Click here to access the Helosim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Helosim.com and Flight Sims

Old 01-08-13, 08:47 AM   #1
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Default Repost: Nick's AOA videos on the 737NGX

In the past ten days or so I got four mails and pm's by people asking if I recall the title of the videos on the 737NGX where it was introduced in all its shining clearity and eye-widening detail. Since there seesm to be an epidemy currently with patients being hit by a sudden re-interest for these videos, I here link them again for all world to see.

Walk-around (20 minutes or so)

Cockpit introduction (beware, over 1 hour - use the time slider to see Nick bringing it up to life!)

HD is imperative!

I also found screenshots of the rendering done by PMDG during developement: scroll down the thread a bit until the pictures start. Gorgeous!

http://www.fs-flightcrew.de/index.ph...d&postID=55488
Old 01-13-13, 06:47 PM   #2
Skybird
Soaring

Found some more videos which are outstanding.

This one on the addon-pack for the 600- and 700 versions of the PMDG737, he talks for a minute, but then the movie starts.

Another one by the same guy

Old 01-14-13, 07:24 AM   #3
reignofdeath
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Wow. Just Wow. Im definately not ready for that beast yet.

PS, What do you think of FS2 crew or multi crew experience?? I may be interested in that after I get REX and PMDG
Old 01-14-13, 08:46 AM   #4
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNSRCaseySmith View Post
Wow. Just Wow. Im definately not ready for that beast yet.

PS, What do you think of FS2 crew or multi crew experience?? I may be interested in that after I get REX and PMDG
FS2Crew is nice. And definitely the last step in mastering a complex airliner. Don't start with it, I would say, but move it to the very end of your training schedule. Needing to work in flows and job-sharing, makes things not less but more complicated in a sim. But maybe that is just me. Also, the FS2Crew modules are tailored for one specific airlin addon, usually, they are not generic for all aircraft there arew. First you have to choose an addon plane you really want to stay with.

Plus it costs money.

Plus it takes away a slice from your CPU cycles. Maybe much, maybe not much. I do not know.

The plane in the video: its a study sim. There is a reason why the original Boeing manuals come shipped with it. That is not gimmick - most of that stuff is functional, though you must not read it all, most of it are procedure lists anyway. It's funny that many people seem to overlook this: while at the top of every page there is a huge red "PMDG" stamp, at the very bottom of every page is a small print: "copyright by Boeing 2004".

When you want to go on that path, get an addon plane first, and then see how your frames are. Traffic addons have a visible impact on it. Ultimate Terrain X has a visible impact. I had to learn that in FSX I could not have all what I used to have in FS9 on my old rig - although my new rig is far superior to the old one. That'S how it is. The only way to tackle that a bit is to completely switch to Prepar3D. It seems to give many people better frames and thus more system reserves available, due to code optimizations. If all what you maybe want would simultaneously run in it, I do not know.

It's called flight sim. So a solid plane chosen first is the utmost priority.

P.S. Be advised that PMDG is working on a new plane, the 777. Release however still seems to be quite a long time away.

P.P.S. There is a new Airbus 320 by Aerosoft. It is not in the league of the 737NGX, but then, no current plane addon is. It is brandnew and still needs a little pacthing by what I read, but already looks very good and seems to be quite ambitioned. However, it is not as completely modelled as the PMDG planes are. They excluded second seat operations, emergencies, and all things that are not linked to normal, functional unbroken operations, and they said that from all beginning on. Why I mention this, is this: the package comes complete with default interaction between both pilots, spoken checklists for all phases of flights, and "flows".

I have this one on my radar, but am in waiting position currently. I also cannot help you too much with it, since Airbus does some things a bit different than Boeing, and I do not know Airbus philosophy that well (Oberon does, he is flying them in reality, if I do not mistake him with somebody else). When I once examined an Airbus module many years ago, I found that I liked the Boeing style of things a bit better and found it easier. But maybe that is because I learned Boeing first in my virtual flightsim career.

See (listen)here:

Well, those two pilots really sound bored, don't they. I assume it is only a question of time before voice replacement packs are coming.

and here:
http://www.aerosoft2.de/downloads/ai...pbyStep-DE.pdf

Last edited by Skybird; 01-14-13 at 09:24 AM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote