Old 03-04-16, 01:31 AM   #106
Sjizzle
Count Dracula

Downloads: 405
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER View Post
Hi MaMa
Shall I replace all this information now with your new instructions.?
Post #188 Campaign Fix And Working Tonnage Bar By MaMa > Pictorial Instructions How To Make It Work
Peter

can u w8 2 more days? cos i hope that i will finish this campaign and if the transition will be a success then u can change it
Sjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-16, 05:27 AM   #107
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

Hi Sjizzle
No problem.
I have a new tutorial waiting in the wings.
Peter
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-16, 11:20 AM   #108
MaMa
Bosun

Downloads: 108

Quote:
Hi MaMa
Shall I replace all this information now with your new instructions.?
Post #188 Campaign Fix And Working Tonnage Bar By MaMa > Pictorial Instructions How To Make It Work
Peter
Hi Peter !

As noted by Sjizzle, let's wait some time as other tests are on the run... i'm currently doing a campaign test with a Win8 OS.

If Sjizzle encounter no problems on Win10 and also me with my Win8 current campaign i think we can then change the tutorial !

My campaign should end within this weekend... i'll update everyone as soon as i have some news !
MaMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-16, 02:39 AM   #109
Sjizzle
Count Dracula

Downloads: 405

transition success again with this fix on windows 10 really good job MaMa...
in my opinion Peter can update his Tutorials
Sjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-16, 05:07 AM   #110
THEBERBSTER

Is it important for the Uplay Browser still to remain disabled in TDW's Generic File Patcher with this updated fix?

Peter
Old 03-05-16, 05:41 AM   #111
MaMa
Bosun

Quote:
Is it important for the Uplay Browser still to remain disabled in TDW's Generic File Patcher with this updated fix?

Peter
The UPlay browser must work as originally intended so it must be untouched by the generic patcher.

DO NOT disable the UPlay browser or the Orbit listener, never. In different ways, having one or both of them disabled,this hinder the OSI functions.

Also, the UPlay browser can be freely used online or offline, it makes no difference.
Old 03-05-16, 01:33 PM   #112
MaMa
Bosun

Successful test on Win8 !

I think the tutorial can be updated Peter.
Old 03-05-16, 04:12 PM   #113
THEBERBSTER

The tutorial has been updated.
Post #187 Revised Campaign Fix And Working Tonnage Bar By MaMa

Please address any technical queries regarding the updated or original fix for the attention of MaMa.
Peter

Last edited by THEBERBSTER; 11-17-16 at 05:22 PM.
Old 03-05-16, 04:21 PM   #114
siege00
Officer

Downloads: 114

Quote:
Hi Peter,

Will the old method still work? I'm running TWoS, so no tonnage bar, and I always set the priority for osi.exe up when running SH5.

Reason I'm asking is because in general, ie. outside of SH5, I don't want background services to get priority over active user based programs.

Thanks!

Currently - SH5 TWoS
- SH3 GWX + MaGui and more
- SH3 LSH 2015 + Ahnenerbe's Gui
siege00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-16, 04:46 PM   #115
THEBERBSTER

Hi siege
I am only the messenger in all this.

MaMa's original fix did not work for me but this workaround fix did.
The Wolves Of Steel & OHII Single Player Campaign Progress – Workaround By vdr1981

Logically I would assume you do not need to fix anything until you at the start of a gaming session where you are likely to be changing campaigns.
Those using the tonnage bar would need it active all the time.
I am sure MaMa or Vecko will be able to give you the information you want.

Peter
Old 03-05-16, 04:49 PM   #116
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by siege00 View Post
Hi Peter,

Will the old method still work? I'm running TWoS, so no tonnage bar, and I always set the priority for osi.exe up when running SH5.
You dont really have to do that... All nesecery informations are already in TWoS thread...

Quote:
- How can I pass from one campaign to the next one?
- Make sure to be ON PATROL when deadline date of last objective is reached (ending date of your current campaign), preferably somewhere at open seas without AI units in your vicinity . This is important so be careful if you use mods like "Change Days in Bunker"... The end date of first "Coastal Waters" campaign is 1st June 1940. Check ending dates for other campaigns here.
- If campaign transfer still fails to initialize when you reach campaign ending date, then you may wish to use this or this method to trigger campaign transfer correctly... For this method to work, the TDW patch which disables Uplay browser should be disabled. Note that Mama's solution with TWoS is necessary only when you expecting campaign transfer, on campaign ending. Before that date, you can load your gamesaves with or without setting OSI.exe priority, there will be no significant impact on campaign progress.
- Alternatively, you can use this workaround which will work for sure...SH5 campaign progress workaround
Quote:
Reason I'm asking is because in general, ie. outside of SH5, I don't want background services to get priority over active user based programs.

Thanks!
Hm, maybe you're right... This indeed can be a problem, especcially on low spec systems...
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-16, 05:13 PM   #117
THEBERBSTER

Hi Vecko
I have included your workaround in the tutorial as an option.
Peter
Old 03-05-16, 05:23 PM   #118
siege00
Officer

Thanks Peter and Vecko!

I'm going to have to keep separate notes for SH3 and SH5 megamods. Subsim has to be the most complete forum supporting a sim/game series I've ever come across. Though the issue with that is sometimes the info can be hard to find due to the sheer amount of content. I definitely prefer it this way though compared to the information just not existing. Love the fact that everyone is so helpful as well.

Thanks again! Loving so far TWoS by the way

Currently - SH5 TWoS
Old 03-05-16, 06:17 PM   #119
MaMa
Bosun

Quote:
Originally Posted by siege00 View Post
Hi Peter,

Thanks!
Hi Siege00 !

I made several tests (running games and various programs) with my two PC (a desktop and a notebook, the latter is a medium specs computer), both of them set with background services priority, and until now i have not seen any problem.

I'm quite interested to know if low specs computers experiences slowdown episodes or any other problems... so, if you have some informations to share, they are more than welcome !

Beside that, if you don't want to change your system settings, you can continue to use my first fix (assuming that in your case was functioning well) at will !
Old 03-05-16, 09:04 PM   #120
siege00
Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaMa View Post
Hi Siege00 !

I made several tests (running games and various programs) with my two PC (a desktop and a notebook, the latter is a medium specs computer), both of them set with background services priority, and until now i have not seen any problem.

I'm quite interested to know if low specs computers experiences slowdown episodes or any other problems... so, if you have some informations to share, they are more than welcome !

Beside that, if you don't want to change your system settings, you can continue to use my first fix (assuming that in your case was functioning well) at will !
Hi MaMa, thanks for the reply. A lot of it comes down to what people have running on their machines and what they use them for. For most users it probably won't make a difference since they aren't running a lot of background processes. I'm running on a pretty beefy computer, but often have multiple things going on in the background that would chew up cycles (rendering, compiling, DB services, etc.) Especially the DB stuff... SQL in particular will really chew up proc/mem if it's allowed to. The only older/low spec system I have won't even run SH5.

Thanks for the help and the mods!

Currently - SH5 TWoS