Click here to access the Helosim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Helosim.com and Flight Sims

Old 04-23-09, 05:01 AM   #301
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

Default New mini patch (1.30c) available for OFF phase 3

Hello,
you can download it from here, downloads section:
http://www.overflandersfields.com/

This was done by new information from the aerodrome forum as well as from user observations ..
Remember if you want to still play the "hard damage" mod you will have to install this AFTER the 1.30c patch again - if you are content with things how they are, just leave this out.

This will update v1.30 or higher of BH&H to V1.30c

Improvements and Fixes in V1.30c:
- Ground fire effect lessened across the board (Ground MG and Flak accuracy and range reduced)
- Ground fire "Realistic" setting renamed to "Hard". Normal is recommended realism
- Improvement on % rating for settings
- Observer gun bullet spread increased slightly across the board to help with accurate gunners
- Parabellum gunner accuracy fixed (was not variable and too accurate)
- Strutter observer gun down angle reduced
- Renamed Front and Rear Guns settings
- MG Tracer effects improved
- Sopwith Strutter damage model wings strength reduced
- Albatros D.V. and D.V. later damage model tweak (small fix aileron cable location)
- Sopwith Triplane minor damage model tweak

Greetings,
Catfish
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-09, 03:30 AM   #302
Catfish

Hello,

OFF review at Epic-Geek, nice if a bit short. It even compares OFF with Rof - Clark Gable and John Wayne LOL

http://www.epic-geek.com/2009/05/ove...en-heaven.html

Greetings,
Catfish
Old 06-02-09, 01:09 AM   #303
GSpector
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 11

Well, I'm happy to say that I finally was able to get my copy and even had some fun flying.

Only glitch I had was at the end on Mission 2, the sim seemed to have locked up for about 10 minutes just after the engine stopped.

I restarted and checked my states. I was bummed to see it only showed 1 Mission flown. When I ended the next Mission, it now shows I flew 3 Missions but only logged 2

I just have 1 question, I saw where the "Realism" was set to 100. Is there a way to change the Realism setting?
Old 06-04-09, 03:44 PM   #304
Catfish

Hello Spector,

" ...I restarted and checked my states. I was bummed to see it only showed 1 Mission flown. When I ended the next Mission, it now shows I flew 3 Missions but only logged 2 ..."

don't know what happend there - there are a lot of settings that can be changed, so unless you have a vanilla installation ... one thing is that e.g. single or quick missions usually do not count as missions in campaign, those flight modes are separated - so they will not show up there. You CAN however change this in the workshop settings. But if you changed this and your pilot dies in a quick or single mission he will also be dead in campaign, and you will have to create a new pilot. I have to admit it took some time for me to accept this kind of dealing with pilot "roles", but i began to like it after a few campaigns ... never reached the 17 hours surviving time though lol.

" ... I just have 1 question, I saw where the "Realism" was set to 100. Is there a way to change the Realism setting? ..."

Hello, well there's the so-called "workshop" button available from the main menu, and you can adjust all kinds of behaviour there. Accuracy of enemy shots, of own, its velocity, how "real" or "forgiving" the flight model is etc., and you will see the realism number at the lower left according to your settings. However OFF is designed to be flown by real settings if it concerns the flight model - so i would not at least change this to get the most real behaviour out of the different planes. Only exception probably being the Fokker Dr.I, which seems to behave more "real" with easy FM settings - according to some comment of a pilot who flew a replica with rotary engine.

I am still having a blast with OFF, but i admit i am also looking forward to RoF - maybe they will somehow turn down this online request even to fly single missions, because general dislike aside this will most probably be illegal in the EU. But then i guess this will be also cracked sooner or later via redirecting ports or whatever hrrrm ..

Greetings,
Catfish
Old 06-04-09, 03:56 PM   #305
GSpector
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
Hello Spector,

" ...I restarted and checked my states. I was bummed to see it only showed 1 Mission flown. When I ended the next Mission, it now shows I flew 3 Missions but only logged 2 ..."

don't know what happend there - there are a lot of settings that can be changed, so unless you have a vanilla installation ... one thing is that e.g. single or quick missions usually do not count as missions in campaign, those flight modes are separated - so they will not show up there. You CAN however change this in the workshop settings. But if you changed this and your pilot dies in a quick or single mission he will also be dead in campaign, and you will have to create a new pilot. I have to admit it took some time for me to accept this kind of dealing with pilot "roles", but i began to like it after a few campaigns ... never reached the 17 hours surviving time though lol.

" ... I just have 1 question, I saw where the "Realism" was set to 100. Is there a way to change the Realism setting? ..."

Hello, well there's the so-called "workshop" button available from the main menu, and you can adjust all kinds of behaviour there. Accuracy of enemy shots, of own, its velocity, how "real" or "forgiving" the flight model is etc., and you will see the realism number at the lower left according to your settings. However OFF is designed to be flown by real settings if it concerns the flight model - so i would not at least change this to get the most real behaviour out of the different planes. Only exception probably being the Fokker Dr.I, which seems to behave more "real" with easy FM settings - according to some comment of a pilot who flew a replica with rotary engine.

I am still having a blast with OFF, but i admit i am also looking forward to RoF - maybe they will somehow turn down this online request even to fly single missions, because general dislike aside this will most probably be illegal in the EU. But then i guess this will be also cracked sooner or later via redirecting ports or whatever hrrrm ..

Greetings,
Catfish

Thank you for the reply. I was only able to last 4 flown missions before my end I had not tried the single missions yet, just campaign.

I too am no fan of online missions.

I was curious what the "workshop" was. I thought that was where I could paint my aircraft so that's why I had not looked there. I did look after my last message here and was able to see what it offered for realism and how it changed after updating my version.

I am still enjoying the sim and the visuals
Old 06-06-09, 06:38 PM   #306
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 297

Hey guys; out of curiosity, how long did it take you to receive your copies? It's been about a month for me & I'm still being kept in suspense by the distributor (not to criticize the OFF team itself, which has been trying to help me deal with their antics). Oh well; at least they were quick to charge my credit card...
iambecomelife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-09, 07:13 PM   #307
GSpector
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by iambecomelife View Post
Hey guys; out of curiosity, how long did it take you to receive your copies? It's been about a month for me & I'm still being kept in suspense by the distributor (not to criticize the OFF team itself, which has been trying to help me deal with their antics). Oh well; at least they were quick to charge my credit card...
Wow, I think I waited just under 1 week for my copy. I paid using PayPal and was sent a confirmation of the order within a few minutes of the order.

I live in Colorado, so I don't know if that makes a difference since I don't know where you live.
Old 06-07-09, 06:08 AM   #308
GSpector
Seasoned Skipper

Ok, now that I've upgraded to ver. 1.30c, I'm really having problems completing a mission.

I'm not talking about the missions being harder, I'm talking about just finishing, dead or alive. Seems that at random times, I'll just be flying around, either in combat or not, I will just get booted back to the after mission screen where I can start a new mission.

Has anyone else had this problem?

I've uninstalled CFS 3 and OFF now and re-install, patched with newest version on CFS3 and OFF 1.30, then 1.30c. Still the same problem.

Is the latest patch buggy?
Old 06-08-09, 08:45 AM   #309
Cameljockey
Watch

Downloads: 0

Just out of curiosity, what are your system specs and what are your graphics sliders set at? I'll help any way I can.

CJ
Cameljockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-09, 12:06 PM   #310
GSpector
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameljockey View Post
Just out of curiosity, what are your system specs and what are your graphics sliders set at? I'll help any way I can.

CJ
Thank you forthe offer.

I think I was able to fix the problem. I was reading the FAQ's on the Official OFF Board and noticed some possible issues that were related to either Memory Stick problems or available Memory issues.

4GB of RAM (though WinXP only reports 3.25GB)
512MB Ram on the NVidia 8600GS
AMD Athlon 64 x2 Dual Core 4600+ (2.40 GHz CPU)

I decided to set Aircraft & Details to 4, Clouds & Terrain to 3 and that "seems" to have fixed the problem.

Now the only crashing I seem to do is shortly after I run into Fokker Dr.1's . I think the fix for that is to "Turn & Run"

So far, I've lasted just a bit over 5 hours but of my 16 claims, only 4 were approved
Old 06-08-09, 12:35 PM   #311
Cameljockey
Watch

Glad to hear you have it sorted out, GSpector!

CJ

PS: How do I change my avatar on this forum?

Last edited by Cameljockey; 06-08-09 at 12:48 PM.
Old 06-08-09, 02:38 PM   #312
GSpector
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:

CJ

To change the Avatar, I think you need to beg & Plead to the powers that be, here on the site, or it may be listed in the FAQ's somewhere
Old 06-08-09, 02:41 PM   #313
Raptor1
Navy Seal

Downloads: 13

Quote:

CJ

More posts or a donation (For a custom one)...
Old 06-08-09, 06:03 PM   #314
Cameljockey
Watch

Thanks guys. If I start spending a little more time here I might subscribe. Not too spiffy on the subsims though. Maybe I spent too much time around Lafayette class boomers and LA class fast boats. These days I like to stay above sea level. I'll be in and out though.

Later,
CJ
Old 06-10-09, 03:19 AM   #315
GSpector
Seasoned Skipper

Just wondering how you other guys (and gals, if any) are doing in the Sim.

Currently, I am flying for the US, flown just over 10 Hours, 21 Confirmed Air Victories, and 4 Medals.

I know I set the realism down a bit to see if I can get into and enjoy this Sim but I just have 1 questions about the Medals.

How many different Medals are there for the US side. I seem to have 4 of the same.