SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 11-26-07, 12:22 PM   #31
Fish40
The Old Man

Downloads: 146
Uploads: 0

I'm alittle confused here. I followed the instructions to the letter, but still feel something is not correct. I installed all the latest ROW files first, then RFB for ROW, and finally RSRDC. I was under the impression that since these mods were made to work togeather, I would not have any conflict warnings while enableing via JSGME. After installing the ROW files first as directed, I went to enable RFB for ROW and recieved a bunch of warnings that this file, or that file has been modified by ROW, bla.. bla... bla.... . What gives here?
Old 11-26-07, 01:47 PM   #32
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish40
I'm alittle confused here. I followed the instructions to the letter, but still feel something is not correct. I installed all the latest ROW files first, then RFB for ROW, and finally RSRDC. I was under the impression that since these mods were made to work togeather, I would not have any conflict warnings while enableing via JSGME. After installing the ROW files first as directed, I went to enable RFB for ROW and recieved a bunch of warnings that this file, or that file has been modified by ROW, bla.. bla... bla.... . What gives here?
You will receive warnings of changes. The changes are minor and will not affect game play. Most of the warnings are stating the something has changed a file and it is not always the piece of the file that the new warning is telling you about. So, say ROW changed a texture file then you install RSRD, it says that ROW has changed this file, OK, ROW is just change the texture now RSRD is changing say some other data unrelated to textures within the file. This is all it is telling you. Load it up in the order that is shown. You will have no issue.
Old 11-26-07, 01:56 PM   #33
Fish40
The Old Man

Thanks AVG, but it seems I have a bigger problem. I played the Borneo Convoy Historic Mission to test stuff out. All seemed great. Sunk two freighters, and was promptly attacked. Now fot the trouble. As soon as there was an explosion of a depthcharge, I recieved the "SH4 has encountered a problem" mumbo jumbo, and that was the end of that. In addition to ROW and RFB for ROW, I'm also useing RSRD, as well as OakGrooves Highres Instruments, and the RFB/ROW compatable Depthcharge shake. Something is causing a screwup. Ideas anyone? I'm all ears!
Old 11-26-07, 02:05 PM   #34
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Downloads: 305
Uploads: 1

Trying taking the added mods you have installled out one at time and play the game and see if the game plays alright. If it does, then you know that is the mod causing your problems.

Head Deep and Keep'em Astern" - LtCDR Samuel D Dealy
SHIV Guide | Imperial Japanese Navy | US Submarines

Old 11-26-07, 02:10 PM   #35
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Thanks AVG, but it seems I have a bigger problem. I played the Borneo Convoy Historic Mission to test stuff out. All seemed great. Sunk two freighters, and was promptly attacked. Now fot the trouble. As soon as there was an explosion of a depthcharge, I recieved the "SH4 has encountered a problem" mumbo jumbo, and that was the end of that. In addition to ROW and RFB for ROW, I'm also useing RSRD, as well as OakGrooves Highres Instruments, and the RFB/ROW compatable Depthcharge shake. Something is causing a screwup. Ideas anyone? I'm all ears!
I use Oakgrooves instrument also....just love those man Anyway, take out the depth chage shake. I play with out it and the files from RFB/ROW/RSRD contain the shake in some form or another. All I can say is that I've seen the depth charge shake is causing some issues with all the mods because most have been changed in one form or another. Mostly what I read is the cameras in ROW confict with the cameras as set up in the depth charge shake mod. All I can say is I got whacked by a DC last night and my screen was shaking like mad.....no depth charge shake mod loaded. Deactivate the depth charge shake and let the modders work it out. My install is just ROW/RFB/RSRD and Oakgrooves textures. No issues all all. I have probably played 10 hours since Swdw posted this update. I was going to install the DC shake but after experiencing the shake I did not bother. It was already there.
Old 11-26-07, 02:33 PM   #36
swdw
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 75

Try installing a ROW camera w/o the depth charge shake or don't use any ROW camera and you'll get the stock SH4 camera. If you want the ability to walk around, try the camera mod here. We haven't teste it with RFB yet, but it should work.
http://hem.bredband.net/serbut1/

If you use sergbuto's mod, DON'T install the ROW cameras. In fact I ran for 2 days w/o a ROW camera and ROW and RFB worked fine.

AVG Warhawk is right. A lot of users jumped on the DC shake mod before it had sufficient testing to get the bugs worked out when used with the major mods. It's creating numerous headaches for the modders workin on the large mods like ROW- Which is why it won't be in the RFB stock release yet either.

We need to do some testing with it on RFB stock and an RFB stock/RSRD install before it's rolled in and have nvdrifter help with changes that may need to be implemented

"you wouldn't catch me on a ship that deliberately sinks itself"- comment to me from a surface sailor.

System:
AMD 6300 3.5 GHz | 32GB DDR3 | SATA 300 320GB HD, SATA III 1TB HD, SATA III 1.TB HD | ASUS Sonar DS sound card
NVIDIA 1660 Super OC | Windows 10
Old 11-26-07, 02:41 PM   #37
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

This might be your answer also.....

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...94&postcount=1

Scroll down to ROW camera #2a.....includes the depth charge shake. I believe I'm using this file....I'm at work....working so can not confirm but I'm 99.9% sure that I have this separate camera mod for the DC shake. Leo made his camera compatable with the DC shake mod. Remove your DC shake mod and the camera mod you are using now. Install the ROW camera #2a
Old 11-26-07, 02:43 PM   #38
Fish40
The Old Man

I'll remove the depthcharge shake mod and test again. I'll report back ASAP. Thanks for the input guys.

Just noticed the new post AVG. As a matter of fact, I'm useing camera 2c. The realistic/with depthcharge shake. I'll disable the depthcharge skake mod and retest. Mabey haveing both is causing mayhem.
Old 11-26-07, 02:44 PM   #39
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Quote:
I'll remove the depthcharge shake mod and test again. I'll report back ASAP. Thanks for the input guys.
Check my post #37...you can have the best of both worlds if you load ROW camera vs 2a that contains the DC shake. Works fine with this mod.
Old 11-26-07, 04:32 PM   #40
Fish40
The Old Man

I'm still at a loss I disabled the depthcharge shake mod, and am only useing the realistic camera vs 2c ROW mod. Played the Borneo single mission again, and again got depthcharged. After a few charges went off (screen shakes plenty with just the camera mod), the old "SH4 has encountered a problem" message again. I'm stuck!
Old 11-26-07, 04:36 PM   #41
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Ok, at the very least we ruled out the shake mod for the moment.
Old 11-26-07, 05:09 PM   #42
Fish40
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk
Ok, at the very least we ruled out the shake mod for the moment.

AVG, if possible could post your install order for ROW. Mabey something wrong there, but I don't think so. Everything was installed in base by the way. I'm getting really frustrated here!
Old 11-26-07, 06:23 PM   #43
Fish40
The Old Man

OK, here is the list of mods I have activated, as well as their exact order. Mabey someone could spot something here first, befor I have to start disableing each mod one by one, and test. Here goes:

360DBP Imperial 1.3
Capt. Midnight's More CBS News v1.2
R&L_int_periscopes_1.3 (this was a fix for the periscope animation in the conning tower)
NSM 3.3 Classic
ROW Text.w/o sun flair vs4
ROW Sky and Ocean Control
ROW Objects Reflections vs4
ROW Ship Reflections vs2
ROW Sub Reflections & Roll Pitch
ROW Classic Zones and Special Effects vs3
ROW Realistic Camera vs2c
ROW Classic Seafoam
ROW New Clouds from Kriller2
ROW Sound Effects vs5
ROW Sound Effects Addon
ROW Lightning& Lighting Repair
RFB for ROW
RSRD for RFB v111
SI Interior Kit
SI Optics Kit
SI Periscope & TBT Interface Kit

Well, that's all of them. I hope someone could possibly spot something. Thanks
Old 11-26-07, 07:05 PM   #44
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

My mods that are activated:

ROW camera vs 2b
ROW objects reflections vs 3
ROW sky and ocean controls vs 3
ROW sound effects final v 5
ROW sound effects add on
ROW sub reflections and roll/pitch
ROW special effects with stock zones vs 2
ROW textures vs 2
ROW textures without sun halo camera flair vs 4
ROW very slow clouds
RFB_for_ROW_RC1
RSRD_P1_v102

The rest is Oakgrooves textures. My personal preference not to use NSM. Nice effects but I believe the ships are just to hard to sink and taking your entire stock of cannon shells to sink a vessel...even after two torps have hit it. I really only add mods that have been tested and found to be compatible with the major changing mods like RFB. Rule out texture mods. Also, I do not use ROW ship reflections...again, just personal preference and like the darker shadows at night. Sometimes with this mod I see the reflections off in the distance before I see the vessel. Therefore I have removed it.

Last edited by AVGWarhawk; 11-26-07 at 07:16 PM.
Old 11-26-07, 07:09 PM   #45
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

360DBP Imperial 1.3<-------has this been tested with all these other mods?
Capt. Midnight's More CBS News v1.2
R&L_int_periscopes_1.3 (this was a fix for the periscope animation in the conning tower)
NSM 3.3 Classic<--------------------------installed in the correct order?
ROW Text.w/o sun flair vs4
ROW Sky and Ocean Control
ROW Objects Reflections vs4
ROW Ship Reflections vs2
ROW Sub Reflections & Roll Pitch
ROW Classic Zones and Special Effects vs3<-----does this jib with Leos fix for NSM?

ROW Realistic Camera vs2c
ROW Classic Seafoam<-------------I believe this is part of the final ROW textures
ROW New Clouds from Kriller2
ROW Sound Effects vs5
ROW Sound Effects Addon
ROW Lightning& Lighting Repair<---------I have not messed with this one
RFB for ROW
RSRD for RFB v111
SI Interior Kit
SI Optics Kit
SI Periscope & TBT Interface Kit

I'm still thinking that NSM and ROW's might be installed in the incorrect order. Also, is the Capt Midnight radio playing when it crashes? Some sound files have been found with a misplaced period or dash that will crash games.
Closed Thread