Click here to access the Tanksim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Tanksim.com

Old 11-30-13, 04:20 AM   #16
Sgt Hotcliff
Naval Tank
Commander

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
Gute to see another "horologist" on board; I collect watches and go to watch festivals (Basel) and have a pleasing collection including all the family pocket watches some of which are over 100 years old; Some of my employment involves high-end jewelry security so I see some nice pieces. I also do security at government confiscation auctions so there are bargains. Spent the day at Harrods in London a year or so ago and spent the whole time in the watch department mostly looking at an IWC perpetual calendar that sings to my left wrist but the price was well beyond me with Christmas at hand and a daughter still in college! PM when you've another replica batch for sale, I like old military watches too! Merry Xmas
Ach so mein Freund!

It sounds very interesting indeed. Can understand that IWT piece was tempting
Last year, I got a very nice "Beobachtungsuhr" also a replica, now from Luftwaffe..wonderful stuff they recreate. For this year, they have produced a RAF Pilot Watch WWII , but I have to restrain myself now..there are limits after all. Enclose a few pic's of my german luftwaffe uhr and the coming RAF.

Nice to share some interests here

Merry Xmas to you too,

Hotcliff
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BeOb-Uhr1a.jpg (59.1 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg BeOb-Uhr2a.jpg (77.7 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg RAF watch.jpg (6.6 KB, 4 views)

'Just a cool Swedish"Strv122"
http://www.kamratoff.se/images/Strv%20122%20sand.jpg

"A warrior accepts defeat
He does not treat it as a matter of indifference, nor does he try to make a victory of it” (P.Coehlo)

Sgt Hotcliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-13, 05:24 PM   #17
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Welcome back to the community

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-13, 05:41 PM   #18
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Hotcliff View Post
Ach so mein Freund!

It sounds very interesting indeed. Can understand that IWT piece was tempting
Last year, I got a very nice "Beobachtungsuhr" also a replica, now from Luftwaffe..wonderful stuff they recreate. For this year, they have produced a RAF Pilot Watch WWII , but I have to restrain myself now..there are limits after all. Enclose a few pic's of my german luftwaffe uhr and the coming RAF.

Nice to share some interests here

Merry Xmas to you too,

Hotcliff
Quartz or mechanical movements? actually have Laco 40's movement Flieger watch which I have restored; I keep a watch maker reasonably occupied and just restored a LeCoultre 1957 Bumper-matic thru my Jeweler. The owner didn't want to restore it so I got it for $60 put in the bumpermatic movement ($400) and tadaaA one 1957 $1600+ working timepiece. The (now)JaegerLeCoultre guy at Tourneau said to let him know the next time one comes into play. I get first crack at time pieces that come into play at the local jewelers to appraise or buy and in one instance stopped a fraud on a fake Patek Philippe. There are ethics involved; I contact estate sale agents if something is seriously under priced-generally out of ignorance; Caught a 18 carot gold Gübelin with diamonds-old Deco style going for $50 and we amended it to a more reasonable $10,000...alas no commission-treasure 'im Hölle' only! and just to stay on thread, when your loader says 'target at two o'clock', u verstag!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote