SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-11-10, 01:46 AM   #901
w3000
Nub

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0

I instaled some mods and after I load the saved game my surface looks like this:

can someone help me? I instaled mod Unrealistic VIIA on Crack, When i did't had the mod everything was ok but now it look like in the picture above, but only after loading, when starting new carrer it is ok, can i do something to work it properly?
w3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-10, 02:26 PM   #902
Dirtyoldman
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 78
Default Multiplayer

I am currently unable to host a multiplayer game...when I start one my latency is reflected at 999 and my dad cannot join my game. Same when he starts one. Have contacted Ubi.coft and opened the ports stated by them that needed to be opened. Contacted Linksys who walked me through opening the ports and thenn said contact the game manufacturer because its not a problem on their end. Contacted Ubi again who said upgrade firmware on router and then told me if that didn't fix it contact linksys its not a problem with their game because if we are not hooked through the router we can host. We are using same modems routers and service provider.

Ok thats all fine and dandy but now I'm stuck with this game that I can't play multiplayer with my dad on and 2 piss poor companies that want to blame each other and not fix the problem. Can anyone help?

The work around so far is just have my dad connect directly to his modem at odd hours (rest of the family not online) then he is able to host and I can join. This is not very practical and I need to find a solution...anyone even having this problem? I have seen other hosts with 999 latency.

Last edited by Dirtyoldman; 08-12-10 at 06:13 PM.
Dirtyoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-10, 01:08 AM   #903
Wolfling04
Frogman

Downloads: 102

Turn off your fire walls. Best advice I can offer.
Old 08-16-10, 09:50 AM   #904
609_Avatar
Watch Officer

Downloads: 35

Has anyone else been experiencing this type of banding in the sky?

Hopefully you can see what I'm talking about. It doesn't show up as well here due to compressing and resizing the pic and converting it to .jpg but you can still see what I'm talking about. I have an Nvidia 295GTX and let the game control everything graphic-wise. I only have a small amount of AA enabled shadows are off with everything else on max with a resolution of 1920x1080. Any ideas or is this just part of the graphics engine? Thanks for any help/tips you can give.
Old 08-16-10, 12:22 PM   #905
Wolfling04
Frogman

Downloads: 102

I had this in SH4 running an 8800 GT. Playing SH5 with a 460GTX I dont remember seeing this but I have not be able to play a whole bunch yet (still not even 1940 yet).
Old 08-17-10, 07:15 PM   #906
Karasunx
Planesman

Downloads: 150

I have the same banding with the gradients in the sky on my game (I'm running an ATI5770). I think that's just how it is stock. There are a couple mods in the download section that try to clean it up and blend the colors a little better.
Old 09-25-10, 06:24 PM   #907
dadrocker
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 1

Could you solve the problem? I got the same problem too....
Quote:
Originally Posted by w3000 View Post
I instaled some mods and after I load the saved game my surface looks like this:

can someone help me? I instaled mod Unrealistic VIIA on Crack, When i did't had the mod everything was ok but now it look like in the picture above, but only after loading, when starting new carrer it is ok, can i do something to work it properly?
dadrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-10, 03:13 AM   #908
Zedi
Sea Lord

Downloads: 184
Uploads: 2

Good: they drop stuff over me... hedgehog, message in the bottle, whatever... (IRAI FTW)
Bad: they are french :/

Zedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-10, 09:48 AM   #909
Cap'n Mitch Buttscar
Nub

Downloads: 0

Hi to everyone on the forum, been here a while looking for help, and the forum has been very handy in the absence of a decent manual for this buggy, frustrating, rushed, but highly addictive game, loving it. New to the sub sim scene, but this seems like a really close communitly (compared to other game forums)

Seen many, many bugs and glitches over the time i've been playing (3 weeks, now on Happy times) one I saw today which tops the lot was when I torpedoed a merchant in the bow, managed to score a great hit under the keel, which snapped off the entire bow section; which then sunk leaving the rest of the ship, propeller out of the water and still spinning - unsunk.

Had two Destroyers on my ass so dove to 40m and waited, only to come up later to try and get the merchant between me and the two destroyers to try and take the bugger down with my deck gun.

Came up face to face with a destroyer who promptly rammed and sunk me.

Cheers Ubisoft!
Cap'n Mitch Buttscar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-10, 06:36 PM   #910
badaboom
Weps

Downloads: 46

After I hit "Depth Under Keel " button,I hear the ping but nothing is displayed in depth?Where do I find this? THX!
Old 09-27-10, 07:23 PM   #911
voss
Engineer

Downloads: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by badaboom View Post
After I hit "Depth Under Keel " button,I hear the ping but nothing is displayed in depth?Where do I find this? THX!
The navigator tells you what the depth is. It is listed in the dialog text box, of the HUD, on the lower-right side of your screen.

Happy hunting!
4GB 667MHz RAM
ATI Radeon HD 5750 1 GB Graphics Card
Windows XP Pro, SP3, v. 5938
voss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-10, 07:26 PM   #912
Abd_von_Mumit
The Old Man

Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by badaboom View Post
If this happens, it most probably means your TC is higher than 1 and you already checked depth under keel more than once since last raising TC above x1. This is stock bug.
Links: SH5 mods I use, FileFront, Manual plotting how-to
Abd_von_Mumit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-10, 07:42 PM   #913
AdeptCharge
Torpedoman

Downloads: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abd_von_Mumit View Post
If this happens, it most probably means your TC is higher than 1 and you already checked depth under keel more than once since last raising TC above x1. This is stock bug.
How fascinating, not only do you ask lots of questions, you offer advice. I find you Abd to be a form of music. That is, the art of expressing or stirring emotion by harmonius combination of sounds within words. Why did you not respond when you welcomed me to the forum with rather brazen attitude. Read my posts, there you will find your reply to the question you put. With your bumptious manner, come show me whats what.
AdeptCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-10, 08:39 PM   #914
Takeda Shingen
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19

Stay on topic, please.

The Management
Takeda Shingen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-10, 09:02 PM   #915
badaboom
Weps

Thank You,I looked in the Dialog box but nothing shows,must have something to do with TC bug.