SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-03-10, 04:26 PM   #76
Djanico
Swabbie

Downloads: 64
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeFF View Post
What caliber of deck gun was it, and were you shooting at the waterline? It does make a difference.
Hey Luke, sorry for the late response, im on a Tambor class with the stock 50cal gun. Kinda makes a lil sense now that i think about it but wouldnt it still be able to penetrate wood? just a lil hinsight?

Also, i noticed several of my crewmates got specializations, but they seem out of place for their proffession. Torpedomen with radar specialization? Engineers with Sonar/radar? Sonar with Visual specialization etc.
Djanico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-10, 10:02 PM   #77
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Downloads: 305
Uploads: 1

Quote:
by sergei

t's not a problem. I have made a little mod that restores the sound contact lines, and will upload it to subsim.

Before I do, I just wanted to make sure that my install in working as designed (ie. visual contacts marked, but no hydrophone lines), otherwise I have made a mod for a screwed up install!

EDIT: tell you what, I'll upload the mod, but remove it if it is not needed

I for one would like to see this mod.

Head Deep and Keep'em Astern" - LtCDR Samuel D Dealy
SHIV Guide | Imperial Japanese Navy | US Submarines

cdrsubron7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-10, 01:09 AM   #78
LukeFF
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 41
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
Are you sure about that Luke? I recall having seen pictures of Balaos with the navigation table clearly present, with a glass surface and illuminated below. Was that an after-war addition, when subs spent more time underwater?

See this: http://www.maritime.org/tour/cr.php?pano=fl

Isn't the charts table what is next to the green table with a rounded porthole (I think that green table is the Gyrocompass)?
What I meant to say is that the location of the two "chart tables" in the Gato SH4 interior are entirely spurious. Compare the pano view above (specifically the port side forward and starboard aft corners). One doesn't see a chart table in either of those locations in any surviving Balao or Gato class boat.

Quote:
In any case, where was the assitant officer that made the plot on a maneuvering board based on the captain's range/bearing estimations as called by the guy who readed the scope bearing vernier/stadimeter? I think he was in the CT, but where?
Probably at the dead reckoning tracer, located at the aft end of the conning tower.

ROW Sound Effects Contributor
RFB Team Leader
LukeFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-10, 01:11 AM   #79
LukeFF
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gato76 View Post
Only RFB
Indeed a strange one. It's the same file as used in RSRDC. May want to PM lurker about it, as I think he may have been the one to edit this ship's weapons file (but don't quote me on that. ).

RFB Team Leader
Old 01-04-10, 01:13 AM   #80
LukeFF
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djanico View Post
Hey Luke, sorry for the late response, im on a Tambor class with the stock 50cal gun. Kinda makes a lil sense now that i think about it but wouldnt it still be able to penetrate wood? just a lil hinsight?
Yes it should, but there are historical accounts from the patrol reports of sampans and other wooden vessels sucking up a lot of deck gun rounds and not sinking. The 3"/50, FWIW, is not a very powerful anti-ship weapon (it was designed as an AA gun).

Quote:
Also, i noticed several of my crewmates got specializations, but they seem out of place for their proffession. Torpedomen with radar specialization? Engineers with Sonar/radar? Sonar with Visual specialization etc.
It's a quirk in the way the game is coded. I might just get rid of these special skills for the next RFB release, or just limit their distribution more.

RFB Team Leader
Old 01-04-10, 12:44 PM   #81
Fish40
The Old Man

Downloads: 142

Not to be a pain in the butt, but concerning the Map Contacts being removed. Like I said in a previous post, I still have that option available to me in the Gameplay Options. Did something go wrong? I don't use the option anyway, and I seem to have all the new goodies added by this new version of RFB. Any thoughts?
Fish40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-10, 05:59 PM   #82
BGrey
Watch

Downloads: 45

I have had a few issues with 2.0, one was when I tried to use the narwhal. I started and was assigned very few crew members and while at sea messing around in the crew screen I crashed. The other issue was with another patrol in a Gar, I had no issues until I ended up around tokyo bay but when I poked my nose in to the entrance I CTDed. Even trying to sail in at no time compression I crash at about the same point every time.

Edit- It seems this is just happening in proximity with any land.

Last edited by BGrey; 01-04-10 at 06:12 PM.
BGrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-10, 02:34 AM   #83
LukeFF
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish40 View Post
Not to be a pain in the butt, but concerning the Map Contacts being removed. Like I said in a previous post, I still have that option available to me in the Gameplay Options. Did something go wrong? I don't use the option anyway, and I seem to have all the new goodies added by this new version of RFB. Any thoughts?
What happened is that I made the map contacts invisible, regardless of whether or not the player had selected to have map contacts visible on the map. What my patch does is re-enable the player's ability to decide whether or not they want to see these map contacts.

RFB Team Leader
Old 01-05-10, 03:26 AM   #84
LukeFF
Silent Hunter

Radar Contacts

I need to know if anyone here is having issues with radar contacts being registered by the radarman and on the radar screens. I made some fundamental changes to radar for 2.0, and I want to know for sure they are working correctly. Please make sure you include the following info:
  • Submarine type
  • Radar type
  • Contact type
  • Range at which target was reported
Thanks!

RFB Team Leader
Old 01-05-10, 08:22 AM   #85
Fish40
The Old Man

Downloads: 142

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeFF View Post
What happened is that I made the map contacts invisible, regardless of whether or not the player had selected to have map contacts visible on the map. What my patch does is re-enable the player's ability to decide whether or not they want to see these map contacts.

OK Luke, now I understand For a minute there, I thought I botched things up. Thanks for clearing it up for me.
Fish40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-10, 11:41 AM   #86
Overkill
Frogman

Downloads: 128

Now If I can just get my video card fixed.
Old 01-05-10, 02:29 PM   #87
R3D
Gunner

Downloads: 88

seems to be alot of periodic stutters in rfb2, cant really tie it down to a specific place.

just pauses alot for no reason :/
R3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-10, 03:18 PM   #88
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

I get lag/pauses as well, mainly in the conning tower free cam when SJ radar is on.When its off, very few pauses.

Luke, as mentioned in the PM, I've had trouble with radar in Gato and Porpoise classes, will check others out soon.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-10, 05:02 PM   #89
BGrey
Watch

Downloads: 45

Is no one else having issues with crashes?
BGrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-10, 05:07 PM   #90
Wilcke
The Old Man

Downloads: 234

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGrey View Post
Is no one else having issues with crashes?
Will be running some patrols tonight.

I need;

Mod List
Year/Month
Sub
Leaving which port.

For the best in Fleet Boats go to: Submarine Sim Central. http://forum.kickinbak.com/index.php
Check out: A Brief Introduction to the Pacific Submarine War by Ducimus
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=128185
Operation Monsun plus OMEGU, the #1 ATO Solution for SH4!

Signature Art by Gunfighter
Wilcke is offline   Reply With Quote