SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-03-08, 10:25 PM   #1
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default SH4 1.5

the very idea of having to pay for a mod goes against everything this community is about.

it is my belief that we are about freely sharing ideas and talent so that all of us can have the best and most enjoyable naval simulation game experience possible.

once we begin paying for mods and patches we will start a process of prostitution of all shared content and destroy what this community is about. allow them to charge for one download (even if it only costs $1) and you will have to start buying every mod and talent sharing will be at an end.

EDIT: in order to understand the context in which this thread was originally created, please read below:

you must understand that at the time i posted this thread ubisoft was saying that there was a stand alone patch 1.5 that was built into the new u-boat missions expansion pack and it would be released soon as a stand alone patch but then they started acting like it never existed to begin with.

this thread was to protest about ubisoft not wanting to offer the patch for free download as long as they were making money selling it as part of the u-boat expansion. (thats just smart buisness sense)

my intention is not to imply you shouldnt buy the u-boat expansion but rather i just wanted everyone to hold off on purchasing it in protest just untill ubisoft relented and released the stand alone patch version. (this was a misunderstanding on my part about what UBM was all about)

ubisoft's official stance is that patch 1.5 never actually existed and UBM 1.5 is only an expansion with game enhancements and they have no plans to ever create another stand alone patch because 1.4 was the last patch they will make, so this post has kinda lost its purpose for being.

as time has gone by it has become much missunderstood what my intentions were in making this thread so i added this EDIT to clarify my opinion, which over time has changed somewhat as i learned more about the expansion and what it actually did to the game.

Last edited by Webster; 06-06-08 at 10:44 AM.