SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop > SH4 Mission Designers' Forum
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-18-12, 05:48 AM   #1
sidslotm
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default Days in base

does anyone know if there is an official time required between objectives when in base, I thinking about campaign design.

thanks
Old 02-18-12, 05:06 PM   #2
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidslotm View Post
does anyone know if there is an official time required between objectives when in base, I thinking about campaign design.

thanks
I know you do spend some time in base, but I can't remember if there is a value for it. I know in the savegames it gives a patrol end date and time, and then it shows the next patrol start date and time. The two that I looked at were 29-30 days. Not exactly because of the time difference. But I do not know if it can be set or if it is hardcoded.
Wish I could be more help, but I just don't know the answer to this one.

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

peabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-12, 04:23 AM   #3
JapLance
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Hi sidlslotm,

the closest I found for that while I was working in the British Campaign is UPC.cfg in the DATA/Cfg folder

Code:
[MissionManager]
RenownValuesUS=-250,-100,0,750,2500,9000
RenownValuesGE=-250,-100,0,750,2500,9000

MinimumDaysInBaseUS=5
MinimumDaysInBaseGE=28

AcceptableDamageUS=25
AcceptableDamageGE=25

RankDaysUS=180,365
RankPatrolsUS=5,5
RankPatrolsRatingsUS=1,1
RankCampaignRatingsUS=1,1

RankDaysGE=180,240,540,720
RankPatrolsGE=3,5,7,5
RankPatrolsRatingsGE=1,1,2,2
RankCampaignRatingsGE=1,1,2,2
This allows to stablish the minimum number of days in base. I guess that damage to your boat or rest needed for the crew may increase the number of days.

Hope it is what you're looking for.
Old 02-19-12, 11:56 AM   #4
sidslotm
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

thanks for that fella's, I have just found the upc file and have been messing with dates. I have been looking for predictable results that have so far eluded me. The idea is specific dates and places for the campaign.

thanks

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21341...paign_V2_2_rar
Old 02-19-12, 02:10 PM   #5
JapLance
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Do you mean that you want a historical mission to be assigned to your boat in a very defined time frame?

If this is what you want to do, you should add the historical mission to the PatrolObjectives.cfg in Data\UPCData\UPCCampaignData and tinker with the startdate and enddate fields so your boat can fulfill the mission in the right time.

Code:
[Section 81]
ID=ID81
FileName=Data\Campaigns\Campaign\PatrolObjectives\Harpoon\Harpoon.mis
StartDate=19420525
EndDate=19420608
GameModes=Career
InclusionProbability=100
MinimumDifficultyRating=0
MinimumPlayerRating=-3
ExclusiveLayer=No
ExclusiveLayerID=1
EvaluationReason=FirstObjective
AllMatch=HARPOON
ObjectiveType=0
BriefingMapName=NULL
BriefingMapIcon=NULL
BriefingMapIconPosX=0
BriefingMapIconPosY=0
In this example I wanted my boat to be part of Operation Harpoon (12th-15th June 1942), so the mission can only be assigned from the 25th of May up to the 8th of June of 1942. Then you would have enough time to get your boat in position to intercept enemy surface forces that may want to intercept the convoy.
Old 02-20-12, 04:26 AM   #6
sidslotm
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Yes you have that exactly right JL, I have 4 missions in 1939 one of which is off the Heligoland Blight, the Brits lost a number of boats in these very dangerous waters, I wanted to create missions with tension more than a blast everything that floats.

The dates is what I have been tinkering with, but so far I have failed to understand the exact formular for the SH4 mission control. I have still to to test the dates below.

The problem seems to be, as four months go by the ingame start time accumulates days for some reason, the startDate/EndDate is out sync causing a crash, I think, lol.

[Section 1]
ID=ID1
FileName=Data/Campaigns/Campaign/PatrolObjectives/Heligoland Bight/Heligoland Bight.mis
StartDate=19390901 <>----------
EndDate=19390928 <>----------
GameModes=Career
Old 02-20-12, 05:07 AM   #7
JapLance
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
The problem seems to be, as four months go by the ingame start time accumulates days for some reason, the startDate/EndDate is out sync causing a crash, I think, lol.

[Section 1]
ID=ID1
FileName=Data/Campaigns/Campaign/PatrolObjectives/Heligoland Bight/Heligoland Bight.mis

GameModes=Career
I'm not sure of what you're talking about.

The start and end dates you chose are only for one month: from September 1st to 28th. That means that your boat could get this mission assigned only in that time frame, not later. If you want to extend the chance of getting this mission assigned to four months, you should change the end date to December 1939, or 19391231 (or even later, if you so wish).

But, if that was the problem, I don't think you would get crashes, but only that you would never get this mission assigned after the first month of war.
Old 02-20-12, 06:14 AM   #8
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidslotm View Post

[Section 1]
ID=ID1
GameModes=Career
This may be causing a problem, I copied from the mission data, what you list is from the PatrolObjectives.cfg right?

This is from the mission:

[Mission]
MissionType=0
MissionDataType=1
MultiMissionType=0
Year=1939
Month=9
Day=3 <--------

The mission startdate is the 3rd but you set it up to start on the 1st. If it starts on the 1st or 2nd it will probably not work.

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

peabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-12, 11:44 PM   #9
sidslotm
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

thanks for that guys, I hear what you say and will try further. Thanks Peabody, I have been messing with dates for a couple of weeks now trying to understand the math, the start date was one I missed. But I believe JL is right when he talks about timeframe and this is what Iv'e been messing with, as follows.
<StartDate><PatrolTimes><DaysinBase> etc, etc.

I can only do this for a month or so at a time and then have to put in down, else madness ensues. I'm really only trying to keep my 62 year old mind working while it's cold out. So this will be a week of guitar practice for me, back into the sanity of music.