Click here to access the Helosim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Helosim.com and Flight Sims

Old 10-16-14, 10:06 AM   #61
HunterICX
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
but there are valid concerns to be raised about the direction that it's heading in terms of campaign and 'unlocks'.
Aye, they really should get the campaign down right this time that provides enough dynamic content for both offline and online play and get rid of that idea of the 'unlocks'.

Then still I wonder after BoS, then what?
Will they expand it like the first game adding new theatres and sets of aircraft to fly with?
I'm on a shaky fench as they do things right but they do things wrong and provide unclear directions as to the above so I hope they do get it right after the disaster of CLOD.
If not well, my sympathy for anything branded IL2 Post'46 is...
Old 10-16-14, 10:51 AM   #62
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterICX View Post
Aye, they really should get the campaign down right this time that provides enough dynamic content for both offline and online play and get rid of that idea of the 'unlocks'.

Then still I wonder after BoS, then what?
Will they expand it like the first game adding new theatres and sets of aircraft to fly with?
I'm on a shaky fench as they do things right but they do things wrong and provide unclear directions as to the above so I hope they do get it right after the disaster of CLOD.
If not well, my sympathy for anything branded IL2 Post'46 is...
Honestly, they've got tonnes of Eastern Front content to add as payable aircraft, and after that it's a case of adding in new theatres, probably also Eastern Front, most likely Leningrad and Kursk.

I think everyone had their doubts about the campaign, even before it was released, because of ROFs campaign, likewise the mission editor being as user friendly as the Large Hadron Collider. The fact that these doubts were swiftly realised is the depressing thing, and to add the unlock rubbish on top of that was just insult to injury.
Unfortunately I think that since they're getting closer and closer to their estimated release date that the campaign is something that is 'bolted on', so to speak and is a very last minute affair...and I mean, let's be serious for a moment here, IL2s campaigns out of the box weren't exactly something to write home about.
The biggest problem is one that also faces ROF, user content availability. How easy it is for people to make missions or campaigns for the sim, or even how easy it is for skins and mods...and at the moment, from what I've read, that is a problem that BoS is facing.

Still, we'll see...certainly it's become quite the drama these days has the flightsim genre, someone should make a soap opera out of it.
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-14, 11:30 AM   #63
HunterICX
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 8

Quote:
Honestly, they've got tonnes of Eastern Front content to add as payable aircraft, and after that it's a case of adding in new theatres, probably also Eastern Front, most likely Leningrad and Kursk.
Let's hope they business model doesn't strangle it by taking it to far.

Basically IL2 has to be is a stable flightsim platform where content is added to. All it really needs is a good AI and a Dynamic Campaign generator with historical starts and values (aircraft used, numbers available etc) but ofcourse those can be tweaked by the player to spice it up if they wish.

Quote:
I think everyone had their doubts about the campaign, even before it was released, because of ROFs campaign, likewise the mission editor being as user friendly as the Large Hadron Collider.
Like what Simutrans is compared to OTTD

Quote:
The fact that these doubts were swiftly realised is the depressing thing, and to add the unlock rubbish on top of that was just insult to injury.
unlock rubbish is basically removing the Sim from Flightsim and have Game peek around the corner. a Sim must be fully accessible to the user to adjust what he wants and use whatever is available within the sim itself.

Quote:
Unfortunately I think that since they're getting closer and closer to their estimated release date that the campaign is something that is 'bolted on', so to speak and is a very last minute affair...and I mean, let's be serious for a moment here, IL2s campaigns out of the box weren't exactly something to write home about.
And users did so, they panned IL2's campaign as insultingly bad but thanks to the easier to use mission builder and dedication of some it gave the community stuff to fly and with the use of clever scripts for massive objective goaled missions for online use it had the servers packed with players and with mods they extended the lifespan of the '46 game even more.

Alas the last thing that gets attention in the development in these flightsims is a mayor gameplay aspect of it and that's the campaign.

Quote:
The biggest problem is one that also faces ROF, user content availability. How easy it is for people to make missions or campaigns for the sim, or even how easy it is for skins and mods...and at the moment, from what I've read, that is a problem that BoS is facing.
Aye, RoF is a nice sim in itself but could be much more if they didn't establish that user content is something ''they'' should milk instead of letting the community do what they do best.

Quote:
Still, we'll see...certainly it's become quite the drama these days has the flightsim genre, someone should make a soap opera out of it.
Written and directed by Oleg.
Old 10-31-14, 10:16 AM   #64
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Now it's been confirmed that a special low price (around 10 Euros) version has been released on the Russian market featuring two aircraft, with the option to grind XP for the others.

Sound familiar? Oh yes, it seems that 1C777 are going after the War Thunder crowd...

When you add that to the accusations that certain people are on the payroll of 1C777 to join forums and post positive things about the game, well the waters get muddier and muddier as the weeks go by.

Eagle Dynamics must be wetting themselves with laughter...
Old 10-31-14, 10:52 AM   #65
Admiral Halsey
Best Admiral in the USN

Downloads: 298

Someone I follow on Twitter came up with what I think is the perfect name for this version of IL-2. IL-2: Battle of the DLC.
Admiral Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-14, 03:14 PM   #66
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Battle of Unlockgrad?
Old 11-19-14, 01:03 AM   #67
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Someone really needs to take away Lofts internet connection or ban him from issuing statements to the media:

Quote:
Most in this situation, I was struck by the community itself. Diy create all sorts, why not my question. But instead of that would be culturally correct or ask for support if break this set of wires we heard rudeness, criminal charges, Op irerihonsky and generally irresponsible behavior. This unfortunately characterizes this community as disgusting and generally of little interest to the developer. You have shown yourself to the worst possible sides. So please do not surprise anyone change our relationship to you as users. You do not deserve adequate developers, and I regret the time spent by our team to try to make a game for you. You deserve oblivion genre and low quality products.
http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4037809/1

Old 11-19-14, 07:57 PM   #68
Schroeder
Navy Seal

Downloads: 62

Definitely sounds professional.
Old 11-19-14, 08:50 PM   #69
Cybermat47
Willing Webfooted Beast

Downloads: 293
Uploads: 22

Quote:
Someone really needs to take away Lofts internet connection or ban him from issuing statements to the media:

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4037809/1

Is there a facepalm smiley?
Old 11-19-14, 09:10 PM   #70
Cybermat47
Willing Webfooted Beast

Downloads: 293
Uploads: 22

To be fair, Loft has apologised. Sorry for the poor quality translation, I used Google Translate.

Quote:
I definitely was not right when he wanted all cars here. Of course I do not want to. Excuse me all reasonable people, and thank you. Richer you have not already done so, but no nonsense, without you this would not be Eli. But I would like to emphasize that I apologize for my generalizations rather than words. I wrote it without emotion, but with a sense of bezishodnosti from happening. And I apologize because I am ashamed of my lack of restraint, and not worry about because your karma. Karma I do not care, but to **** on the people I had no rights.
Old 11-20-14, 07:29 AM   #71
Oberon
Lucky Jack

It's at least the second time he's gone off on one though, and it doesn't send a good image to the public. I know that 777/1C are a small group but they really need to work on their public relations a bit, even if the public can be somewhat acidic.
Old 11-20-14, 07:48 AM   #72
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybermat47 View Post
Is there a facepalm smiley?

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-14, 11:54 PM   #73
hawk2495
Sparky

Downloads: 190

Well I was seriously considering getting in on BoS, but, umm, not so much any more... Just wow. I could get past some of the gameplay changes, but that just seems to be the tip of the iceberg.. I guess I'll stick with 1946, and DCS for the time being. Oooh, I guess I can dust of CloD too. If it'll agree with my flight stick this time around...
hawk2495 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-14, 01:42 AM   #74
Oberon
Lucky Jack

I think if 777/1C can pull out of the stall they seem to have put themselves in, then they might be able to put something good together with BoS. It has the makings of a very good sim, it's just had some bad design decisions in regards to gameplay and accessibility.
The very first IL2 was very rough around the edges, and CloD was a virtually unplayable mess on release, at least BoS is relatively playable in regards to bugs, but unfortunately it's not a game that many people want to play at the moment due to poor design decisions.

These are all things that can be fixed with patches, but the makers need to see where the community wants the sim to go and take it there, not try to push the community where they want them to go.
Of course, given Lofts raging, there's also the possibility that they might just drop it altogether, and that's an unsettling thought...but on the up side, if they do then people like Team Fusion can get stuck in and rip out all the rubbish that's plaguing it at the moment.

It really is a case of wait and see.
Old 11-25-14, 07:07 AM   #75
Schroeder
Navy Seal

Downloads: 62

A guy I know said that Loft exploded after some idiots had sent death threats to his private home because they didn't develop the sim in the directions those idiots wanted. I don't know how true that is as I don't follow that game or their forum but if it's true I can somehow understand his reaction.