SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-01-10, 01:18 PM   #31
Marka Ragnos
Weps

Downloads: 184
Uploads: 0

The darker texture looks great, looks a rebel sub
Old 06-12-10, 07:41 PM   #32
Silverwolf
Officer

Downloads: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alert 1 View Post
will there be a black version to?
Yes, the black version is for early war. The camo is late war.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haozhibof1 View Post
Great work!
maybe I will suggest moving the flag a bit forward
I moved it forward and I have the pole disappearing as well when submerging.

Here is a beta of the sub. The interior is not done yet so the stock one is still there. It works for all the super mods except TMO 2.0. I haven't looked to see what files are changed so you can try it if you wish but I can't say if it will work. Once i finish the interior I'll put up a patch for TMO 2.0.

http://www.filefront.com/16730621/Interceptor_Beta.rar

As always make sure the unitparts.upc files are in numerical order. I believe there will be two unipart.upc files if you install the sub with a supermod, delete the one that is #8.

GameFront page: http://www.gamefront.com/files/user/Silverwolf996
Silverwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-10, 12:16 AM   #33
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverwolf View Post
Yes, the black version is for early war. The camo is late war.

I moved it forward and I have the pole disappearing as well when submerging.

Here is a beta of the sub. The interior is not done yet so the stock one is still there. It works for all the super mods except TMO 2.0. I haven't looked to see what files are changed so you can try it if you wish but I can't say if it will work. Once i finish the interior I'll put up a patch for TMO 2.0.

http://www.filefront.com/16730621/Interceptor_Beta.rar

As always make sure the unitparts.upc files are in numerical order. I believe there will be two unipart.upc files if you install the sub with a supermod, delete the one that is #8.
Excellent work. Some very unique thinking.

Just a suggestion for the unitpart problem. If you have a sub like this, where I assume the tower will not change during its use, eliminate the Unitparts by merging the compartments into the submarine.upc file. The only reason you would need a separate file is if the tower changed. For example when they cut down the 'tub' for the AA guns during WWII. That would solve the numbering problem and once you have the 'template' made you can use it for all your subs. Then you could also merge the tower.dat, sim etc with the sub also.
It will still allow you to upgrade the guns if necessary, but no more changing or replacing numbers in Unitparts and no more conflicts with other mods.
(At least not with the Unitparts section)
Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

peabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-10, 06:53 AM   #34
Marka Ragnos
Weps

WOW awesome!!!

Really love this one, 10/10

Will there be a campaign?
Old 06-13-10, 07:37 AM   #35
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

Heck, this is going to put the wind up the enemy.

May as well give it a spin.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
STEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-10, 01:40 PM   #36
Silverwolf
Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marka Ragnos View Post
WOW awesome!!!

Really love this one, 10/10

Will there be a campaign?
There will be a campaign for it once I get the interior done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peabody View Post
Excellent work. Some very unique thinking.

Just a suggestion for the unitpart problem. If you have a sub like this, where I assume the tower will not change during its use, eliminate the Unitparts by merging the compartments into the submarine.upc file. The only reason you would need a separate file is if the tower changed. For example when they cut down the 'tub' for the AA guns during WWII. That would solve the numbering problem and once you have the 'template' made you can use it for all your subs. Then you could also merge the tower.dat, sim etc with the sub also.
It will still allow you to upgrade the guns if necessary, but no more changing or replacing numbers in Unitparts and no more conflicts with other mods.
(At least not with the Unitparts section)
Peabody
So how exactly would I go about doing that? I merged over the .dat, .sim, ect and made sure there were no duplicate nodes and everything was in order. I also made sure that nothing called for the conning tower in the equipment file.
I started to work on the UPC. The first thing I tried was renaming all the unitpart sections to UserPlayerUnit and adjusting the numbers so nothing had a duplicate. Also commented out the section that calls the unitpart.upc file. Started up the game and got a CTD when trying to start a mission.

Next I tried merging over the unitpart section from the unitpart.upc file. I commented out the parts that change the texture and look for the conning tower files. I renamed the stuff back to how it was in the unitpart.upc file and readjusted the numbers. Started up the game and got a CTD when trying to start a mission.

I went back over the file for the past hour and a half and I'm pretty much stumped. I can pm you the upc data, maybe you can find something I missed.

Old 06-13-10, 07:49 PM   #37
peabody
Admiral

Quote:
There will be a campaign for it once I get the interior done.

So how exactly would I go about doing that? I merged over the .dat, .sim, ect and made sure there were no duplicate nodes and everything was in order. I also made sure that nothing called for the conning tower in the equipment file.
I started to work on the UPC. The first thing I tried was renaming all the unitpart sections to UserPlayerUnit and adjusting the numbers so nothing had a duplicate. Also commented out the section that calls the unitpart.upc file. Started up the game and got a CTD when trying to start a mission.

Next I tried merging over the unitpart section from the unitpart.upc file. I commented out the parts that change the texture and look for the conning tower files. I renamed the stuff back to how it was in the unitpart.upc file and readjusted the numbers. Started up the game and got a CTD when trying to start a mission.

I went back over the file for the past hour and a half and I'm pretty much stumped. I can pm you the upc data, maybe you can find something I missed.
I downloaded your sub and according to your upc file the tower changes. This idea won't work if the tower changes. That is the reason for the Unitparts file is to make the change in the tower. This is from your Subs.upc file. So for the idea to work the tower must remain the same. Sorry, I just assumed that on a sub like this the tower would stay the same.

[UserPlayerUnit 1.UnitPartSlot 1]
ID=InterceptorConningSlot
NameDisplayable=Conning Tower Mount
Type=NULL
AcceptedTypes=InterceptorConningTower ;Only UnitParts of this type could be placed here
IDLinkUnitPartIntervalDefault1= NULL, 1942-12-31, InterceptorConningMs9
IDLinkUnitPartIntervalDefault2= 1943-01-01, NULL, InterceptorConningMs32
ExternalNodeName3D= Z01

I don't know what changes, but if it doesn't need to change then the idea will work.

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

Old 06-14-10, 12:03 PM   #38
Silverwolf
Officer

Quote:
I downloaded your sub and according to your upc file the tower changes. This idea won't work if the tower changes. That is the reason for the Unitparts file is to make the change in the tower. This is from your Subs.upc file. So for the idea to work the tower must remain the same. Sorry, I just assumed that on a sub like this the tower would stay the same.

[UserPlayerUnit 1.UnitPartSlot 1]
ID=InterceptorConningSlot
NameDisplayable=Conning Tower Mount
Type=NULL
AcceptedTypes=InterceptorConningTower ;Only UnitParts of this type could be placed here
IDLinkUnitPartIntervalDefault1= NULL, 1942-12-31, InterceptorConningMs9
IDLinkUnitPartIntervalDefault2= 1943-01-01, NULL, InterceptorConningMs32
ExternalNodeName3D= Z01

I don't know what changes, but if it doesn't need to change then the idea will work.

Peabody
Well the only thing that changes on the tower is the texture. I use the texture overrides in the unitpart.upc. However in order for the tower to have the same texture as the early or late war I needed two towers each with the correct texture. After some looking though I don't think that your idea is best for this sub just because the UVW mapping for the late war texture needed some heavy modifying so the camo would look right. However I would like to try it for the Seaquest sub that's next on my list. That sub doesn't really have a conning tower so there's no need for the unitparts.upc.

Old 06-14-10, 12:38 PM   #39
Marka Ragnos
Weps

Quote:
Well the only thing that changes on the tower is the texture. I use the texture overrides in the unitpart.upc. However in order for the tower to have the same texture as the early or late war I needed two towers each with the correct texture. After some looking though I don't think that your idea is best for this sub just because the UVW mapping for the late war texture needed some heavy modifying so the camo would look right. However I would like to try it for the Seaquest sub that's next on my list. That sub doesn't really have a conning tower so there's no need for the unitparts.upc.

Wait what? Seaquest? YES

If you need any information or screencaps i have all the episodes.
I think you just made my day!
Old 06-14-10, 01:04 PM   #40
Silverwolf
Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marka Ragnos View Post
Wait what? Seaquest? YES

If you need any information or screencaps i have all the episodes.
I think you just made my day!
Any picture references will be much appreciated.

Old 06-14-10, 01:25 PM   #41
peabody
Admiral

Quote:
I apologize for you spending the time for nothing. I assumed the tower did not change, without actually checking it. But I have often thought that this would be a good idea for specific subs to stop the Unitparts # problem. Especially for the modern or one of a kind subs.

Peabody

Old 06-14-10, 01:49 PM   #42
Silverwolf
Officer

Quote:
I apologize for you spending the time for nothing. I assumed the tower did not change, without actually checking it. But I have often thought that this would be a good idea for specific subs to stop the Unitparts # problem. Especially for the modern or one of a kind subs.

Peabody
Don't worry about it, sometimes you can spend all day trying to figure out how to fix a problem and have it lead to a dead end.

Old 06-14-10, 01:50 PM   #43
Marka Ragnos
Weps

Quote:
Any picture references will be much appreciated.
Roger that,

I'll PM any links of interests.
Old 06-25-10, 05:18 PM   #44
Silverwolf
Officer

Work on the interior has begun, it's very empty inside for now cause I'm still trying to figure out what exactly I'm going to do. A lot of it is condensing and rearranging the gauges.So what you see here is the layout for the navigation and targeting computers, as well as some electrical boxes. On the opposite side I'm going to put the pressure gauges and try to modernize the diving controls a bit.

Old 06-29-10, 03:48 PM   #45
Silverwolf
Officer

A small update, here are the ballast gauges and their new layout.