SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-21-19, 10:30 AM   #4006
desperado100
Swabbie

Downloads: 7
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericlea View Post

Thanks, this one worked.

I have Uplay version and tried what Olamagato suggested but that did not fix the problem.
desperado100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-19, 10:48 AM   #4007
neocrife
Watch

Downloads: 28

I still don't understand, is it working with GWX or not ?

The main post saying yes, but this last page someone says no, and now i'm watching for a "little fix" ......

I really need help, because I want GWX but this fix seems aweome and you could be perfect to mix them together.
neocrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-19, 11:13 AM   #4008
Randomizer
Watch Officer

Downloads: 131

I use it in GWX3 without issues. Just follow the instructions (carefully!) and you may even get wolfpacks show up for convoy battles. My Mods list:

GWX - Integrated Orders
GWX - Late War Sensors Snorkel Antennas
GWX - Merged Campaign
GWX - Open Hatch Mod
GWX - No Medals on Crew
GWX - Axis Mediterranean Aircraft Skins
GWX - VIIC41 Player Sub
Supplement to V16B1 (JSGME)
SRM01 - Seabed Repair Mod
SRM02 - Option for GWX Enhanced Damage Effects
Stiebler4C_Addon_for_V16B1
Functional Draggable Chrono for GWX3
depth charge noise - Rev A - GWX
GWX - 16km Atmosphere

-C
Randomizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-19, 11:20 AM   #4009
neocrife
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomizer View Post
I use it in GWX3 without issues. Just follow the instructions (carefully!) and you may even get wolfpacks show up for convoy battles. My Mods list:

GWX - Integrated Orders
GWX - Late War Sensors Snorkel Antennas
GWX - Merged Campaign
GWX - Open Hatch Mod
GWX - No Medals on Crew
GWX - Axis Mediterranean Aircraft Skins
GWX - VIIC41 Player Sub
Supplement to V16B1 (JSGME)
SRM01 - Seabed Repair Mod
SRM02 - Option for GWX Enhanced Damage Effects
Stiebler4C_Addon_for_V16B1
Functional Draggable Chrono for GWX3
depth charge noise - Rev A - GWX
GWX - 16km Atmosphere

-C
Thanks for the answer. But i dont find the instruction with GWX. The readme isnt talking about it. Should I install GWX first ? Or after the fix. I'm making a new clean installation right now.

Last edited by neocrife; 05-03-19 at 11:36 AM.
Old 05-03-19, 11:55 AM   #4010
Randomizer
Watch Officer

Downloads: 131

What worked for me:

- Install GWX and use JMGME to tweak options as desired. Test.

- Install Supplement to V16B1 (JSGME) AFTER carefully reading all of the documentation that comes with the download. Cannot stress this to much, if you are uncomfortable editing text files using both direct entry and copy/paste you might find yourself in over your head. It's not hard but does require precision and accuracy. Test.

- Install Stiebler4C_Addon_for_V16B1 with the same caveats as for the H.Sie patching. Test.

It works if all was done correctly.

Recommend becoming very familiar with what files are changed when adding additional Mods. For example you need to manually edit the Campaign_SCR.mis file to add the wolfpack submarine units. Any additional Mod that overwrites this file MAY eliminate your wolfpacks and you may not necessarily know this until the wolfpacks continually fails to show up. Force yourself to become comfortable with the SH3 file structure, pay attention to the details and test after every change.

Good luck.

-C
Randomizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-19, 01:18 PM   #4011
neocrife
Watch

Quote:
What worked for me:

- Install GWX and use JMGME to tweak options as desired. Test.

- Install Supplement to V16B1 (JSGME) AFTER carefully reading all of the documentation that comes with the download. Cannot stress this to much, if you are uncomfortable editing text files using both direct entry and copy/paste you might find yourself in over your head. It's not hard but does require precision and accuracy. Test.

- Install Stiebler4C_Addon_for_V16B1 with the same caveats as for the H.Sie patching. Test. It works if all was done correctly.

Didn't know for the Stiebler4C_Addon, thanks for advice, I will work on it tonight

Last edited by neocrife; 05-03-19 at 02:21 PM.
Old 05-03-19, 10:21 PM   #4012
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome aboard!

neocrife!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-19, 05:07 AM   #4013
neocrife
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
neocrife!
Hello !

By the way Randomizer, this is actualy my list :

[DEPENDANCIES]

widescreen _GWX3.0="Thomsen's Sound Pack V3.2cg""Supplement to V16B1 (JSGME)"

Thomsen's Sound Pack V3.2cg="Supplement to V16B1 (JSGME)"

[MODS]

GWX - Enhanced Damage Effects=1
GWX - Main movie - 'Das Boot'=2
GWX - No Medals on Crew=3
GWX - VIIC41 Player Sub=4
O2-Gauges v2=5
Rubini´s Underwater dust&plancton v1=6
M.E.P v6=7
M.E.P v6- VisualSensors for GWX3=8
LifeBoats&Debris_v4=9
widescreen _GWX3.0=10
Thomsen's Sound Pack V3.2cg=11
Supplement to V16B1 (JSGME)=12

As you can see, there is some dependencies, and I dont know which way is better to avoid any conflict mods. I didnt install the Stiebler4C_Addon because I got the feeling that it was too much risk to install it for the features it given me. it is really important to install this fix ?

There is a way to optimize my installation by installing something before another ? Am i making something wrong ? If you can help me, or someone, thanks.
Old 05-06-19, 06:11 AM   #4014
Anvar1061
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 843

Quote:
Originally Posted by neocrife View Post
Hello !

By the way Randomizer, this is actualy my list :

[DEPENDANCIES]

widescreen _GWX3.0="Thomsen's Sound Pack V3.2cg""Supplement to V16B1 (JSGME)"

Thomsen's Sound Pack V3.2cg="Supplement to V16B1 (JSGME)"

[MODS]

GWX - Enhanced Damage Effects=1
GWX - Main movie - 'Das Boot'=2
GWX - No Medals on Crew=3
GWX - VIIC41 Player Sub=4
O2-Gauges v2=5
Rubini´s Underwater dust&plancton v1=6
M.E.P v6=7
M.E.P v6- VisualSensors for GWX3=8
LifeBoats&Debris_v4=9
widescreen _GWX3.0=10
Thomsen's Sound Pack V3.2cg=11
Supplement to V16B1 (JSGME)=12

As you can see, there is some dependencies, and I dont know which way is better to avoid any conflict mods. I didnt install the Stiebler4C_Addon because I got the feeling that it was too much risk to install it for the features it given me. it is really important to install this fix ?

There is a way to optimize my installation by installing something before another ? Am i making something wrong ? If you can help me, or someone, thanks.

O2-Gauges v2 is installed after Supplement to V16B1 and don't forget AI_Sensors for Stiebler4C_V16B1 patch and MEP v6
Anvar1061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-19, 06:50 AM   #4015
neocrife
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anvar1061 View Post

O2-Gauges v2 is installed after Supplement to V16B1 and don't forget AI_Sensors for Stiebler4C_V16B1 patch and MEP v6
You're totaly right ! Thanks for your important answer. I forgot the sensor, but don't know where to put it.

I must copy the folder in the JSMGE folder, it is right ? And activate the AI_Sensors for Stiebler4C_V16B1 after the mod or before ? I have some problem to understand what is more important to rewrite...

I deleted the M.E.P v6- VisualSensors for GWX3. Is it right ?

The widescreen_gwx3 is rewriting eng_menu as V16B1 and the sound pack.... I'm so confused..
Old 05-06-19, 07:08 AM   #4016
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 488
Uploads: 4

Any GWX user who wants to use Stiebler's work should really get the GWX file under his name at this site. Second file from the top. Password, "Woelfe".

https://maikhaas.synology.me:5001/sharing/MtAJLwchp

It has all the file editing already done. Just put your patched (both Hsie and Stiebler) sh3.exe file in it, copy it to your mods folder and enable, and the Stiebler work is done for GWX.
You'll still need to do the actual patching in his "standard" patch folder. But as said, then just copy your patched sh3.exe into the GWX folder from the site above.
Another reminder of a common mistake made with the Hsie/Stiebler patch combo; if you're going to use the Stiebler patch, patch your sh3.exe first with the Hsie patch, but DO NOT use the options selector in his patch folder.
Copy your Hsie patched sh3.exe to Stiebler's patch folder, patch is with his patch, and then use the options selector in HIS folder to choose your options.
Old 05-06-19, 07:26 AM   #4017
neocrife
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Pancoast View Post
Any GWX user who wants to use Stiebler's work should really get the GWX file under his name at this site. Second file from the top. Password, "Woelfe".

https://maikhaas.synology.me:5001/sharing/MtAJLwchp

It has all the file editing already done. Just put your patched (both Hsie and Stiebler) sh3.exe file in it, copy it to your mods folder and enable, and the Stiebler work is done for GWX.
You'll still need to do the actual patching in his "standard" patch folder. But as said, then just copy your patched sh3.exe into the GWX folder from the site above.
Another reminder of a common mistake made with the Hsie/Stiebler patch combo; if you're going to use the Stiebler patch, patch your sh3.exe first with the Hsie patch, but DO NOT use the options selector in his patch folder.
Copy your Hsie patched sh3.exe to Stiebler's patch folder, patch is with his patch, and then use the options selector in HIS folder to choose your options.
Thanks.

By the way, Why puting the AI_Sensors for Stiebler4C_V16B1 into my mod folder if I only installed the V16B1 ? Not the 4C
Old 05-06-19, 08:11 AM   #4018
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Thanks.

By the way, Why puting the AI_Sensors for Stiebler4C_V16B1 into my mod folder if I only installed the V16B1 ? Not the 4C
You don't have to, personal preference if you only use the Hsie patch. I do not know the particulars of the AI file in Stiebler's patch, other than they're to be used when one uses the 4C patch too.
Old 05-06-19, 08:30 AM   #4019
neocrife
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Pancoast View Post
You don't have to, personal preference if you only use the Hsie patch. I do not know the particulars of the AI file in Stiebler's patch, other than they're to be used when one uses the 4C patch too.
I have so much pain to make everything running perfectly.

I DL your GWX gold folder, fresh install. Install GWX.exe, then took the SH3.exe and put it on the V16B1 folder. I use the patch.exe. Everything okay.

As you said, didnt execute the Hsi, just copy/paste the new patched exe to the fix, and did the same thing. Now it is full patched with the Stiebler4C. Then, I used the Hsi, check the box, everything checked.

Now, where to paste the new sh3.exe ?

What I have to do ? I dont understand : " then just copy your patched sh3.exe into the GWX folder from the site above."

I never did such thing by the past. Why copy my exe to the GWX folder ? I thoguht I must do it on the main SH3 folder....

I'm so confused. The GWX folder I downloaded, you said every files on the Stiebler4C and V16B1 are in this GWX folder, right ? So, I dont have to copy or editing anything ?

I think you are talking about the "GWX3_Stiebler4B_Addon_for_V16B1" on the website you put here. I checked it and seems to be good edited as I did manualy (for wolfpack as example).

Last edited by neocrife; 05-06-19 at 08:44 AM.
Old 05-06-19, 08:53 AM   #4020
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
I have so much pain to make everything running perfectly.

I DL your GWX gold folder, fresh install. Install GWX.exe, then took the SH3.exe and put it on the V16B1 folder. I use the patch.exe. Everything okay.

As you said, didnt execute the Hsi, just copy/paste the new patched exe to the fix, and did the same thing. Now it is full patched with the Stiebler4C. Then, I used the Hsi, check the box, everything checked.

Now, where to paste the new sh3.exe ?

What I have to do ? I dont understand : " then just copy your patched sh3.exe into the GWX folder from the site above."

I never did such thing by the past. Why copy my exe to the GWX folder ? I thoguht I must do it on the main SH3 folder....

I'm so confused. The GWX folder I downloaded, you said every files on the Stiebler4C and V16B1 are in this GWX folder, right ? So, I dont have to copy or editing anything ?
Here you go, sounds like you've already done some of this but here's the steps anyway. It can be confusing, hang in there.

Hsie patch only in GWX instructions:

1. Copy your patched to v1.4 sh3.exe into Hsie's patch folder. Run his patch. If you're only going to use the Hsie patch, run the options selector in his folder and choose your options.
If you're also going to use Stiebler's patch, do not use the option selector in the Hsie folder. You will use the option selector in Stiebler's folder instead.

2. If you're only going to use the Hsie patch, place your Hsie patched sh3.exe into the "Supplement to......" folder in his patch folder. You will have to extract the "Supplement to...." folder first as it comes compressed in a .7z file, in Hsie's patch folder.

3. Then, copy the "Supplement to....." folder containing your Hsie patched sh3.exe and the "O2" folder in Hsie's patch folder into your game's mods folder and enable. Do the "02" folder last, as it needs to overwrite files in the "Supplement to...." folder.
Best to make them the last mods you enable. You are now ready to play SH3 with Hsie's patch.
At the main menu, it should say his patch number in the lower right corner.

Both Hsie and Stiebler patches in GWX instructions:

1. Copy your patched to v1.4 sh3.exe into Hsie's patch folder. Run his patch. DO NOT use the option selector in Hsie's folder.

2. Copy your Hsie patched sh3.exe into Stiebler's patch folder.

3. Patch your sh3.exe with his patch.

4. Run the options selector in Stiebler's folder and choose what you want.

5. Copy your now Hsie/Stiebler patched sh3.exe into the "GWX Stiebler......" folder I gave you the link for. This file already has all the necessary files placed and edited where they need to be for GWX. It takes the place of you having to do the editing, etc. yourself for GWX.

5. Place both the Hsie "Supplement to....." folder from the Hsie patch folder and the "GWX Stiebler...." Stiebler folder (this folder should contain your sh3.exe) into your sh3 mods folder and enable both. Hsie first. Both mods preferably the last mods you enable, with the 02 folder from Hsie's patch folder applied after these.
You are now ready to play sh3 with both the Hsie and Stiebler patches applied.

Last edited by John Pancoast; 05-06-19 at 09:53 PM.
John Pancoast is offline   Reply With Quote