SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-06-18, 12:54 PM   #1
Imarider
Mate

Downloads: 98
Uploads: 0
Default No clouds

I have played a few mods for sh4 and noticed that after i install some stuff clouds dissapear. I know a bit structure of folders in game, but can't understand what is a problem. If someone have any things about that, please post in this thread.
Imarider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-18, 03:54 PM   #2
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Several issues may be rearing their ugly heads at you for what you are describing... First things first though, can you describe your computer and game setup?

1. What Operating System are you using? (such as Windows 7 or Windows 10??)
2. What version of game media do you have? (such as Steam download, or DVD disk??)
3. What folder do you have Silent Hunter installed in? (such as "C:\Program Files (x86)\ Ubisoft\..." or "C:\Games\ Ubisoft\..."??)
4. What mods are you attempting to activate? (such as TMO or OM??)
5. Are you using JSGME to activate that mod(s)?

It might be a partially activated mod, if you are in the Program Files folder. Let us know what you have...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-18, 04:46 PM   #3
Imarider
Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Several issues may be rearing their ugly heads at you for what you are describing... First things first though, can you describe your computer and game setup?

1. What Operating System are you using? (such as Windows 7 or Windows 10??)
2. What version of game media do you have? (such as Steam download, or DVD disk??)
3. What folder do you have Silent Hunter installed in? (such as "C:\Program Files (x86)\ Ubisoft\..." or "C:\Games\ Ubisoft\..."??)
4. What mods are you attempting to activate? (such as TMO or OM??)
5. Are you using JSGME to activate that mod(s)?

It might be a partially activated mod, if you are in the Program Files folder. Let us know what you have...
Windows 7, DVD, D:\Silent Hunter, Soviet Farvater, OM with reworked campaign as addon, using JSGME only. It's mod, yes, but what files can do this bug? Becouse all files the same as in TMO, where clouds is ok. OM, as i remember, ok, but when i activate addon with the same files, exclude campaign files only, i get this (bug???). I deleted all textures files that may cause this bug, environment files are the same, so i can't understand what folder may be a reason, what files...
Old 03-07-18, 01:00 AM   #4
Imarider
Mate

Fixed, it's just about Campaign folder, so i guess it depends on what start you have
Old 03-07-18, 09:32 AM   #5
propbeanie

Sorry I missed your post yesterday. Your game set-up appears to be fine. Are you saying that it is the re-worked campaign files that caused the issue? Do those files have changes to the weather in any of the lines numbered 10 to 20 in each of the MIS files? This is the "default" lines:

Fog=0
FogRand=0
Clouds=0
CloudsRand=0
Precip=0
PrecipRand=0
WindHeading=0
WindSpeed=5.000000
WindRand=0
WeatherRndInterval=5
SeaType=0
... the game also has a tendency to get "stuck" in some weather patterns under certain conditions, and one way to get out of that would be to Save the game, exit the game to Windows, re-start the game and re-load the Save. However, that does prolong the agony sometimes, since it re-sets the "counter" (that WeatherRndInterval=5 line). There are members here more fully qualitfied to be "weathermen" than myself, and may have more insight into what you're experiencing...

Another help might be the use of the LAA (Large Address Aware) utility. CapnScurvy has a thread on its use in Windows 10 here: Windows10; Large Address Aware; SH4 Install. While it is for Windows 10, most of that does apply to Windows 7 also, ~if~ you have a 64-bit version. LAA will help the game run better, by allowing the game more system RAM use...

Old 03-07-18, 01:38 PM   #6
Imarider
Mate

For me TMO too started withot clouds until i have installed Traveller mod, that chages campaign files. I don't want to redact canpaign .mis files, becouse i nevr do it and if author of the mod decide to make it how they are, so ok. But thanks for advice
Old 03-07-18, 01:46 PM   #7
propbeanie

Give LAA a try, and see if the game doesn't run better with its use. Pay heed to what CapnScurvy says about the set-up though...

Old 03-21-18, 04:33 PM   #8
engines847
Swabbie

Downloads: 17

My campaigns have no clouds in them since I installed OMEGU, the best I could get was some light fog. War patrols and the scripted quick missions have weather though.

Where are these MIS files you speak of? The list of weather variables? I have a feeling this is it but I am new to modding. Use small words please.

Win7, Steam
OpsMonsun_V705
OMv705_to_V720
OMv720_Patch5
OMEGU_v300
OMEGU_v300_Patch7
OM_SH3_Command_Keys
Spaxs SH4 Uboat SPEECH FIX_V8

Last edited by engines847; 03-21-18 at 09:50 PM.
engines847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-18, 04:44 PM   #9
Bleiente
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

So it's clear either - it's up to you or your PC.
The clouds are here - just install the modes according to the commands given to you by Lurker.

Old 03-21-18, 09:57 PM   #10
engines847
Swabbie

Thanks for your generic non-input.
Old 03-22-18, 04:28 AM   #11
Bleiente
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Sorry - I did not mean to be rude.

Old 03-22-18, 09:29 AM   #12
engines847
Swabbie

Sorry it was me who was being rude, I think you saw my original quote of the MIS files I'm looking for and thought I had found them. I have not. I am very new to modding and thought you were trolling me. My apologies sir.
Old 03-22-18, 11:20 AM   #13
propbeanie

The MIS files engines847, are in the "GameFolder/ Data/ Campaigns/ CampaignGE/ CampaignData" folder. However, a couple things:

1. That usually is NOT the problem. Starting a Career will usually result in a "fresh" start, which includes the weather. Generally speaking, that includes sunshine and minimal clouds. As the game progresses, the weather will change. There is a "default" value for that somewhere, but I do not recall where. Usually speaking, after you're out a few days, you see the weather changing. On the Fleetboat side, I took off for Empire Waters from Pearl, nary a cloud in the sky for almost 10 days. Then it clouded-up, seas got rough, and we went into typhoon mode all within about a 12 hour period. Then it stormed for over 10 days and went right back to idyllic weather, unless you're driving a submarine in enemy-infested waters, trying to sink something and not be seen so well as to get sunk yourself...

2. You've got a Steam install in Win7. I've got that for SH5 and SH3. Steam can seem to be a bother when attempting to mod the game. However, it's a Windows issue... Where do you have the game installed? If you are in "C:\Program Files (x86)\ Steam...", we'll have you move it elsewhere (Steam "Library"). Let us know where you have the game installed and we'll go from there with that...

There was something else I was going to ask you, but oldmanitis strikes again, and the thought fell out of my ears onto the floor and runnd-off on me - that's "R-U-N-D, O-F-T...

Old 03-22-18, 11:50 AM   #14
engines847
Swabbie

Hi again propbeanie. Yes I've installed SH4 out of program files, you helped me with that a couple weeks ago. I found the MIS files but don't know which program to use to view them. Notepad doesn't display anything.

Edit: Since I posted this I had some partial clouds and light fog on the return voyage... Minor glitches with crew / submarine icons missing from their stations and I thought I had a problem with TI's bugging and exploding too early but it was just rough seas (didn't seem to be a problem before). Hopefully the missing icons isn't an ominous sign of what's to come, but I think the game is in a playable enough state for now. Thanks to all for the help.

Last edited by engines847; 03-22-18 at 03:41 PM.
Old 03-22-18, 03:53 PM   #15
propbeanie

Ahhh yesh , the oldmanitis ~again~...

In the meantime, Open Notepad, do the File, Open... and use the browser dialog to navigate to where your file is. Then, use the little file extension drop-down box, where it initially says "Text Documents (*.txt)", just above the "Open" button, and choose "All Files (*.*)" there, and you should now see all of the MIS files. You could also use Notepad++, which adds a choice to the Windows Explorer for "Edit in Notepad++" when you right-click a file name... I will just about guarantee you though, that almost all of the mis files will have the lines from above, verbatim:
Fog=0
FogRand=0
Clouds=0
CloudsRand=0
Precip=0
PrecipRand=0
WindHeading=0
WindSpeed=5.000000
WindRand=0
WeatherRndInterval=5
SeaType=0
Those are the "default" values...