SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-03-17, 07:42 AM   #7276
Maroy33
Swabbie

Downloads: 66
Uploads: 0

Ok im after fresh install with your suggested step and that didnt help sadly.
But from what i see its strick bug with IO strategic map, cause rest working ok.
I took second screenshot after fresh install:

As you can see there is definitely bug with this map, cause one border should cover whole map and its not, its a bit smaller as you see on screen. And this plastic should cover whole map also but it cover just small rectangle in this map.
This is screen just right after briefing where i should pick up my mission on map, as you see i dont have any objectives to choose
Both plastic and border cant be moved or anything.
Maroy33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-17, 07:54 AM   #7277
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maroy33 View Post

As you can see there is definitely bug with this map, cause one border should cover whole map and its not, its a bit smaller as you see on screen. And this plastic should cover whole map also but it cover just small rectangle in this map.
This is screen just right after briefing where i should pick up my mission on map, as you see i dont have any objectives to choose
Both plastic and border cant be moved or anything.
I see , but I can not label the issue as a "bug" because the problem definitely is not in the mod it self...It works just fine for me and for bunch of other people.

Don't know what to suggest you anymore, sorry. Keep an eye on this thread , maybe someone with similar problem (and solution) will pop-up eventually.

And if you find solution somehow for your self, don't forget to post it here so we can spread the knowledge...
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-17, 08:06 AM   #7278
vdr1981
Navy Seal

One more question...
Did you try to start campaign with disabled "Campaign Advance Verifier Testing_For TWoS 1.06" ?
Old 03-03-17, 08:09 AM   #7279
Maroy33
Swabbie

From what i saw on YT after selecting "what are my mission order?" exactly same map as mine just shows for 1 sec then disappear and normal map appear, and in my case this map just stay.

For example this movie (start watching from 8:39 after he select mission

And notice this 1 sec map change after he clicked select mission. This is where i get screwed.

But once more thanks for help. SH5 gonna be uninstalled and gonna grab more dust and its too bad. Going back to SH3. Old game that works without issues.

Have a nice day
Old 03-03-17, 08:15 AM   #7280
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
From what i saw on YT after selecting "what are my mission order?" exactly same map as mine just shows for 1 sec then disappear and normal map appear
That's exactly what should have happen for you as well...
Old 03-03-17, 08:16 AM   #7281
Topo65
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 382

Quote:
Ok im after fresh install with your suggested step and that didnt help sadly.
But from what i see its strick bug with IO strategic map, cause rest working ok.
I took second screenshot after fresh install:...
You installed the game in Program Files?

I think I saw that problem on another occasion but I do not remember how it happened.

Is your game properly upgraded to the official version 1.2 before applying the mods?
Topo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-17, 08:24 AM   #7282
Maroy33
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topo65 View Post
You installed the game in Program Files?

I think I saw that problem on another occasion but I do not remember how it happened.

Is your game properly upgraded to the official version 1.2 before applying the mods?
My game is on "c:\silent hunter 5" it is upgraded to 1.2 cause its first step before modding. After deactivating mods everything works without issues, so yeah its mod pack error that can be possible on some pc configs if other people dont report any problems. And since this mod pack is exe i cant config mods individualy, that means whole mod pack disable and install mods one by one and i dont have time for this.
Im gonna check here from time to time to see if anything new appear that i can try like new update or something.
Old 03-03-17, 09:06 AM   #7283
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
My game is on "c:\silent hunter 5" it is upgraded to 1.2 cause its first step before modding. After deactivating mods everything works without issues, so yeah its mod pack error that can be possible on some pc configs if other people dont report any problems. And since this mod pack is exe i cant config mods individualy, that means whole mod pack disable and install mods one by one and i dont have time for this.
Im gonna check here from time to time to see if anything new appear that i can try like new update or something.
What's going on with your maps screen in some historical mission for example?
Old 03-03-17, 09:18 AM   #7284
Maroy33
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
What's going on with your maps screen in some historical mission for example?
Just checked 3 random historical missions and on all when i open map i get same view as in my previous screenshots with small border and small plastic rectangle.
Old 03-03-17, 09:25 AM   #7285
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Just checked 3 random historical missions and on all when i open map i get same view as in my previous screenshots with small border and small plastic rectangle.
Remember these settings from few minutes ago?

Code:
[DEVELOPING]
Modding=Yes
;MenuEditor=Yes
DebugScripts=Yes
Remove ";" to enable Debugging scripts, start the game, try to enter map screen and if the game freezes , alt-tab the game and check the message window...

Maybe this can tell us something...
Old 03-03-17, 09:41 AM   #7286
Maroy33
Swabbie

Quote:
Remember these settings from few minutes ago?

Code:
[DEVELOPING]
Modding=Yes
;MenuEditor=Yes
DebugScripts=Yes
Remove ";" to enable Debugging scripts, start the game, try to enter map screen and if the game freezes , alt-tab the game and check the message window...

Maybe this can tell us something...
I indeed get freeze and error:

Old 03-03-17, 09:55 AM   #7287
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
I indeed get freeze and error:

Now we are getting somewhere...

EDIT

Have you tried to start the game with disabled "Campaign Advance Verifier Testing_For TWoS 1.06" optional addon ?
Old 03-03-17, 10:08 AM   #7288
Maroy33
Swabbie

Quote:
Now we are getting somewhere...

EDIT

Have you tried to start the game with disabled "Campaign Advance Verifier Testing_For TWoS 1.06" optional addon ?
Ohh yes!!!
Right after i disabled this campaign advance verifer testing everything works like a charm I have no idea why i didn't disabled this earlier for tests......
Well, so its kinda my fault that i enabled this. But i hope this error can give you some advice on future updates.
Once again thanks for great help
And sorry for little confusion that i made cause my brain is working today on slow think mode.

Old 03-03-17, 10:48 AM   #7289
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Ohh yes!!!
Right after i disabled this campaign advance verifer testing everything works like a charm I have no idea why i didn't disabled this earlier for tests......
Well, so its kinda my fault that i enabled this. But i hope this error can give you some advice on future updates.
Once again thanks for great help
And sorry for little confusion that i made cause my brain is working today on slow think mode.

Great!
But still, question why that addon cause problems for you and not for me still remains...We need Old coder's help here...
Old 03-03-17, 11:06 AM   #7290
Maroy33
Swabbie

Quote:
But still, question why that addon cause problems for you and not for me still remains...We need Old coder's help here...
Well if i can help with this more or something just say, like more debug errors etc, but coding is out of my reach