was wondering about this game, Ity seems very historically and technically accurate , and as I don't actually know anyone who enjoys such games in my circles, I was hoping a Jutland enthusiest could give me some insights to this game. thanx much.
EJDIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-13, 10:41 PM   #2
Kaleun Klink
Seaman

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0

OK, since Bullethead apparently ain't around, here ya go... (Caveat: I am a very casual, lounge-suit wearin' gamer, so my answers are not authoritative.)

1. is this an on-line multi player game only?
Nope. Purchasing the game allows you to play it on- or offline. You can play online or locally against human opponents, as well as against the AI, but I don't have experience with the online multiplayer option, so I can't comment.

2. can you play it alone and/or against the AI?
Yep.

3. is it limited on the area , or fairly broad and open area.
Well, if ya mean da map, it covers the Channel and North Sea, as well as the Western Approaches. There is an add-on Falklands Map Pack, but I haven't purchased it.

4. is it time limited, as in you have so many hours to complete the game before it stops and youhave to re start from the beginning?
Nope, although some of the campaign scenarios have in-game deadlines to meet the victory conditions. This is not a fast-action game, so the campaign deadlines are set in terms of months. Individual battles end when the opposing sides can't engage each other anymore, because one side has no ships left, has disengaged and skeddadled, etc.

5. are you able to leave from and return to port for supplies and repairs?
During campaign games, yes. During individual battles, no.

6. do I have control of all the ships? or only a few?
You control all the ships. Awww, yeah.

*shrug* I like it. The graphics are good -- gotta love the shellcam -- and it seems accurate to me. Jutland's not a world-beater, but it's worth a purchase if you've got a hankerin' for WWI fleet action with decent eye candy, IMHO.

Current games: UBOAT ... Victory at Sea Pacific ...

Ye olde games: SH3 + GWX3 Gold ... SH4 plain vanilla ... Steam and Iron ... Jutland ... War Plan Pacific ...

...and many board games!
Kaleun Klink is offline   Reply With Quote