Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-28-17, 10:19 AM   #451
cmundt
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 48
Uploads: 0
Default Hello!

Hey guys, first post here. Colton, 20 from Chicago. Ive always been a big fan of WWII sims and SH5 caught my eye! Thats how i got here!
cmundt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-17, 01:09 PM   #452
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > cmundt
Subsim <> How To Donate <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
If you are new to SH5 look > > HERE << STEAM is not compatible with the essential application TDW’s Generic File Patcher
Steam Conversion Installation Instructions for SH5 Updated Version
Highly Recommended SH5 > The Wolves Of Steel Mega Mod > Includes Optional KSDCommander And Working Enigma M4 Machine
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-17, 02:00 PM   #453
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome aboard!

cmundt!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-17, 10:19 AM   #454
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Welcome to SubSim Colton

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-17, 04:03 PM   #455
rolandslaw
Bosun

Downloads: 66
Default Welcome 2 Subsim

Gents:

Interesting past 4 or 5 days. My pc sys was acting up badly. Hit an icon to start a program and ......... it would disappear. well I tried everything ......... more items went into the ether. I did not want to reinstall windows 10 and did not want to back everything up .... so hired a tech ,m........ who after 2 hours........... we need to reinstall a new copy of windows!#@!@3

Well I finally got windows 10 installed and finally got my 2nd hd recognized as :"E" again.

Problem... "SH5.exe" was one of the files that was sent to DDE ... I do not have a DDe:<)

Anyone know how to reinstall the sh5.exe file in folder? any help would be appreciated.

Stryker
Roland
rolandslaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-17, 08:42 AM   #456
OldWulf85
Engineer

Downloads: 43

Welcome cmundt !

We joined the navy to see the world.
And what did we see? We saw the sea
OldWulf85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-17, 08:57 AM   #457
Gunfighter
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 133
Default Leaving SH5 GUNFIGHTER

Hi Guys Gunfighter is leaving SH5 can not play it now because of the B,s at Uplay can not get on to play SH5 And fed up with them So Bye everyone who got to know me over the years going back to SH4 where Uplay cant get to me.
Old 04-22-17, 09:07 AM   #458
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunfighter View Post
Hi Guys Gunfighter is leaving SH5 can not play it now because of the B,s at Uplay can not get on to play SH5 And fed up with them So Bye everyone who got to know me over the years going back to SH4 where Uplay cant get to me.
Until next time!
Oh, by the way...

vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-17, 09:15 AM   #459
Gunfighter
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 133
Default Leaving SH5

Yer Thanks for the Tip vdr1981 but I'm sick of the hassle
Old 04-22-17, 09:21 AM   #460
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunfighter View Post
I blame it all on that McClaren guy

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-17, 07:41 AM   #461
Captain Deckwash
Medic

Downloads: 356
Icon14 AHOY!

Hi ya fellas! Just to say hello in the right place! This is a great site with great guys all working to one end. I salute ALL of you, the hard worked mod makers particularly!

Captain Deckwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-17, 12:17 PM   #462
Geoff then
Gunner

Default ALAAAARM!

Hello, fellow Submariners. As you can propably tell, I am a new member of this forum. In fact i am entirely new to this genre. My name is Tobias, 27, Germany. And as it happens, I live in the exact City, where the last existing type VII boat is located.
I don't know why this happened, but a few months ago i wanted to play a subsim )) I remember, back in my early youth, i played games like Wolfpack and Silent Service on my Amiga, but thats about it in terms of experience.
So i read much about SH5, and not much of it was good, but it still looked quite interesting. So, a few days later, i saw SH3-5 in a Shop for 7€, and instantly grabbed it. At first i was all satisfied with SH5, but of course you cannot bypass all these mitakes, and especially after i played a few hours of SH4, i realized what SH5 could have been. Beeing at 30m depth and 3 Destroyers constantly pinging at me and throwing depth charges for HOURS...and 1 hit with some tiny little damage...yeah. And in SH4 one destroyer bypasses me throws 3 charges and i instantly die. BUT THATS WHAT I WANT. I WANT SH5 TO BE LIKE SH4. Can you help me with that? Can someone give me some cool advices for mods. I don't want all graphical changes and optical tweaks, what i want most is the fix for the biggest bugs and a bit more realism in terms of danger. And i want to have better command options for my crew, like in SH4. It can't be possible that i have to go to my Radioguy and turn the Funkmess on everytime i surface. Thats not what Commanders should be doing, is it?
I also have seen that there are unbinded commands for the crew in the cfg,so it seems to be possible?! I would be very happy for any help and/or suggestions from some Veterans.
Gute Jagd!
Geoff then is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-17, 04:35 AM   #464
genes
Nub

Default Here I am...

Hi everyone,

English is not my strenght, I learned what I know by reading or viewing movies, therefore I will try to write something but without the help of google translator (it says things I don't really think... damn), so forgive me.

Born in Italy 59 years ago, some knowledge in electronic and as my job is sound engineer (engineer improperly but You know, Italy is strange...) i should love the music, instead my passion is my bike (Africa Twin Honda).

I play my 3 guitars when I'm inspired from the muse and play the games when I can do (that is, frequently, cause find the job in Italy is ever more hard).

Me, my wife and my son complete the picture, so what can I tell You anymore? Boh...

Cheers

PS: SH5 is my game, modded TWoS but not working on my case, and so I reinstalled SH5.

PPS: I'm not guilty for how I have writed, so is enterely at Your charge
genes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-17, 04:40 AM   #465
hauangua
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1328

Quote:
Originally Posted by genes View Post
Hi everyone,

English is not my strenght, I learned what I know by reading or viewing movies, therefore I will try to write something but without the help of google translator (it says things I don't really think... damn), so forgive me.

Born in Italy 59 years ago, some knowledge in electronic and as my job is sound engineer (engineer improperly but You know, Italy is strange...) i should love the music, instead my passion is my bike (Africa Twin Honda).

I play my 3 guitars when I'm inspired from the muse and play the game when I can do (that is, frequently, cause find the job in Italy is ever more hard).

Me, my wife and my son complete the picture, so what can I tell You anymore? Boh...

Cheers

PS: SH5 is my game, modded TWoS but not working on my case, and so I reinstalled SH5.

PSS: I'm not guilty for how I have writed, so is enterely at Your charge
Welcome genes
Sempre un piacere incontrare un comandante Italiano

Problemi con TWoS? Chiedi pure
ps my name Luca... From Verona

Tags
intro, introduction