Old 01-19-10, 07:29 PM   #1
totodog
A-ganger

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0
Default I can see it now...

Quote:
BUCHAREST, Romania,

Ubisoft, creator of the critically acclaimed Silent Hunter series, featuring titles such as Silent Hunter 3, and Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific, has recently announced a new marketing system for Silent Hunter 5: Battle of the Atlantic.

"We're really excited about what this new feature might possibly allow us to do at somepoint in the future, maybe," said Dan Dimitrescu, lead designer of Ubisoft Romania. "We think we are now able to bring more content into the hands of our customers, and more money to our shareholder's pockets. With great pleasure, we announce: Silent Hunter 5: DLC of the Atlantic."

A new innovation in the Silent Hunter series, Silent Hunter 5: DLC of the Atlantic will allow player to purchase brand new items in the series. "All we had to do was delete some lines of code, and say we were 'focusing on the quality of the simulation,'" a leaked memo revealed. Also from that memo, was a list of DLC. Players can choose from various purchases, from a brand new type IX submarine for $10, to a "Bernard" model for the crew. (We could not get a further comment on this.)

Silent Hunter 5: Battle of the Atlantic is coming to PC in March, 2010.
totodog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-10, 07:53 PM   #2
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Wow , a type IX with full interior for $10 . I will take a type 2 for another $10 as well .
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-10, 07:57 PM   #3
Kapitanleutnant
Frogman

Downloads: 22

Quote:
Wow , a type IX with full interior for $10 . I will take a type 2 for another $10 as well .
So you've just paid the price of a full game for three u-boats that should have been in the original game from day one.
Perhaps you'd be interested in perusing my fine selection of bridges.
Old 01-19-10, 08:01 PM   #4
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapitanleutnant View Post
So you've just paid the price of a full game for three u-boats that should have been in the original game from day one.
I would have liked them to be in the original game but they are not . If this is the new way of getting the content we want then i am not going to cut off my nose to spite my face .
Old 01-19-10, 08:10 PM   #5
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapitanleutnant View Post
What i wont agree with is if ubi decide to have DLC (payware) and the modder isnt allowed to do the same . Say you spent weeks making those bridges and wanted to sell them as payware . Thats fine because if they werent top notch and i wanted them then i keep my money . I agree with payware going hand in hand with freeware . Its a way of getting top notch models . Others may not agree LOL .
Old 01-19-10, 08:13 PM   #6
JU_88
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 11

Uh....Me thinks Totos quote ^ up there is rather cynical fake, but pretty funny though

Payware is fine by me if the prices arent extortionate and you end up with the game you want.
Check out the gazzlion addons for Railworks available through Steam.
Im not convinced SH5 will go down this road though.
JU_88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-10, 08:14 PM   #7
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Knuckle heads !!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-19-10, 08:16 PM   #8
Kapitanleutnant
Frogman

Downloads: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by JU_88 View Post
Uh....Me thinks Totos quote ^ up there is rather cinical fake, but pretty funny though
Fake now, but prescient, I bet.
Want HMS Warspite in your game? That'll be another $10 thankyouverymuch.
Old 01-19-10, 08:18 PM   #9
Task Force
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 85

LOL, I loled at the bernard bit...

Now I can know Im shooting the right guy out the tube... lol
Old 01-19-10, 08:32 PM   #10
Carotio
Mr. Bad Wolf

Downloads: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
I would have liked them to be in the original game but they are not . If this is the new way of getting the content we want then i am not going to cut off my nose to spite my face .
Ever heard of boycut? Or mass protest? It generally works if lots of estimated customers do it. Anyone remember KrazyFrenchman or whatever name he used in the ubi forums, when he buzzed ubi representatives for getting the 1.4 patch for SH4, and lots of people called and mailed their offices daily till they finally gave up.

That's the sort of thing we need to do, tell them we want all the regular types commisioned in the war as we can read at uboat.net, and that we ain't buying the game till they all are there in the original game. Why should WE who are paying THEM just raise the white flag, give up and accept any little bone they throw us? THEY should please US, who pay THEM. Look at that poll in our subsim SH5 forum asking for one perfect or all playable uboats, and see the clear majority for all types. THAT should really give THEM a hint about what WE want. I know I don't speak for all, but most members did vote for all types.

Personally, I was really looking forward to sail out in an IXb in better graphics this time, but I find it utterly unacceptable to be enforced to buy a game model for X $ extra by download, if this is even going to be the case. First of all, I never buy games by download, PERIOD. I want my games on a disc. And I'm sure most people do too. And second, it would be the never ending story for each little bone: $$$$$$$

Download my mods from SHMF
Follow my photography here
taler dansk, speak English, spreche Deutsch, parle fraais, forstår svenska/norsk, comprendo castellano
Carotio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-10, 03:15 AM   #11
msalama
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 99

Quote:
Ever heard of boycut? Or mass protest?
Nah, correctional institutes for wayward game developers would be more effective IMHO.
msalama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-10, 04:42 AM   #12
elanaiba
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 3

Is that some kind of vacation? Want!

elanaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-10, 09:06 AM   #13
Uber Gruber
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Its a new type of hair style for young aspiring male vocalists.
Old 01-20-10, 10:07 AM   #14
msalama
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 99

Quote:
Is that some kind of vacation? Want!
But of course, Sir.

And a splendid vacation it is indeed, with us the HC Pixel Kaleun Institute giving you a nice soft padded room and crayons to write our daily course assignments with. We offer a relaxed atmosphere and a personalized restorative medication program, and our supportive re-education curriculum aims for a complete rehabilitation with the main topics dealing with such themes as "the Subsim herd - how to obey unconditionally" and "how to stop writing games with alleged arcade content giving flatulence to wannabe sub captains".

Just enroll NOW and you'll never be your bad old wayward self again, Sir!
msalama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-10, 10:14 AM   #15
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carotio View Post
Ever heard of boycut? Or mass protest? It generally works if lots of estimated customers do it. Anyone remember KrazyFrenchman or whatever name he used in the ubi forums, when he buzzed ubi representatives for getting the 1.4 patch for SH4, and lots of people called and mailed their offices daily till they finally gave up.
We're not hosting any boycotts here. And if you think Krzy Frenchman was the reasons the 1.4 patch came through, you are even more wrong.