Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubar2Niner View Post
@vdr1981

Hope this helps

Best regards.

Fubar
Thanks... On my system (Win 7 x64) there is no difference whether the option is checked or unchecked. I assume that the problem is related to some specific system settings of yours, or hardware... or drivers, who knows...

Do you use some "fancy" mouse with it's own speed settings or something by any chance?
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-17, 04:20 PM   #17
Fubar2Niner
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 275
Uploads: 0

Using a LG G9 laser mouse, however I do not use the software. Works well enough without the extra processes running.

Fubar
Fubar2Niner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-17, 01:15 PM   #18
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

Downloads: 5

Have you made any progress on this, Fubes? I thought it was just me and put my SH5 disc quietly away some long time ago, after failing dismally with U-Play.... hoping that one day I'd be able (allowed) to play it offline.
Old 04-22-17, 01:51 PM   #19
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

Hi Eichhörnchen
Quote:
hoping that one day I'd be able (allowed) to play it offline.
Playing Uplay offline is not a problem and can be on or offline at your choosing.
Post #69 How To Play Silent Hunter 5 Offline!
Peter
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-17, 11:23 AM   #20
Fubar2Niner
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 275
wolf_howl15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eichhörnchen View Post
Have you made any progress on this, Fubes? I thought it was just me and put my SH5 disc quietly away some long time ago, after failing dismally with U-Play.... hoping that one day I'd be able (allowed) to play it offline.
Hey Eich,

All is running fine although I kinda lost interest, still no way compares to III.

All I did was install/run Uplay out of C: , courtesy of Berbys link above. Then disabled that properties stuff in the .exe, as in the s/s. After which all was fine. Just been dickin' around with other stuff getting installs, settings, etc. backed up before the new build

Quote:

Hope this helps ya Nut

Fube

PS I'm guessing you're running high def monitor mate yes?
Fubar2Niner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-17, 02:17 PM   #21
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

Thanks, fellas... I'm encouraged now to take a fresh look when we get our next rainy afternoon
Old 04-23-17, 02:43 PM   #22
Valkyrie612
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 81

Quote:
Hi Kaleuns

Is anyone having a problem getting SH5 to work since the latest U-Play update? The problem I am getting is this;

Installed U-Play, downloaded and installed SH5;
Verified installed files;
Hit the play tab;
Intro rolls in windowed mode, intro ends, game doesn't run. Drop back to U-Play and play tab. Hit play tab again and the whole thing repeats add infinitum.

Uninstall the whole shebang, reinstall this time from disk, U-Play has to be downloaded (obviously) same thing as previous.

This is stock SH5 attempting to run on win7 64 bit. Game and U-Play installed outside C: and outside program files on a seperate drive. Also tried on c: and within program files, just for the hell of it. No dice either way

All drivers latest. The thing is, this used to run fine before the bloody update! Is there anyway to play this without Ubicraps useless U-Play software ? If not is there a solution other than waiting for Ubi to address yet another embarrasing Ubi balls up! I swear I will never buy another Ubi game, hmmm actually I said that just before buying The Division

Any and all help appreciated, FWIW skippers on Subsim.Com are having the same problem.

Best regards.

Fubar2Niner
Hi. I seem to be having the same problem. It all worked fine about a week ago. I tried to troubleshoot a MOD that wasn't loading (unrelated to my current issue), and uninstalled/re-installed clean SH5 via Steam, and Uplay. Ubisoft game launcher first would not install, and said it was incompatible with my operating system, then directed me to download a "compatible" version. That said the same exact thing, just a loop of malfunction. I found that loading the game launcher exe from the folder loaded the Ubisoft screen . I was able to login and see my games. I tried to run SH5, and have been having your exact same issue - loads movie (with sound), then exits with no error back to Ubisoft window.

WTF, over?

UPDATE: I think I may have found the problem. I noted an earlier post showing adjustment of compatibility of the sh5.exe file. I noted mine had been set to be compatible with Windows XP, and I use Win 10. I UNCHECKED that box. I also CHECKED run as administrator, and disable display scaling on high dpi. I don't think the latter 2 changes made the difference in sh5 loading, but it did improve the graphics and load time. UNchecking the compatibility box seems to have allowed the game to load, and resolve my main issue.

Regards,

Valkryrie612

Last edited by Valkyrie612; 04-23-17 at 02:55 PM. Reason: Found the problem
Valkyrie612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-17, 06:47 PM   #23
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard!

Valkyrie612! After a five year silent run!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-17, 06:55 AM   #24
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > Valkyrie612
Subsim <> How To Donate <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
If you are new to SH5 look > > HERE << STEAM is not compatible with the essential application TDW’s Generic File Patcher
Steam Conversion Installation Instructions for SH5 Updated Version
Highly Recommended SH5 > The Wolves Of Steel Mega Mod > Includes > Optional KSDCommander And Working Enigma M4 Machine > Sub Flags

SH5 with Windows 10 should not need a compatibility mode.

Post #74 Run Both SH5.exe And Ubisoft Game Launcher Application's As Administrator's
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-17, 04:45 AM   #25
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

Well I got my rainy afternoon (boy, did it pour) and success! Thanks once again to the Berbmeister and Fubes, I am now able to play SH5 completely offline with no internet connection at all. So much now to explore...