SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-08-17, 05:23 PM   #1
Werewolf
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 69
Uploads: 0
Default Modding instruments

A few daft questions:

Can anyone here explain, or point me in the direction of a tutorial that explains, how to make instruments, especially radar sets, from scrap? I've played around with it, but I always fail, especially the radar is tricky I think. Furthermore, is it possible to add more digits to the range display for higher performing radar than WWII ones?

And finally, does anyone know whether it's possible to actually put a radar console on the bridge/ in the conning tower structure.
Werewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-17, 11:55 AM   #2
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

I don't know about making things from scratch but if you want to take something already in the game and reskin it differently, that can be done

we are pretty limited to just changing whats already there so im not sure if its possible to create new things in new places, that said, if you do it by moving something already there and relocating it, I think that's the way to get what you are after, not sure how skilled you will need to be to do it though
Old 02-09-17, 12:01 PM   #3
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

You can pretty much put any 3D object, but as Webster says the only things that object can display that are related to the gameplay are encoded. So you are effectively limited to whatever type of radar display the game has, etc, you just can put it in an improved or modified 3D cage.