SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-16-17, 12:06 PM   #1
Incendio
Watch

Downloads: 21
Uploads: 0
Default Distant Guns

Hi,

I have been playing Distant Guns and I love it!. The tactical simulation is something I've never seen before since the closest games I have been playing are Total War games. The idea of having control of divisions and task forces with a variety of ships is something I have been looking for a while. Also, this game brought me interest in a war I didn't know anything and I want to read about the topic, so if anyone knows a book covering russo-japanese war (1904-1905) is welcome!

With the newest version I have a battle editor which is the feature I am focusing right now before starting a campaign to understand all the controls. I have a question, in battle, do you have damage control of your ships? I can only see all the damages in ship information but if there is something I can do to repair ships (in battle) I am missing something. Also, when I am playing with Russia, I see that japanese ships are fairly superior and causes me a little of frustration. Is there any tactical advice you could give me to be successful? I know that in age of sail everything relies in distance and firepower, give broadside and shooting all the cannons with line formations. Playing World of Warships taugh me that second world war ships are quite contrary and the need to prevent giving full broadside. What about russo-japanese ships? What is the best formation or historical formations used to be successful in this game?

Thank you in advance!
Incendio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-17, 12:24 AM   #2
JudithGill
Nub

Downloads: 0

Cool!
JudithGill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-17, 09:02 AM   #3
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard firsttime poster!

JudithGill! that's the 'coolest' first post I've seen at

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-17, 02:13 PM   #4
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

Downloads: 5

Welcome aboard